Who would you go for to improve the side...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Pick any realistic targets (IE not Messi, or Ronaldo because that is never going to happen or players from Uniteds, Arsenals, Citys first teams etc).

Give us a rough price of what you think they would cost, maybe thirty to forty million budget, you can "sell players" to raise extra funds.

Who would you have, were would you improve, who would you bring in?

Who would be your starting XI and what would your squad look like?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Ben Arfa. Newcastle. 15m. Attacking Midfielder.

Cisse Newcastle 15m. Decent striker.

Fellaini Everton. 20m he's a handfull.

Nick Powell. Man Utd. 10m Striker. (can't get in Utd squad since moving, but was hot stuff at Crewe)

Van der Vaart. Attacking midfielder. Spurs. 20m.

Falcao. 40m striker. (well we can dream :))

Total 120m ish , But will deffo make us a stronger unit. And all realistic for us. ( barr maybe Falcao).

Something along those lines is what we need. The Yanks need to get their cheque book out and start spending big.

Sell Lucas, joe allen, borini, aspas, Ibe. All for 20m, As all useless.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 pm

How many pints of foaming ale did you have before you typed that, eh?

(Psssssst : Fellaini joined the army of Mordor a few days ago!)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 pm wrote:Ben Arfa. Newcastle. 15m. Attacking Midfielder.

Nick Powell. Man Utd. 10m Striker. (can't get in Utd squad since moving, but was hot stuff at Crewe)

Total 120m ish , But will deffo make us a stronger unit. And all realistic for us. ( barr maybe Falcao).

Something along those lines is what we need. The Yanks need to get their cheque book out and start spending big.

lay of the crack mate, your even worse than the last time you was here
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 pm wrote:Ben Arfa. Newcastle. 15m. Attacking Midfielder.

Wow - I'm not sure where to start !
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 pm wrote:Pick any realistic targets (IE not Messi, or Ronaldo because that is never going to happen or players from Uniteds, Arsenals, Citys first teams etc).

Give us a rough price of what you think they would cost, maybe thirty to forty million budget, you can "sell players" to raise extra funds.

Id get Lassana Diarra, Anzi are getting rid of everyone so we could probably get him for 15mil, good all-rounder, can tackle and is a good passer of the ball, would add some much need athleticism in central midfield. I also go for Shaqiri from bayern for lets say £15-20mil, he cant get a game there and hes also a quality player with bags of skill and can score a goal, he'd take the Moses/Aspas role.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:26 am

I think you got the two spot on there in terms of players that we could get

I really think we missed a big trick by not signing Wanyama
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:37 am

Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 pm wrote:Pick any realistic targets (IE not Messi, or Ronaldo because that is never going to happen or players from Uniteds, Arsenals, Citys first teams etc).

Id get Lassana Diarra, Anzi are getting rid of everyone so we could probably get him for 15mil, good all-rounder, can tackle and is a good passer of the ball, would add some much need athleticism in central midfield. I also go for Shaqiri from bayern for lets say £15-20mil, he cant get a game there and hes also a quality player with bags of skill and can score a goal, he'd take the Moses/Aspas role.

:) and your telling ME to lay off the crack!
Priceless :) :) :)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 am

Hustler 2 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:37 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 pm wrote:

:) and your telling ME to lay off the crack!
Priceless :) :) :)

You do realise that Van Der Vart isn't at Spurs anymore?

Hence why everyone thinks you're on crack sunshine?  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:56 am

And Fellani is at the Mancs and Falcao just got transferred for £55mil
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:20 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:56 am wrote:And Fellani is at the Mancs and Falcao just got transferred for £55mil

And you come up with what names smartar*e?? Erm none.
You normally mention players that no ones ever heard of :)

I was just being constructive. Instead of mocking my posts, why dont you come up with some names yourself. Mr. Clueless. ;)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 am

I think Ben Arfa and Shaquri are both good shouts, and I agree with Benny on Wanyama. I think in a year or two, chelsea or city will pay 25-30 for him.

Players like Ivan Rakitic, Arda Turan, Lars Bender, and Maxi Pereira would all be great signings we could potentially get. Germany seems like the place to look right now, especially for some younger German players.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 am

Hustler 2 » Sep 5th, '13, 21:28 wrote:Ben Arfa. Newcastle. 15m. Attacking Midfielder.

:D  :D  :D  Oi, Hustler (or is it Cheesecakery ???), it's the Comedy Club for you...........

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:49 am

ethanr » Sep 6th, '13, 06:21 wrote:I think Ben Arfa and Shaquri are both good shouts, and I agree with Benny on Wanyama. I think in a year or two, chelsea or city will pay 25-30 for him.

Players like Ivan Rakitic, Arda Turan, Lars Bender, and Maxi Pereira would all be great signings we could potentially get. Germany seems like the place to look right now, especially for some younger German players.

Definitely Ben Arfa and Shaquri, though I'm sure for the latter, RM or Barca went for him during the transfer window that's just closed?
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:51 am

Wouldn't go near Ben Arfa - bigger sicknote than Kewell
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion