If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Jose Mourinho
30%
Martin O'neil
6%
Guus Hiddink
35%
Fabio Capello
5%
Alex Mcleish
1%
Steve Hodgson
1%
Frank Rijkaard
4%
Kenny Daglish
10%
Marco Van Basten
No votes
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes : 84

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 am

If and its a big if Rafa goes id like Marcello Lippi
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:34 am

If it all goes belly up Id like to see Daglish back at the helm.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:39 am

anti-hero wrote:capello for me.

or dalglish :D  because if rafa goes he'd the one of the more likely candidates. i'd say him and hiddink would be the names most bandied about.

but wishfully thinking, capello. oh imagine liverpool playing catennacio; back to that water tight defense, compact midfield, and a deadly striker. we'd be boring but we'd be super hard to break down, and we'd probably be winning games 1-0 :D , which i'd be totally fine with anyways.

We are already doing that these days but not on the defensive side... :no
shawnk

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:32 am

There are only 2 men who are worthy... Mourinho and Hiddink.

Id love either. I voted Jose, as his manmanagement is second to none...he makes people feel they are as good as Pele. Hes arrogant (but has the rare attribute of backing it up). The confidence oozes out of his team... hence over 5 years unbeaten at home with Porto and Chelsea, and a glut of silverware.

Hiddink is a great diplomat who is adored wherever he goes. Better style of football than Jose but if i was stuck in the trenches, Jose is the one i'd want leading us.

Its a close call... but as Jose is a winning machine, he gets my vote (now we need the $$$ to fund him and his team)
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:04 am

maguskwt wrote:For those of you out there who wants Mourinho:

Liverpool sale may lead to Mourinho move

Jose Mourinho will only consider succeeding Rafael Benitez at Liverpool if the club are sold to an investor who can compete with Manchester City and Chelsea in the transfer market.

A decision on Benitez's future will be deferred by the Anfield hierarchy until the end of the season, by which time the current process of trying to find a new investor will have progressed. But a City expert has informed Soccernet that it will need a complete takeover of Liverpool to attract Mourinho.

The City source has intimate inside knowledge of previous failed attempts to buy out George Gillett and Tom Hicks and he told Soccernet: "From the people I know close to Jose, he will not join a financially unstable club.

"If Liverpool got themselves into a solid, stable financial condition with the funds to invest in new players then Jose wouldn't think twice of joining Liverpool if the opportunity arises. But not in the current conditions.

"The Liverpool owners have been trying to sell the club for two years, now they are seeking investment of £100 million. They'll be lucky. Who in their right mind is going to invest that amount for a minority stake with no control and no say?

"Anyone coming will want control, at least 51% at the very minimum. No one is going to hand over big sums with Hicks and Gillett calling the shots. It's dysfunctional as it is, and it would only be shuffling the deck chairs around the Titanic, and make no real difference.

"The club have been out there now for several months seeking investors without any joy, and I cannot imagine much will change in the next few months."

Finding a potential investor would have been an easier task had the club been performing better this season, and the source admitted that, should Liverpool fail to make the top four come May, financial problems could worsen and the desire to find a new manager strengthen.

"Of course, if the club fail to make it into the top four then the hope of paying the interest on their loans will diminish and that will exercise their minds about selling the club at a reasonable price. It will also increase the need to find a new manager, and there is little point in doing that, unless he is better than Benitez. That leaves a shortlist of one - Mourinho. The rest are just as good

"Everyone accuses Rafa of spending a lot of money but that was mainly before 2007, before Gillett and Hicks. Over the last three years, much less has been spent net on players, so he has been operating with one hand tied behind his back.

"There's no way Jose will be doing that. He will need a big budget to get the team going again. It is simple economics: you have got to be spending big money to be in the top four - there is no way around that. Liverpool haven't got it to spend and won't have it under the current set up. It has got to change, certainly to attract the likes of Mourinho."

Mourinho has stated his desire to return to the Premier League where he was so successful with Chelsea, but equally his future will not be decided until the end of the season, and may still hinge on the outcome of Inter's Champions League contest with Chelsea.

Inter Milan dispensed with Roberto Mancini after three successive titles in their quest for Champions League glory, hiring Mourinho specifically for his European pedigree. Even though Inter's president Massimo Moratti has publicly declared Mourinho's future will not be decided by Champions League success, he said the same about Mancini before replacing the Italian.

Manchester City are thought to have assessed Mourinho, among others, before finally concluding Mancini was the right man to succeed Mark Hughes. City chiefs believed Mourinho was waiting for Manchester United or Liverpool.

Soccernet's source added: "Assuming he cannot or wouldn't want to go back to Chelsea then Jose has only a handful of clubs he would choose back in England that are stable, clubs like Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa, and despite all the debt at Manchester United, that would be his number one choice."

That, of course, depends on the date on which Sir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger decide to end their long running associations with their clubs, and there is no sign of that yet. Logically, that leaves Liverpool as the big prize for Mourinho - but it would only be on his terms.

Who is to say that Rafa wouldn't be able to do a better job than Mourinho if we are as rich as Chelsea or City?

I could have invented that story.

Absolutely blatant fabrication.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:48 am

Just pathetic reasoning by many fans.
If Mourinho came after som arabs bought the club and was handed a couple of hundred million to by players for he would be hailed as a hero and much better than Rafa if he then won the title.
Just pathetic of how igonorant one can be of the fact that money plays a huge part in winning.

If now Mancini goes on and spends a copule of hundred more millions and win the title 3-4 years down he must be our saviour
if he can win with City  :no

Let me make this prediction:
We will win jack **** titlewise as long as twit and :censored: are our owners no matter if Kermit is our manager or the pope.
You can quote me on that!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 am

Penguins wrote:Just pathetic reasoning by many fans.
If Mourinho came after som arabs bought the club and was handed a couple of hundred million to by players for he would be hailed as a hero and much better than Rafa if he then won the title.
Just pathetic of how igonorant one can be of the fact that money plays a huge part in winning.

If now Mancini goes on and spends a copule of hundred more millions and win the title 3-4 years down he must be our saviour

We will win jack **** titlewise as long as twit and :censored: are our owners no matter if Kermit is our manager or the pope.

Mourinho won the lot at Porto, INSTANTLY... on a shoestring.

UEFA Cup (2003), UEFA Champions League (2004).. back to back, with a Portuguese team --- a club team from a nation who had won nothing in Europe since the 80's.

5 Years unbeaten at home with both Porto and Chelsea.

Hes in a different class to Rafa, no neutral on the planet would dare dispute that.

A biased rose tinted rafa fan can point to the two CL semi-finals ...the 1st one was Garcias ghost goal (which i love more than any other) and Gudjohnsen missing an absolute sitter to put them through. The 2nd we won on the lottery of pens.

Rafa is an excellent manager (56% win rate i believe) but hes no Mourinho.

Rafa has yet to build a team and win with it (he inherited Hector Cupers 2 time CL finalist Valencia team), and 9 of the 11 2005 CL team was Fooliers players... and make no mistake, Rafa got out of the mother of all jails in Istanbul in playing crock kewell instead of Hamann allowing kaka to run riot. Hes been touched by huge fortune that a home grown product and arguably our greatest ever player has worn the Superman cape in 2 finals.

Mourinho is a born winner... he oozes the win mentality, and everyone follows. The players love him.. and he defends them to the hilt and openly praises them (as opposed to Rafa who will only defend garbage such as lucas who get slaughtered, and not top players such as Gerrard for fear of them getting an inflated ego).."maybe i will get a well done out of him one day" says Stevie... Carra "anything you tell rafa hes done it better", while Alonso said they had a working relationship.
Last edited by Kerry07 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Festy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:49 am

NANNY RED wrote:If and its a big if Rafa goes id like Marcello Lippi

There is no doubt (in anyone's mind here apart from you and Ciggy) that Rafa will go. Only thing to see here if it is mutual termination or he is sacked. 'ifs' and 'buts' are out of question here and for everyone to see.

I'd be happy with any of Jose, Guss, Capello, Lippi. and won't mind boring 1-0 results.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby babu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:50 am

How about Carragher as player manager? Cost us next to nothing and he can't possibly do any worse.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:50 am

lakes10 wrote:
roberto green wrote:
kawaton wrote:who is steve hodgson?

I meant Roy Hodgson sorry.I use to go to school with someone called Ste Hodgson

:D

pmsl, now thats funny  :D

another bolnde moment from me

:D
roberto green

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 am

Gus "crazy dutch basterd" Hiddink
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

maguskwt wrote:For those of you out there who wants Mourinho:

Liverpool sale may lead to Mourinho move

Jose Mourinho will only consider succeeding Rafael Benitez at Liverpool if the club are sold to an investor who can compete with Manchester City and Chelsea in the transfer market.

No surprise there....

"Special one" will only take a job with tons of money at his disposal   :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 am

Penguins wrote:Just pathetic reasoning by many fans.

Well we nearly won the title last season with twit and tw@t as our owners so why do you feel that ?

I havent voted because i dont have a major preference at this moment in time.
I think Dalglish short team, then either Mourinho or hiddink next season would be fine.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:23 am

Festy wrote:I'd be happy with any of Jose, Guss, Capello, Lippi. and won't mind boring 1-0 results.

I assume you don't go because I hate boring 1-0 wins, I'd rather win every game 7-6 without the use of tie-breakers or the flip of a coin
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby spion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:27 pm

I'd pick one of the best upcoming managers in Germany & a man who understands Liverpool. Markus Babbel. He had been doing an amazing job at Stuttgart before being removed during political issues at the club. Bringing in Roy Hodgson as manager & Babbel as his number two would in my opinion finally give us some direction in the youth set up also give us some cohesion in the transfer market. Babbel commands respect all around europe & the knowledge gained working with Hodgson would be priceless.
spion

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls