Our manager and his tactics - Our manager and his tactics

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:42 pm

Our Manager in is early years at Liverpool took us alot of steps forward . However. How mant more chances can with give Emile Heskey. His goal scoring rate is terrible, he has very little skill, most of the time struggles to keep on his own two feet. Houlier always seemed to be ruthless with players in the past who under performed. westerveld (3 or 4 bad games resulted him going from our firt choice keeper to 4th choice over night and then off loaded to spain),ziege (never given a chance and played out of position),Fowler (who didnt under perform just never got along with the manager) Anelka (well why we didnt sign him was just a mistory to me).
Has Houlier sent all our scouts sent to France as, we keep bringing in trash after trash some at large fees. Diou who was only bort to keep Diouf happy (neither which have showed much, (at the price they cost two)). Talec and that other bloke from le harve. some new 18 year old defender who ive never heard of,Diomede (waste of time). Diarra well i carnt comment on him as i havent seen a great deal of him.
Then theres poor old Biscan, we sign him and only seem to play him in  worthless cup matches.
Xavier from everton (WHY)
I think every Liverpool has known for years we have needed more width and both flanks. Established players not unknowns.
I thought Houlier had actually got some sense when we signed Kewell.
In a few of the games he insisted on playing him on the right wing then switching him. (what a waste of a great tallent)
All i seem to get from other liverpool fans is "GET BEHIND THE TEAM, SHOW HESKEY AND HOULIER YOUR SUPPORT"
Well i have done this ever since he took charge and im not impressed with him or the games we play.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:29 pm

I think most of Houllier's signings have been ok.I also think Houllier has a knack of turning good players into mediocre players with his 'tactical' awareness.Steven Gerrard is an efforvescent player who likes to roam the pitch in search of the ball,driving the play forward and creating chances;well that's what he use to do until his game was stifled by the ultra-defensive attitude of Mr Houllier.I would likes us to attack in numbers;to go for the jugular from the start.Diouff will come through,so too will Diao and Cheyrou.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DAV » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:10 am

well theres no way you can be a liverpool fan. as if you were you'd no that diao is a defence midfielder.and he's cr#p
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC4EVA » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:39 am

DAV wrote:well theres no way you can be a liverpool fan. as if you were you'd no that diao is a defence midfielder.and he's cr#p

You don't sound like much of a Liverpool fan yourself, If its bothering you that much don't spend your money going to watch the match. simple as that. Then you can just sit in the house shouting your opinion at the TV (Its probably what you do anyway) Its not like they force you to watch them is it?
'Football is not a matter of life and death, Its more important than that'
LFC4EVA

Postby DAV » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:34 am

So what your trying to say is i should get behind the team and the manager as i'm only a supporter and not have an opinion,regardless of how negative we play. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE WAY WE PLAYED LAST SEASON AND THE SIGNINGS WE MAKE.
Are you not bothered in the fact Liverpool FC is not even classed as a top 4team anymore.
You really believe its going to be so different this season.
I believe there are 4 better teams than us this season.
Arsenal
Chelsea
Newcastle
and i hate to say it Man Utd
If you disagree with this show me how and why we are better.
All i want is Liverpool to be a success again and i carnt see that happening under Houlier.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:49 pm

Well DAV you are obviously new to the site if you are even implying that supersub isn't a real supporter, he is one of the biggest and most resonable people inside this forum as a quick read over the history will testify. If you don't like some of Houllier's buys fine but don't slag other people off for their opinions. Oh and as for Le Tallec and Sinama- Pongolle(the other French guy from Le Havre) if you seen any of pre-season so far you should know that thes guys are special.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:23 pm

"DAV" ARE YOU SAYING THAT SUPERSUB IS NOT A TRUE LIVERPOOL FAN OR ARE YOU JUST AIRING YOUR VEIW IN GENERAL??
I WOULD CHOOSE YOUR ANSWER VERY CAREFULLY IF I WERE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:16 pm

Dav if you read through my posts you will see I'm a critic of GH's style of play,this doesn't mean I have to be critical of everything he has done for the club or every player he has bought.I value all opinions about Liverpool fc,wether I agree or not,that's what debate is all about.I am certainly not a red-blinkered supporter,far from it,but I am a Liverpool die-hard.My opinions on players are exactly that,my opinions.If players don't perform I will make an opinion and it certainly won't be aimed at the usual scapegoats;i.e.Biscan,Cheyrou,Diao,Smicer.Two of last seasons under achievers with big reputations were Steven Gerrard and Sami Hyypia but they seem to escape criticism because it only needs one cock-up by a scapegoat to deflect any poor performance by a so called big name.Of course Heskey came in for the most flak,yet Owen was poor on many occassion and nobody says diddly.
         It's funny if you look at posts I've written Dav,you will see we are shooting from the same gun,aimed at Mr Houllier but I'm slightly more suttle than you.
       Here's to a new season;I'll be their sunday cheering for the reds.If things turn ugly I'll be critical,you watch me.

p.s. cheers lads for your support.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:18 pm

i must admit i dont agree with ss about the players mentioned.
diouff tries hard but the fact that he has been shoved out wide when his natural position was supposed to be leading the line tells me that even houllier admits that he hasn`t got what it takes to become a 25 goals a season man.he hasnt got the pace to become a top class wide man either.cheyrou can play a bit but hasnt got the heart for it.
he`s alright poncing around in pre season friendly`s but as soon as the likes of robbie savage and david unsworth come looking for him he`ll go missing like lord lucan.he wakes up in cold sweats over the thought of a fifty fifty challenge.
diao could possibly make it but i just cant see a central midfield partnership of gerrard and diao guiding us to the title.
in the recent amsterdam tournament michael owen played nearly three hours of football and never got a decent chance created for him by his team mates.
we are a lazy side, the rest of the team stood and watched as the young french lad pongolle sprinted back and forth (a`la ian rush) across the back line trying to win back possession. no one closed down the outlet ball.
if one of our players is not near the ball they switch off instead of either looking for space or closing down opposition players and putting pressure on the man in possession by cutting down his options even if he is on the opposite side of the pitch.this is not rocket science, i cant believe the coaching staff at anfield sometimes, i really cant.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:21 pm

dav I can see were you mis interpreted what I said;when I meant Diouff,Diao and Cheyrou will come through,I meant they will show improvement and become better players not come through the midfield.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:38 pm

its cold in...the players I mentioned are the ones who take most of the blame for our dismal performances,yet the household names 'the stars' get away with murder.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DAV » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:46 pm

Yes i am new to this forum seems we are both making the same point, like you say im not very suttle. I guess time will tell with a new season about to start.
To show im not all doom and gloom.
Hypia,Riise,hamann (one of our most under-rated players) Hencoz,kirkland,dudek,litmanen (he should have been given more of a chance),baros,kewell, have all been excellent signings.
And those to new french blokes look class two.
Didn't mean to offend anyone.
sorry about that but i had just been to the valencia game and was in a bad mood.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Oldham_Villa » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:11 pm

As a Villa fan, and a guest on your board, may I just pass on good wishes for the season. I've a funny feeling for your team this year for some reason (Champions!) I'd play Kewell on the left though !!

I initially logged onto this website to see if people thought Heskey would play a large part this season. I'm compiling my SUN fantasy football you see. He COULD be a bargain at £3.5M.

@Dav = Hope you didn't pass English at GCSE level. Your spelling is shocking ! Get your dictionary out next time ;)

All the best,

Nick

Up the Villa !
Oldham_Villa

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:59 pm

Gerrard houllier has a great amount of faith in Heskey ,so I'm sure he will play a major part in our campaign towards champions league qualification.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DAV » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:01 pm

i passed sod all at school. i now work for freeserve. what does that say.
as for heskey a bargain
i'll try try to be suttle
DONT BOTHER
check his history and scoring record.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion