HITZFIELD
4%
QUEIROZ
No votes
OTHER
3%

Total votes : 102

Postby greenred » Thu May 27, 2004 12:22 pm

He doesnt actually buy any players at Valencia,the Chairman chooses and buys the players.That is Benitez main gripe.People cant say he is better than O`Neill at choosing players when he doesnt actually choose any.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu May 27, 2004 12:23 pm

Torres and Mida of alencia are the only two players that Valencia signed that Benitez actually had any hand in. They were two of Valencia best players last season
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu May 27, 2004 12:26 pm

greenred wrote:He doesnt actually buy any players at Valencia,the Chairman chooses and buys the players.That is Benitez main gripe.People cant say he is better than O`Neill at choosing players when he doesnt actually choose any.

maybe he'd be better suited at Cheski and we should get Mourinho
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 27, 2004 12:35 pm

to be fair he hasn't had much money to play with at Valencia and he has still been able to get all this success wiht him.

If he were to come hopefully he could bring players like Aimar and Ayala across with him, add Cisse to that and I think we have a good squad there.

It is a worry however and may be a problem in future years, but is it that difficult to get good players if the club is going well?, and we have scouts to do a job, and i would gather Benitez has a pretty good grasp on  la liga and would be able to sign quality players with a large budget, time will tell.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu May 27, 2004 2:47 pm

im chuffed he went, thanks for a couple of seasons ago.

Now, as for our next manager, i want Oneill! We wont entertain it though, then Mourinho, but he's off to Chelsea. After that, who? The mighty Liverpool have to go for third or fourth choice as their manager i just cant believe it. I hope that we get a great manager and have a successful season, maybe not the title but improvement.

The thing that seems to be escaping everyone's attention though is that the board (Moores and Parry) are still making blatant mistakes in the way our (fans) club is being run. The thai deal will go through and that stinks! If it doesn't (id be surprised) then this idea of issuing new shares to generate money is a poor idea, it only dilutes the value of the club in the long term.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu May 27, 2004 2:50 pm

Guys no ones answered my question, I promise its not a joke, Is there any other manager managing in euro 2004 who has a track record.  St Michael your 6 week story coincides with what I've been told. Not wishing to stick my neck out I want confirmation.  England fans may well laugh but is the swede the only manager in 2004 who has the credentials who else is there  let me know and I'll spill all.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 27, 2004 2:53 pm

i hope its O'Neill
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Thu May 27, 2004 4:32 pm

greenred wrote:
columbia wrote:Benitez or Mourinho, not o'neil

O'neil is so over rated. He's never done well in the Champions League and im not sure that if you give him a lot of money he'll be able to sign the right players. I mean lets be honest, buying players with a limited budget and buying them with a large budget are toatally different things. You cant doubt his passion or desire but we dont need someone whos got the potential to do well, we need someone who has done well and is proven at the highest level, otherwise its just one step forward two steps back. The suggestions of dalglish, toshack and espescially Curbishly are laughable. Those manager are all either inconcistent or have no where near enough experience at the highest level.

So what players has Benitez bought?

its a good point but benitez could bring players over from valencia. Someone mentioned Aimar and ayala. If those two players joined are team it would look instantly so much better.
columbia

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2004 4:35 pm

columbia wrote:Someone mentioned Aimar and ayala. If those two players joined are team would look instantly so much better.

have you seen the pair of them. they're two of th eugliest players i've ever seen! :p  :D

so seriously, aimar would be a dream ticket. ayala is a complete bruiser. pure physical presence and strength but not sure about his pace. we need a pacey player at the back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lord Lucan » Thu May 27, 2004 4:57 pm

Id really like to see curbishly in charge hes done wonders at charlton on a shoe string and deserves the chance at big club id like to see english manager who knows if he does well  maybe future england boss
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2004 5:21 pm

big al wrote:Guys no ones answered my question, I promise its not a joke, Is there any other manager managing in euro 2004 who has a track record.  St Michael your 6 week story coincides with what I've been told. Not wishing to stick my neck out I want confirmation.  England fans may well laugh but is the swede the only manager in 2004 who has the credentials who else is there  let me know and I'll spill all.

Sorry Al, to be honest I'm not that clued up on the "track" record of the mgrs at Euro 2004. I must do some research.
What about the Latvian coach ? Its a big red one  :D
(just messin')  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Thu May 27, 2004 5:22 pm

Liverpool fc isnt a breeding ground for future England managers.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2004 5:24 pm

greenred wrote:Liverpool fc isnt a breeding ground for future England managers.

Not even Keegan ?  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2004 5:26 pm

Speaking of coaches, is it true that Phil Thompson went to the Liverpool Xmas party last season dressed as a pumpkin?

Apparently, come midnight he still hadn't turned into a coach.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Thu May 27, 2004 5:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
greenred wrote:Liverpool fc isnt a breeding ground for future England managers.

Not even Keegan ?  :)

I heard Martin Samuel arguing that Liverpool should hire an english manager as it would be a good apprenticeship for the England job.Allerdyce,Curbishley or Mclaren would come in for a couple of years,enhance his reputation and then bugger off to be England coach.S.od all that.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls