If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Jose Mourinho
30%
Martin O'neil
6%
Guus Hiddink
35%
Fabio Capello
5%
Alex Mcleish
1%
Steve Hodgson
1%
Frank Rijkaard
4%
Kenny Daglish
10%
Marco Van Basten
No votes
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes : 84

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:02 pm

I know it's only an if and a lot can happen between now and  May but if Rafa did leave at the end of the season who would your ideal replacement be?

I have a few that spring to mind.Obviously Jose Mourinho would excite the fans the most but would he be the best solution with not as much money as he is use to,

If it had to be one of the British Managers, my choice would be Mcleish as he seems a very good manager and in my eyes he deserves a chance at a top job.

For some reason I have always thought Fabio Capello would be the most attractive manager and I have always had a feeling he would end up our manager one day.I know he has the world cup but after that who knows.

So In a nutshell I would like Fabio Capello as our new manager if Rafa goes.
roberto green

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm

MArtin O'Neill - Can't stand the smarmy Bar Steward, maybe it's my Rangers roots but couldnt handle that

Capello - Isn't he a bit busy at the mo?

Guus - If Chelsea let him!!!

Houllier - 10/1... would he? would we?

Oswaldo de Oliveira - Brazilian, not the liverpool sort i think

Roy Hodgson - my dark horse

Rijjkkaarrdd - who id like to see
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Since when have we been able to vote in our own polls?
roberto green

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Dalglish would be my first choice, with the ever unpopular Mourinho second and Hiddink, who now has an agreement that he can manage a club as well as the Russian National team, back in third. 

I think the main thing is to bring in someone that the players will have faith in. O'Neil and most of the others still have quite a bit to prove, and maybe some players wouldn't be willing to take the risk of another season of woe with a manager with questions after his name.

If Rafa does go I hope its on mutual terms rather than a sacking and that Dalglish is given a bit of money to show just what bargains he can find.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 pm

i picked the person i feel knows and understands the prem and would give us the best chance to win it yet still understand the CL and other cups, i dont like him by my vote is for Jose Mourinho.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 pm

who is steve hodgson?
kawaton

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:52 pm

kawaton wrote:who is steve hodgson?

I meant Roy Hodgson sorry.I use to go to school with someone called Ste Hodgson

:D
roberto green

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 am

capello for me.

or dalglish :D  because if rafa goes he'd the one of the more likely candidates. i'd say him and hiddink would be the names most bandied about.

but wishfully thinking, capello. oh imagine liverpool playing catennacio; back to that water tight defense, compact midfield, and a deadly striker. we'd be boring but we'd be super hard to break down, and we'd probably be winning games 1-0 :D , which i'd be totally fine with anyways.
Last edited by anti-hero on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:26 am

plus i'd like to see the likes of babel blasting capello on their twitter page. i'm sure rafa knows how to discipline his players but oowee. something tells me capello would be a bit different.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:33 am

roberto green wrote:

Give him a call, he might be a good option. :D

TBH Capello, Hiddink, and Hodgson to a lesser extent, i am put off by their age. Feels like a short term fix.

Always liked Mourinho myself.
kawaton

Postby arnie72 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:36 am

Would go with Martin o'neil at least he would be able to motivate the players and he would hopefully bring across a few of villa's decent player.
arnie72

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:01 am

roberto green wrote:

pmsl, now thats funny  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:20 am

For those of you out there who wants Mourinho:

Liverpool sale may lead to Mourinho move

Jose Mourinho will only consider succeeding Rafael Benitez at Liverpool if the club are sold to an investor who can compete with Manchester City and Chelsea in the transfer market.

A decision on Benitez's future will be deferred by the Anfield hierarchy until the end of the season, by which time the current process of trying to find a new investor will have progressed. But a City expert has informed Soccernet that it will need a complete takeover of Liverpool to attract Mourinho.

The City source has intimate inside knowledge of previous failed attempts to buy out George Gillett and Tom Hicks and he told Soccernet: "From the people I know close to Jose, he will not join a financially unstable club.

"If Liverpool got themselves into a solid, stable financial condition with the funds to invest in new players then Jose wouldn't think twice of joining Liverpool if the opportunity arises. But not in the current conditions.

"The Liverpool owners have been trying to sell the club for two years, now they are seeking investment of £100 million. They'll be lucky. Who in their right mind is going to invest that amount for a minority stake with no control and no say?

"Anyone coming will want control, at least 51% at the very minimum. No one is going to hand over big sums with Hicks and Gillett calling the shots. It's dysfunctional as it is, and it would only be shuffling the deck chairs around the Titanic, and make no real difference.

"The club have been out there now for several months seeking investors without any joy, and I cannot imagine much will change in the next few months."

Finding a potential investor would have been an easier task had the club been performing better this season, and the source admitted that, should Liverpool fail to make the top four come May, financial problems could worsen and the desire to find a new manager strengthen.

"Of course, if the club fail to make it into the top four then the hope of paying the interest on their loans will diminish and that will exercise their minds about selling the club at a reasonable price. It will also increase the need to find a new manager, and there is little point in doing that, unless he is better than Benitez. That leaves a shortlist of one - Mourinho. The rest are just as good

"Everyone accuses Rafa of spending a lot of money but that was mainly before 2007, before Gillett and Hicks. Over the last three years, much less has been spent net on players, so he has been operating with one hand tied behind his back.

"There's no way Jose will be doing that. He will need a big budget to get the team going again. It is simple economics: you have got to be spending big money to be in the top four - there is no way around that. Liverpool haven't got it to spend and won't have it under the current set up. It has got to change, certainly to attract the likes of Mourinho."

Mourinho has stated his desire to return to the Premier League where he was so successful with Chelsea, but equally his future will not be decided until the end of the season, and may still hinge on the outcome of Inter's Champions League contest with Chelsea.

Inter Milan dispensed with Roberto Mancini after three successive titles in their quest for Champions League glory, hiring Mourinho specifically for his European pedigree. Even though Inter's president Massimo Moratti has publicly declared Mourinho's future will not be decided by Champions League success, he said the same about Mancini before replacing the Italian.

Manchester City are thought to have assessed Mourinho, among others, before finally concluding Mancini was the right man to succeed Mark Hughes. City chiefs believed Mourinho was waiting for Manchester United or Liverpool.

Soccernet's source added: "Assuming he cannot or wouldn't want to go back to Chelsea then Jose has only a handful of clubs he would choose back in England that are stable, clubs like Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa, and despite all the debt at Manchester United, that would be his number one choice."

That, of course, depends on the date on which Sir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger decide to end their long running associations with their clubs, and there is no sign of that yet. Logically, that leaves Liverpool as the big prize for Mourinho - but it would only be on his terms.

Who is to say that Rafa wouldn't be able to do a better job than Mourinho if we are as rich as Chelsea or City?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:27 am

I think under these circumstances the most suitable candidate would be Guus Hiddink. He is a back-to-basics manager and might be able to work within limited budgets...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:27 am

jose
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls