You are a disgrace - Ref standards need to improve!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm

That tackle on Riera towards the end of the game tonight was fecking x-rated as well. How the little fella who needs a haircut stayed on I'm fecked if I know.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm

eds wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hmmm, it is kind of to do with Rafa though Eds, in that he's our manager dontcha think? I think perhaps we'd better just lob it into the "All the Rafa sh!t" to be on the safe side, don't you  ???  :D

Fair point mick.

:D  :D  :D

To be honest - these posts say the same, and should therefore be merged.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Sabre wrote:Merging rules is pointless because in countries like Spain rules are set and ignored. In England if a ref does badly he's relegated soon enough to a lower division. In Spain some refs can devastate teams for lots of years.

I remember some years ago when the criteria "In case of doubt, do not raise the off side flag" was stablished, the criteria was applied only partly, when Real Madrid was attacking. OTher than that the criteria was ignored.

I remember aswell the 5 second rule that ordered that the Keeper had to kick the ball before five seconds. IT was only applied once in Spanish football, when Real Sociedad was challenging for the title with Real Madrid. Since that they, we sing in our local stadium ONE, TWO, THREE, etc, slowly, we usually reach to EIGHT or NINE, but no luck.

The rules are ok, but the refs have to be decent, like in your country. Otherwise it's pointless.

We could set a decent bunch of rules, I like the english ones except for the fact that I've seen knees destroyed for 6 months with the butchers remaining in the pitch (I can think of Essien for instance or other players). But besides the rules, we'd need to remove corruption, corporativism, and :censored:wittery at least from Spanish and Italians refs.

Thats true. Recently the italian refs have been in trouble because of corruption but it doesnt end there. The Milan and Marseille final springs to mind with Bernard Tapie bribing the ref. I cant remember who the ref was at that time.

What I notice about our refs especially is the benefit Man United gain from them. For years this has happened. The extra time against Sheff Wed (or United cant remember exactly which team) that was given to them in order for them to get the goals they needed to secure the title. The decision they got in a FA Cup semi final against Man City in which they got a penalty for .... well god knows what?? The decision by the FA to let Man Utd drop out of the FA Cup altogether because of the World Club Championships, this and many many other decisions during matches over the years get me feeling without a doubt something dodgy is definately going on here.

Like rafa pointed out in his so called "rant", he knows as much as we all do but nothing will ever be done about it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Looks like I'm alone in thinking the ref did ok tonight.

The one big decision he got wrong imo was booking Mascherano for a brilliant tackle.  Gago could have already had a yellow before his lunge on Riera, which should have been his second yellow and a red.

Apart from that he was ok.  We got a fair amount of decisions our way despite the pressure from the home fans.  Skrtel's elbow on Raul (which nearly took his nose off) was accidental, but it was clumsy and inside the box and an overly fussy ref might have pointed to the spot.  Ramos and Robben both took a few dives and the ref was happy to play on.  I thought the game flowed reasonably well and was enjoyable to watch.  We've had a lot worse refs in Europe than that one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:56 pm

This is a photo related to this thread.

In the photo we can see an Israeli, a Dutch, and a Spaniard.

The Israeli enters in a happy madness.

The Dutch starts to run to celebrate

The Spaniard looks for the linesman as you always have to check that whenever you score at the Bernabeu.

Subsconscious working there :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbilly1960 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Think the ref was spot on when he blow at half time if you watch it again no Liverpool player was in a rush to take the corner and there had been no indication of any added time as i remember. How many times do you see teams waste time even when they are in an attacking area such as a corner. I am sure if Liverpool had made some effort to take the corner it would have been allowed to be taken.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 am

The individual FA's need to be held accountable to UEFA.

THEY need to get their houses in order, UEFA cant do it singlehanded.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 am

That ref...if i'm not mistaken , that's the exact same ref when we play against Chelshit in CL semi last year (2nd leg)....
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:28 am

Sabre wrote:Image

The Spaniard looks for the linesman as you always have to check that whenever you score at the Bernabeu.

:laugh:  :laugh:
SupitsJonF

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:45 am

Sabre wrote:Image

:laugh:

Like John, I thought he did alright as a whole.  There were a few heart in mouth moments when one of them flopped but he waved play on in proper fashion.  His only howlers, IMO, had to do with that ponce, Gago.  How many rolls did he complete after Masch legitimately won the ball?  And, the GBH on Riera was bad enough but he blew when we had possession and a tasty advantage could have been played. :no On the other hand, he liked Kuyt's sack of potatoes act when Heinze grappled with him and that led to the match winner so hey ho... :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:50 am

Bad Bob wrote:On the other hand, he liked Kuyt's sack of potatoes act when Heinze grappled with him and that led to the match winner so hey ho... :D

Dirk has perfected the old "sack of potatoes" over the years, not just when he's falling over either  :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 am

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think it's high time FIFA organiused a moritorium and agreed on the rules, and I mean that seriously. Things which are a foul in Europe, aren't in England and you see it time and time again every time you watch a match. Now given that the whole of the World plays football one way, and we in Britain are totally unique in playing it our way, the solution is an obvious one but it won't be easy. It's obviously going to take while for the whole of the rest of the World to change :D but it really must be done surely.

:laugh:  Fog in channel ....... Europe isolated  :D

I don't think the rules are different, it's how refs interpret and apply them.

Good example is with yellow cards and yellow card offences, just a few differences between refs in applying the same rules :-

- it's a derby, one ref stamps his authority and penalises fouls with an early yellow or two, another lets bad fouls go unpunished.

- why is it ok to have the same foul see yellow in one game, but go unpunished because "it's a derby" ? In the FA Cup replay the ref let the bitters foul away first half, then Lucas got caught in a change of mentality second half for a foul that wasn't a foul, and got sent off.

- one ref gives yellow cards for ALL yellow card offences, if that means two yellows and a red then that's how it has to be. Another ref gives a yellow card for a yellow card offence, but lets the same player off for a second bookable offence because he knows he's on a yellow card.

- one ref will book a player for diving, another will just tell them to get up and a third will give a penalty/free-kick for the same 'offence' ! Nothing to do with rules differing, just the refs being different in the way they see things and apply the laws.

I could go on, the fact is that refs apply laws how it pleases them. The problem is players who get lenient refs could avoid suspensions whereas players who get stricter refs may foul no more or less than other players, but get suspended.

Here's the one annoys me from last weekend :-

Ronaldo dived against Rovers, got booked. Pedersen goes down in the box, isn't booked or given a penalty. Ronaldo later kicks out at an opponent while he (Ronaldo) is on the floor. The ref neither gives him a second yellow nor a straight red and Ronaldo then scores the winner. Not annoyed just because it got the mancs three points, but because the ref was inconsistent within himself and with the laws. That is a prime example of how reffing can influence games, and Ronaldo would have got a suspension so the mancs won in every sense.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:47 am

Reforee can make or break some game.. I think the refs is the Man Utd locker room sausage grill bucket!!!!!
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion