Standards of refereeing - Handballs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:49 am

I thought terrys was a shocker bacause it was both hands and cech looked impressed

Handball of the day goes th zak knight for his volley smash to get the ball out of play

but milans keepy ups was funny as well .. 4-0 today with a funny handball would do me :D :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:54 am

It is not worth a thread but name your favorite hand ball every ?

Gray nevill agaist us when murph curled in the free kick to rub it in to his sour manc face i used to watch that in the morning to cheer me up for the rest of the day :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:55 am

EVER!!!!!!!!!! pigs tits for fingers
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:57 am

Maradona v England World Cup 1986
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:49 pm

God, some of you have got short memories...

I still think Henchoz's the best keeper we've had since Grobbelaar. :D

ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:27 pm

:laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:31 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:God, some of you have got short memories...

I still think Henchoz's the best keeper we've had since Grobbelaar. :D

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:20 pm

Sabre wrote:
if u ask me its been happening for years. a little bit of the joy of football is the referreeing decisions and how we all complain. its always gonna happen, unless we turn to tie outs and each game lasting hours.

While I agree this as an ideal world, more than 2 decades of robbery against my team has made me think something must be done.

With all due respect to Liverpool's sport achievement each of which I celebrate, Liverpool is respected by the refs. I mean that when you are a supporter of a smaller club, feelings like the ones we got in the game against Sao Paulo happens every 3 weeks.

And you are l :censored:y because brit refs have good reputation, but the rest of europe is a joke. Simply, a ref of Spain has more troubles to concede a penalty when it's against Real Madrid. It's easier for them to send out a Cadiz player.

And the worse of it is that between refs they defend each other, they won't say that he was wrong.

IMHO, what they do can be considered a sport. They train, they run, they have fitness. IMHO, they should have a public ranking table in which they got points if they do well. And be relegated ig they are :censored:. This should be stated by a board of retired refs. Thus, I'm sure they'd try to do better. Right now  they have that aura of :censored:ouchable and unquestionable that I really don't understand.

I'd love to hear what's your opinion about refs and world refs.

I totally agree with you.
When teams in Spain and Italy play against Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus and Milan they are robbed when there the games are closed. What it is a penalty and a sending off on the weaker's team box; it is a diving and a yellow card for trying to cheat on the big team's box. Such is life and refereeing in Spain and Italy, which are the co :censored:ries I know best.
Erica

Postby Erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Oh, I forgot that I cannot write co u n t ries without being censored. Please moderators, you have to fix this little problem that we cannot write the letters
u n t together.
Erica

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:26 pm

i think only the admin can fix the banned words list. u n t need taking off!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Espionage » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:59 pm

I agree that the referee's error's are part of the game but i think that goals like Baros against Everton are just completely ridicolous.

No question there should be zero tolerance, the goal stands but should be an automatic 3 game ban if deemed necessary. Accidental hand-balls is one thing but using your hand intentionally in circumstances like that cannot go unpunished.
I cant understand why this kind of system has not been implemented a long time ago.......
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:04 am

Mike Riley was in a good position to call it a handball, he robbed the Nevertonians.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Espionage » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:13 am

A.B. wrote:Mike Riley was in a good position to call it a handball, he robbed the Nevertonians.

That is what i found strangest.... I thourght maybe his view was blocked but it was right under his nose. If the ref saw it, would it have been a 100% Red Card and the goal wouldnt have co :censored:ed? Definately.
3 MATCH BAN!!!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:50 pm

Espionage wrote:
A.B. wrote:Mike Riley was in a good position to call it a handball, he robbed the Nevertonians.

That is what i found strangest.... I thourght maybe his view was blocked but it was right under his nose. If the ref saw it, would it have been a 100% Red Card and the goal wouldnt have co :censored:ed? Definately.
3 MATCH BAN!!!!!!!!

It was disgraceful, I don't think I'd like the Evertonians relegated otherwise Merseyside derbies are left to FA Cups and League Cups which is no guarantee that they'll meet.

If they go down, I want it to be because of their poor play not because they got robbed, otherwise they'll blame us for that too.

How about Artetas handling the ball before Kewell even got to him, that was a bit rich.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:59 pm

has anything been said about Crouchs goal or is it defo his, surely something must have happened after all "he only scores dubious goals" Did martyn or Valente breathe on the ball before it went in.

And espinoage do you really think the ball hitting baros on the arm would have got him sent off and a 3 match ban, you having a F* :censored:ing laugh, should Morientes have been sent off as well then on Boxing day for handball??
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion