If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Jose Mourinho
30%
Martin O'neil
6%
Guus Hiddink
35%
Fabio Capello
5%
Alex Mcleish
1%
Steve Hodgson
1%
Frank Rijkaard
4%
Kenny Daglish
10%
Marco Van Basten
No votes
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes : 84

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 am

Jose never seems to stay in one place for too long and no doubt he will move on from Inter too. Remember his last years at Chelsea they did not win prem or CL. An over-rated manager that the media loved because he says stupid things (besides his teams are always ugly to watch). Special one my @rse!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 am

kazza wrote:Jose never seems to stay in one place for too long and no doubt he will move on from Inter too. Remember his last years at Chelsea they did not win prem or CL. An over-rated manager that the media loved because he says stupid things (besides his teams are always ugly to watch). Special one my @rse!

Well they won the league/FA cups  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 am

Well well well..........the special one is leading the nominations..... i wonder wonder why...  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 am

The_Rock wrote:Well well well..........the special one is leading the nominations..... i wonder wonder why...  :eyebrow

Not any more  :blush:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 am

The_Rock wrote:Well well well..........the special one is leading the nominations..... i wonder wonder why...  :eyebrow

Because there are so many Ignoramuses on here?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 am

Kerry07 wrote:Mourinho won the lot at Porto, INSTANTLY... on a shoestring.

UEFA Cup (2003), UEFA Champions League (2004).. back to back, with a Portuguese team --- a club team from a nation who had won nothing in Europe since the 80's.

5 Years unbeaten at home with both Porto and Chelsea.

Hes in a different class to Rafa, no neutral on the planet would dare dispute that

He won with very good players, Ferreira and Carvalho cost him enough when he moved to Chelsea and he bought Ferreira and others at Porto, and you don't need to look far to see that Portugese players have been good in recent years. He already had Baia, CARVALHO, Costinha, DECO and Postiga among others when he took over. Porto have also remained a dominant force since Mourinho left, winning the league in the past four seasons which suggests it was a good side before Mourinho took over but had an underachieving manager (which Mourinho replaced)

As if I need to prove Portugal is not a great league, Benfica (31), Porto (24) and Sporting (18) have won all but two of the league titles between them, and only four other sides have finished runners-up. Had Mourinho won it with with a team outside of those three then maybe it would be something 'special'. Even SPL has had more different winners and runners-up in its various formats, despite the old infirm having 94 league titles between them and 58 runners-up accolades.

Winning the UEFA Cup doesn't take much, Celtic reached the final as did boro and RANGERS. There are few top sides left in the competition. And they won the CL when playing MONACO, fair enough they had to reach the final, but it is only a cup competition so, as I'm sure Mourinho has said himself, the "best side lost" a fair few times during that. Or perhaps you think Reading are truly a better side than us because over a CL style two legs they beat us, would have gone to extra-time as both 90 mins ended 1-1. Are Reading better than us?!?!? Or did Reading "on a shoestring budget" take advantage of a competition where you can get through without having to be the best side?

Besides which fergie did much the same at Aberdeen, but that doesn't mean the money he's had with the mancs hasn't been crucial in him winning in a top league. He too succeeded in Europe, a then stronger Cup Winners Cup when only Champions went into the European Cup and a few strong sides into the UEFA Cup and the three European competitions were strong. But it was still only a cup win and league success in a weak(er) league, let's not dress it up as if Mourinho's Porto were some non league side beating the top five or six sides in England to an astounding FA and League Cup double.

I give Mourinho and fergie credit for what they did at Porto and Aberdeen respectively, but I don't buy into the hype they've gained at big clubs with big budgets. Neither won a major European league without being at one of the biggest 2-3 clubs in said league or a lot of money. If fergie was so clever then why did he not win the league for seven years and it took him getting the best player of the reigning Champions and spending as much as anyone before he finally cracked it? Mourinho went straight to the club that had just finished second to an unbeaten Arsenal and had spent shedloads, he then pootled off to Italy to take over at the Champions in a league perhaps still not quite recovered from match fixing.

I can see Mourinho coming here and doing nothing, I think it will take someone with more than special in his name to win the league here.

And it is debatable whether Mourinho is better than Rafa, quite possibly has the edge tactically, but Rafa did win la liga with a Valencia side in the face of two massive Spanish giants (compared to poxy Spurting Lesbian and Benfica) and won the UEFA Cup and reached the QFs of the CL as well.

Don't get me wrong, noone knows for sure what MON, Mourinho or Hiddink might do here, but the 'special (needs) one' isn't guaranteed success any more than Rafa was. He knows his reputation may well be tested, and plenty have the fall-back that if he comes here then the team isn't exactly relegation material and has been capable of finishing second. He may decide not to put his reputation at stake, as for the home record thing well that's impressive but most sides top of their leagues don't lose many. Even the mancs only lose one or two games, but they do play more attacking football than most so are bound to come unstuck from time to time. Fair play, it is a good record, but the one that counts is trophies. Who's to say the temperamental little ego won't get close and throw a tantrum and be gone? He's hardly had a long service medal for his times at Porto, Chelsea and Inter. His longest spell at a club is 185 games at Chelsea over three seasons/years. And for such a 'special one' he has only won the CL once, that despite managing the biggest team in England and now Italy. Like fergie, Europe seems to be his achilles heel. Shows the strongest league sides don't necessarily win in Europe and vice versa
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Cheeky move for Pep Guardiola?

He would obviously be a big risk but if we are going to change managers at the end of the season and Guardiola doesn’t sign on with Barca it would make sense to at least talk to him.

Guardiola must decide future - Barca boss given deadline by club president

Barcelona president Joan Laporta says manager Pep Guardiola must decide on his future by Easter.

Guardiola has managed to secure six pieces of silverware since he took control of the Catalan club a year-and-a-half ago in his first managerial job.

But his current deal is set to expire in the summer and the club want to tie him down to a long-term contract by April.

"We're not going to pressure Guardiola and we'll give him a reasonable time to think," Laporta said. "But before Holy Week the club need a response on his continuity.

"The moment will arrive in which something will have to be made clear.

"That is a date that's more than prudent. There would be time to look for alternatives, although that is something I don't even want to think about because Guardiola has an enormous future at Barcelona.

"But I repeat that in Holy Week it would be good to know who will be our coach with the aim of having time to prepare for the next season.

"The sooner we know the coach's future, the better for the club."

Although Guardiola has yet to agree a new deal at Camp Nou, Laporta is confident he will extend his stay.

"I have well-founded hopes that he will continue to lead the team for several seasons," he added.

"For Barca, the best thing would be for Guardiola to continue. And, although I am no-one to talk about Pep's interests, I think that it would also be the best for him.

"He could mark an era. All the club believe in him and I believe Guardiola's continuity is a unanimous desire of all the Barcelona fans."

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Guardiola will be crazy not to continue... he is just biding his time probably to get a very good deal out of Barca's Management... better chance of getting Mourinho than him IMO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:02 pm

I think it would be a gamble for the club to replace Rafa now in the middle of the season but equally I think it is also a big gamble to let Rafa continue until the end of the season and hope we finish 4th.

We have no realistic chance of finishing fourth the way we are playing and I don't see the situation improving anytime soon. 

IMO a new manager coming in now will get a lot more from the current team than Rafa but the noises coming from Anfield suggests that we won't see a change anytime soon.

Time for the club to grow a set and make the change, they may come to rue the day they didn't act.
Rockthekop

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 pm

i voted for MON purely because I think he is the best british manager arouind at the moment.  I really beleive we have too many foriegn players in our squad.

The core of the team has to be british for me, when we had Houllier he filled the team with French flops and Rafa looks to Spain everytime we need a player and even taks a lot of Spanish youngesters into the academy

I want players who dont have to read a history book to find out what this club is all about, maybe then they will understand what it takes to be a Liverpool player.

Im not saying dont go out and buy the best striker in the world if he comes available (ok I know.. weve already go him) but lets not gamble on players from abroad when there is normally a british p[layer who would also come knowing the history of our club.

If you look at MON Villa team it is packed with young british talent, hopefully he could bring some of them with him and with the core of our team (Reina, Carra, Johnson, Gerrard, Masha and Torres) make the step up that we need.  I think he would also install the passion, heart, spirit and pride back into this club.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 pm

If you people think changing managers will solve our current problems are delusional... whoever comes in we will struggle under current circumenstances because the root of the problem is not the manager...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:21 pm

I know the bigger problem id the owners but we cant do anything about them.

We need a change to stop the freefall we are in.  The team isnt that bad, but they totally demoralised and lack any confidence.  |I dont think Rafa's management style is not going to change this.  We need someone to come in and tell them they are the best players in the world, rather than point out that in the 63rd minute they passed sideways when they should have passed back.  I think Rafa is too obsessed with detail rather than rallying the team to go out and destroy the opposition before them
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Sparky's the latest one doing the rounds
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:Sparky's the latest one doing the rounds

Same category as Fat Sam, someone who's name is used to frighten little children into supporting Rafa  :D
account deleted by request

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:02 pm

I think we should start an internet campaign for Steve Hodgson , sounds like a decent sort :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls