Who would you go for to improve the side...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:19 pm

StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 pm wrote:You can't beat a bottle of Becks straight out the fridge on a friday afternoon!! :D

Going back to the start of the season... and pre-summer signings...

Adam Lallana from Southampton would be first on my list. The lads class, got pace, skill, technique and a brain in abundance. Likes his one two's and link up play and can take a set piece aswell. I reckon you'd get him for around £10m - £15m. I would play him behind Suarez, infront of Gerrard and Lucas and leave Coutinho out on the left.

I also think he'd be an able replacement for Gerrard in the coming years.

Secondly I think Ashton and Bullar.... oh wait no... that was 6 years ago :D

I would have liked us to at least attempt to sign Collicini from Newcaste as I think the lad is a very good centre half. Again I would expect around the £10m mark.

I think Sessegnon from Sunderland (now W.B.A.) for £6m would have also been an excellent signing. He has a good touch, skill and strength, is quick and I think he'd step up a level playing with better players.

And Richards (maybe slightly unrealistic) to play right back. I think his arial power and aggression are attributes the side lacks. Again I think the promise of first team football would be enough to entice him.

Begovic instead of Mignolet (i think would have been possible for a similar price).

Out the door to fund it:

Johnson - £5m
Skrtel - £4m
Spearing - £2m
Allen - £3m

Leaving us with something along the lines of...

Begovic

Richards
Collicini
Agger
Enrique

Gerrard
Lucas
Lallana

Suarez
Sessignon
Coutinho

Bench:

Jones
Kelly
Henderson
Sturridge

one or two others.

To me that team wouldn't be far away at all. Maybe the odd adjustment over the coming years but I believe it would certainly have had enough to get us into the top four.

Sessignon, Collocini....

Oh my days  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The really funny thing is he probably is being serious

What a bellend. :laugh:

Welcome back stu. ;)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm

StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 pm wrote:You can't beat a bottle of Becks straight out the fridge on a friday afternoon!! :D

Adam Lallana from Southampton would be first on my list. The lads class, got pace, skill, technique and a brain in abundance. Likes his one two's and link up play and can take a set piece aswell. I reckon you'd get him for around £10m - £15m. I would play him behind Suarez, infront of Gerrard and Lucas and leave Coutinho out on the left.

I would have liked us to at least attempt to sign Collicini from Newcaste as I think the lad is a very good centre half. Again I would expect around the £10m mark.

I think Sessegnon from Sunderland (now W.B.A.) for £6m would have also been an excellent signing. He has a good touch, skill and strength, is quick and I think he'd step up a level playing with better players.

And Richards (maybe slightly unrealistic) to play right back. I think his arial power and aggression are attributes the side lacks. Again I think the promise of first team football would be enough to entice him.

Begovic instead of Mignolet (i think would have been possible for a similar price).

Out the door to fund it:

Johnson - £5m
Skrtel - £4m
Spearing - £2m
Allen - £3m

Begovic

Richards
Collicini
Agger
Enrique

Gerrard
Lucas
Lallana

Suarez
Sessignon
Coutinho

Bench:

Jones
Kelly
Henderson
Sturridge

one or two others.

To me that team wouldn't be far away at all. Maybe the odd adjustment over the coming years but I believe it would certainly have had enough to get us into the top four.

Sessignon is a good shout, i think hes a really good player, certainly better than Victor Moses, cant believe someone better than WBA didnt sign him
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 pm

StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 pm wrote:

Out the door to fund it:

Johnson - £5m
Skrtel - £4m
Spearing - £2m
Allen - £3m

Begovic

Richards
Collicini
Agger
Enrique

Gerrard
Lucas
Lallana

Suarez
Sessignon
Coutinho

Bench:

Jones
Kelly
Henderson
Sturridge

one or two others.

Sessignon, Collocini....

Oh my days  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The really funny thing is he probably is being serious

Sorry lad yeah... I forgot, those players don't play for Liverpool or a top four side... How could they possibley be good players? I mean f*ck me... seriously... how is it possible that anyone that doesn't play for a top four side or Liverpool actually be able to even kick a ball... :laugh:

What a bellend. :laugh:
nothing to do with that mate.

Everything to do with their level of quality. They're average and there's a reason they've not been subject to any transfer interest.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Lallana is a very good shout - looks a very good player

Redmond at Norwich is another.
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm

nothing to do with that mate.

Everything to do with their level of quality. They're average and there's a reason they've not been subject to any transfer interest.

Come off it lad, I've been reading this site for years and posting for a couple, we both know if someone doesn't play for a top four side or Liverpool you can't see past them being average, mainly because you don't watch them and also because you think that its impossible for a side in the bottom half of the league to have a good player.

Quite frankly, i find it amusing you're sitting there calling Sessignon average, who was viewed be most Sunderland fans (and season ticket holders) as there best player and you're happy we have the likes of Moses, Henderson and Allen running around in the shirt. Henderson being a good example as I remember season ticket holders laughing at the amount we paid for him.

By the way, I refere to season ticket holders of teams when talking about there best players as this generally does seem to be the case, that people who watch these players play are usually best placed to see how good a player they are.

Another one, Collicini, is clearly a player you haven't watched. He's an Argentinian international who knows how to defend. Not only that, he can play aswell. If you honestly think he's worse than Toure, Agger or Skrtel then I'd suggest you change to a sport you understand a bit more than football. :D

At no point do I say Sessignon is a world class player, simply a very good one that would, for £6m have added pace, skill, link up play and a directness to our play that we currently lack and been a massive improvement on the players that are already there.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Glen Johnson is an England international and he can defend. Admittedly he is not a glorified thug !!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-23 ... e-thug.htm     And just tap the first link !! You really honestly want that at Liverpool

Collicini. To be honest I despair.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:Lallana is a very good shout - looks a very good player

Again, you mention players we never heard of. :)
I dont think we should be filling our squad with no hopers, we already have plenty! :)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:27 pm

devaney » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:Glen Johnson is an England international and he can defend. Admittedly he is not a glorified thug !!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-23 ... e-thug.htm     And just tap the first link !! You really honestly want that at Liverpool

Collicini. To be honest I despair.

No worse than biting a player.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:Lallana is a very good shout - looks a very good player

Again, you mention players we never heard of. :)
I dont think we should be filling our squad with no hopers, we already have plenty! :)

How do you know they are no hopers if you have never heard of them ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm

if they are hot stuff, how.come no big clubs have come in for them?
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm wrote:if they are hot stuff, how.come no big clubs have come in for them?

Is that really how you judge players ? By which clubs go for them ?

Try watching them and then judge them.
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm wrote:if they are hot stuff, how.come no big clubs have come in for them?

Is that really how you judge players ? By which clubs go for them ?

Well it does give you an indicator. :)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Gives no indicator at all - can only judge players on their ability whilst watching them play. You certainly can't call someone a no hoper at the age of 19 just because someone hasn't bid for him !
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:Gives no indicator at all - can only judge players on their ability whilst watching them play. You certainly can't call someone a no hoper at the age of 19 just because someone hasn't bid for him !

Yeah. It's not the team they play for, it's how good they look in YouTube. If they're good on there, sign 'em, I say.!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 am

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:Gives no indicator at all - can only judge players on their ability whilst watching them play. You certainly can't call someone a no hoper at the age of 19 just because someone hasn't bid for him !

Unless that player is Aspas  :;):
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion