Info on tactics

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:38 pm

Andy Gray, is a major 'Bluenose' so what do you expect. He is no more likely to think well of Liverpool than any of us would of Everton or the Manc's. However, heis the only commentator to come off the pot in advance and try to fathom the tactics. I half suspect that none of the others have any clue about 'real tactics' and thus will not 'expose themselves on TV'.:laugh: :laugh:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 106-1093504160 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:39 pm

what about richard keys?
106-1093504160

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:11 pm

Andy Gray knows his stuff.

HOWEVER... He's a biased ****** at times... he's excellent though whens hes not talking about Liverpool, Man Utd or Everton.

As i said before, what is there to know about tactics? Different tactics give you different things. Its a mix of tactics that give you a good "system".

One tactic for example, if you want to stop a teams full backs coming forward, tell your strikers to stand in wider area's and track them to the half way line at least, use a centre mid to press the two centre halfs and go 4-3-3. This in thoery should stop teams with good attacking full backs attacking you from that position.

As i said, its about a mix to perform a system. I'd base it on my players strengths.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby redflag123 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:31 pm

kindaconfuzed wrote:Why is it that Andy Grey seems the only guy capable of explaining the tactics, why don't the other commentators do it or can't they.

Also why do you never hear tactics talked about by the manager even after the game, surely then the threat is over having just altered then for the game they just played.

Also the tactics are rarely discussed in detail in the newspapers.

Can anyone guide me somewhere to where these issues are discussed.

Thanks

I think it was the great Bob Paisley that said "the defenders give the ball to the midfielders they give it to the attackers the attackers score.simple really!.
redflag123

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 am

All

Now I am bl**dy confuzed, I've never seen AG as biased at all so now I'll have to watch out for it. Not sure I rate Richard Keys just seems to rely on "the latest going on type news" but could be wrong.

I think I'm quite comfortable of my view of AG and will stick with him for now, I've only ever gone into Fanzone on SKy for a brief second and come out cos its seems cr*p.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion