Coaching standards - Not good enough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:37 pm

Great result but after watching the Man U game on Saturday, I can't believe how static the Liverpool players are off the ball. The coaching standards at Liverpool are absolutely dire. I know Arsenal are 'light years' away from us and blah blah blah blah, but when you compare the two styles of play it really is frightening to see how laboured and immobile we are.

This has got to be down to the coaching. There's a definite case for the current management to answer to - we seem to just completely ruin players and shatter their confidence. Are we boring our own players to death?

By the way, did anyone hear the Rick Parry interview on City before the match? When asked if GH would be manager of Liverpool next season, there was a long pause and he eventually said "I'm afraid I can't answer that" What do you reckon's going on there?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:47 pm

hopefully it means GH is going... that would be nice. If he does leave,a nd i hope he does and is not fired, then id be the first to wish him well. Nice bloke is old GH but its time for freshness
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:hopefully it means GH is going... that would be nice. If he does leave,a nd i hope he does and is not fired, then id be the first to wish him well. Nice bloke is old GH but its time for freshness

Well said  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:18 pm

Woollyback wrote:
dawson99 wrote:hopefully it means GH is going... that would be nice. If he does leave,a nd i hope he does and is not fired, then id be the first to wish him well. Nice bloke is old GH but its time for freshness

Well said  :)

yeah I don't mind if he goes back to teaching in one of our schools, just as long as he GOES !!!!
Maybe the board would privately ask for his resignation , which is then "sadly" accepted and he leaves with a degree of dignity. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bedlovedays » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:47 am

He does look rather,,,, apathetic, without zest,,,,is his attitude transfering to the players? ???
bedlovedays

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:58 am

I think when he was ill he must have slipped into a comma, er sorry, coma, and forgotten everything he ever knew about football.  :;):
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion