Our manager and his tactics - Our manager and his tactics

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:48 pm

like all scousers i have the irish to thank for changing our accent from the lancastrian one spoken by the mancs to the distinct one we have today. every time i open my mouth to speak those listening hear a echo from the 1850`s.
the influx of irish from the spud famine doubled the population of this fair city and changed its culture to such a extent that the local dialect adopted a irish brogue. not even boston or new york can claim that.
historically in some ways the way the social fabric of this city
mirrored that of belfast and glasgow maybe makes us  more of a celt city than a english one.
but i hope to heaven that the 4kin long ball merchant that is martin o`neill never darkens the door of this great club. one long ball merchant of a manager in 100 years is quite enough thank you very much!!!!even if he is irish!!!!
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby Thirteen years to Long! » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:51 pm

How many long balls did we make against Chelsea? 4kin to many! While Chelsea played some nice intricut passing.
Thirteen years to Long!

Postby big al » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:19 am

Lads glad to see you sort out your misunderstanding.  I am also new to this forum and am for the most part an armchair critic I live in Belfast and so don't get over to as many games as I would like to.  Does that make my opinions any less valuable?  I therefore have to fork out a small fortune on airfare each year.  It generally costs me a dam sight more money than you lucky so and so's. Anyway  the truth is that as long as our team under preforms we are all going to be unhappy. We blame Houllier or individual palyers (anyone who's read my posts knows I don't think much of Biscan) but the maybe something more symptomatic about the club.  I'm not sure but I do think other clubs have suffered the same problems.  Real Madrid were for over a decade languishing behind Bacelona but where are they now.  So Lets hope we sort the deeper problems out soon.  Liverpool is not as rich as it once was and the city itself needs a greater injection of money. I have friends in liverpool who grew up on the KOP but can't afford to go every game.  I feel sometimes guilty when I go to Anfield a blow in from Belfast when those born and bred fans can't.  I'll be watching the villa game this week on pay for-veiw and will be very interested to hear all your veiws on Moday best wishes big al.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:54 am

True other clubs have gone through this. It always seems to be fresh blood and a new manager their turns things around.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion