You are a disgrace - Ref standards need to improve!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Great result but very poor ref tonight.

What kind of mind altering drug induced state was he in to:

* Give yellow after yellow to players who have won the ball in a challange, just because the real madrid fairies are trying to milk a very late oscar nomination for their play acting??? :no 

* Blow the whistle before the 45th minute in the first half?   ???

* Not send off that monkey Gago for his ridiculously late tackle which could have ended Aurelio's season!  ???

* Give Aurelio a farkin yellow when it was clear as daylight that IT WAS NOT A DELIBRATE HANDBALL!

Don't you ever come near a Liverpool ever again you disgraceful ar.seclown.

Knowing UEFA they wont do s.hit about this muppet paradeing around prentending to be a ref!   :veryangry
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Woof - merge this with the Match thread :;):
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 pm

I have seen so many howlers from refs this season, not so much in Europe until tonight but mainly in the league. Anyway we need to get video footage in so these clowns don't have to shoulder so much pressure.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:15 pm

If you found that a disgrace, you really don't want to get a soft spot for a Spanish team and suffer Spanish refs.

English Refs might be wrong sometimes, but they're the best of the continent by a mile. Season after season.

Not surprised you don't understand many things when watching a continental ref.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Didn't realise it was that bad in Spain.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:19 pm

I think it's high time FIFA organiused a moritorium and agreed on the rules, and I mean that seriously. Things which are a foul in Europe, aren't in England and you see it time and time again every time you watch a match. Now given that the whole of the World plays football one way, and we in Britain are totally unique in playing it our way, the solution is an obvious one but it won't be easy. It's obviously going to take while for the whole of the rest of the World to change :D but it really must be done surely.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 pm

A "merging" of rules Mick?
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 pm

The one thing all refs need, and is sorely lacking across the board is good ole common sense. Start from there and your on to a winner.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 pm

bigmick wrote:I think it's high time FIFA organiused a moritorium and agreed on the rules, and I mean that seriously. Things which are a foul in Europe, aren't in England and you see it time and time again every time you watch a match. Now given that the whole of the World plays football one way, and we in Britain are totally unique in playing it our way, the solution is an obvious one but it won't be easy. It's obviously going to take while for the whole of the rest of the World to change :D but it really must be done surely.

:laugh:  Fog in channel ....... Europe isolated  :D
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Effes wrote:A "merging" of rules Mick?

:D Well kind of yes. They could have a vote on it, but then merge the results of the vote in with the minutes of the meeting so that nobody knows who won. Then, everyone could just go back and carry on where they left off. As I understand it, that's kind of how FIFA works anyway.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 pm

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:A "merging" of rules Mick?

:D Well kind of yes. They could have a vote on it, but then merge the results of the vote in with the minutes of the meeting so that nobody knows who won. Then, everyone could just go back and carry on where they left off. As I understand it, that's kind of how FIFA works anyway.

:laugh:
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Sabre wrote:If you found that a disgrace, you really don't want to get a soft spot for a Spanish team and suffer Spanish refs.

English Refs might be wrong sometimes, but they're the best of the continent by a mile. Season after season.

Not surprised you don't understand many things when watching a continental ref.

I'm of chilean descent and I know all about the way latinos (including La Liga) play football.

The run and dive in front of the referee tactic is a disgrace and if FIFA and UEFA had any real ba.lls they would have stamped out this non-sense a long time ago.

The only reason why i posted this as a seperate topic outside the match thread is that I thought the ref stanadard was so bad tonight, it deserved its own thread!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 pm

eds wrote:The only reason why i posted this as a seperate topic outside the match thread is that I thought the ref stanadard was so bad tonight, it deserved its own thread!

Hmmm, it is kind of to do with Rafa though Eds, in that he's our manager dontcha think? I think perhaps we'd better just lob it into the "All the Rafa sh!t" section to be on the safe side, don't you  ???  :D
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Merging rules is pointless because in countries like Spain rules are set and ignored. In England if a ref does badly he's relegated soon enough to a lower division. In Spain some refs can devastate teams for lots of years.

I remember some years ago when the criteria "In case of doubt, do not raise the off side flag" was stablished, the criteria was applied only partly, when Real Madrid was attacking. OTher than that the criteria was ignored.

I remember aswell the 5 second rule that ordered that the Keeper had to kick the ball before five seconds. IT was only applied once in Spanish football, when Real Sociedad was challenging for the title with Real Madrid. Since that they, we sing in our local stadium ONE, TWO, THREE, etc, slowly, we usually reach to EIGHT or NINE, but no luck.

The rules are ok, but the refs have to be decent, like in your country. Otherwise it's pointless.

We could set a decent bunch of rules, I like the english ones except for the fact that I've seen knees destroyed for 6 months with the butchers remaining in the pitch (I can think of Essien for instance or other players). But besides the rules, we'd need to remove corruption, corporativism, and :censored:wittery at least from Spanish and Italians refs.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 pm

bigmick wrote:Hmmm, it is kind of to do with Rafa though Eds, in that he's our manager dontcha think? I think perhaps we'd better just lob it into the "All the Rafa sh!t" to be on the safe side, don't you  ???  :D

Fair point mick.

:D  :D  :D

eds

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion