What do some fans want? - Double standards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:41 am

mistyred wrote:Dude you must stay logged in constant cos that is one hell of a screen name
if you ever logged off you would be in deep sh1t :D

:D
he wouldn't worry. he 's got insurance for that.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:06 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:i just saw this, do we need another defender in your guys opinion??

Newcastle linked with Mallorca freebie Muller
tribalfootball.com - January 8, 2005

Newcastle United are being linked with Real Mallorca defender Patrick Muller.

The Swiss international is set to negotiate a release from his contract at Mallorca this month after falling out-of-favour with coach Hector Cuper.

The former Lyon captain admitted: "I don't believe the coach trusts me. It would be best to find a solution with the club's leaders."

Its also understood Muller's wife has failed to adapt to Spanish life since their move last season.

well if he is free........... Whats his age ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Tut tut tut.

The Serial Plaguriser strikes again hey ?

The REAL writer of this article

You dissapoint me St Michael.

You let people praise your post, and do not have the town halls to admit you robbed it from elsewhere ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:25 pm

maybe st mick = Jezzman :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:maybe st mick = Jezzman :p

I doubt it, Jezzman is Danish.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:42 pm

well....lets wait for st mick's defence...... guilty until proven innocent eh...  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:20 pm

sorry chaps and chappesses, but i havent had time to read all the posts, but, i've noticed one point, that being that we hate people cos of their success. there's a lot of grey area surrounding this and i dont entirely agree with it.

1) St. MIke i cant believe it was you who wrote "Liverpool have always bought the league while i have been watching (or something similar to that) and that our hatred of Chelsea is just petty  jealousy." No Way Mike!!  come on man your posts are renound for being well thought out, this doesnt seem right.
how can you compare Chelsea's free-for-all in the transfer market, where they can bring in ANYONE IN THE WORLD, including managers, with a Liverpool team who, yes, have always bought players and strengthened the squad, but not been able to just buy anyone and had unlimited funds? Liverpool's league title wins have been built on solid foundations and years of hard work. In no way are chelsea comparable to this.

2) its not the case that teams are just hated for their success. its so obvious, you dont have to look far. You cant say we all hate Arsenal as much as we hate Chelsea. the reason? well, its obvious.

3) the hatred with Man U is not just about success wars. they are our nearest local rival. the cities have much rivalry, mostly about footy but the location of the 2 cities accounts for a lot.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:02 pm

The_Rock wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:i just saw this, do we need another defender in your guys opinion??

Newcastle linked with Mallorca freebie Muller
tribalfootball.com - January 8, 2005

Newcastle United are being linked with Real Mallorca defender Patrick Muller.

The Swiss international is set to negotiate a release from his contract at Mallorca this month after falling out-of-favour with coach Hector Cuper.

The former Lyon captain admitted: "I don't believe the coach trusts me. It would be best to find a solution with the club's leaders."

Its also understood Muller's wife has failed to adapt to Spanish life since their move last season.

well if he is free........... Whats his age ?

i will get back to you on that
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:33 pm

Did Mick write this or not?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:33 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Tut tut tut.

The Serial Plaguriser strikes again hey ?

The REAL writer of this article

You dissapoint me St Michael.

You let people praise your post, and do not have the town halls to admit you robbed it from elsewhere ?

:oh:
again
and again
Great post mate,when you look at it that way i have to agree totally

Good points all round.

As per usual Mikey baby, an excellent well presented and thought provoking post

Good post, and I see that you`ve got a point.

Very good points

Great post StMike
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:05 pm

When reading, I believe it was at teamtalk.com, that Liverpool refuses a clause allowing a £30M bid for Gerrard this summer, I think this is a result of Liverpool FC being about more than money.

I think that almost a 100% of the posts about Benitez here on this forum, indicates that we all admire him as a manager and that we pretty much agree in him being a man who will make Liverpool able to fight for the "important" titles and silverware again (PL and CL). If Gerrard was sold for, say £35M, this money would allow Benitez to sign 3,5 players of Alonso`s calibre (I know that it will be hard signing 1/2 a player, but I`m pretty sure you understand what I mean). Gerrard is, imo, one of the best midfielders in the world, and most certainly of huge importance to the team, but it has to be tempting for Rafa to sell him in order to strengthen all parts of the team with top class players. We could probably sign i.e. Scott Parker, Damien Duff, Morientes and Anelka and still have a fair amount to spend for that £35M.

This would imo be doing it "the Chelsea way". I know that there are no players bigger than the club, but Liverpool still have players that would be hard to replace, unless they are replaced through the work of the Academy.

To sum this up: I think Gerrard could be replaced, when it comes to his performances on the pitch, for £35M, but considering his status as a local lad, being a part of the soul of Liverpool FC, he can`t be replaced for any sum (same goes for Carra of course). Jesus, we were gutted when Murphy left, and he wasn`t even scouse.. I wonder how many Chelsea-supporters who would be gutted to see one of their squad-players leave..

YNWA
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:23 pm

A.B. wrote:Did Mick write this or not?

It would appear not.........
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby reddippydick » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:20 pm

Perhaps his mam wrote it?
reddippydick

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:58 am

St Michael, I am sure you have read this, are you going to apologise for not coming clean over this (and countless other) articles ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:22 am

Has anyone seen the Turdinator ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion