Forum layout and other parts of the forum

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm

I've just had my dinner and come back on thinking there would be more contributed to the Janurary signings thread, only to find out this has been moved to another part of the forum.

Now, I know from past experience that once threads are moved out of the main part of the forum then thats it, they tend to die a death.

Personally speaking I visit the other parts of the forum maybe once a month (here probably once daily and the main part 150 times a minute). Isn't there some way you can only use the other parts of the forum to just move threads to once they're dying a death.

I mean, that thread... ok it had a couple of rumours in it but it was more to do with the up coming window. It wasn't a "Welsh Wizard" style Rumour "Owen and Metzelder are signing fact!

I hate rumours myself and people stating them as fact. I hate it when people read the papers and they say "we're getting such and such" but to discuss who you would like and why and what you think they can bring for me is a decent thread starter.

Isn't there anyway you can only move things that:

A: Aren't relivant (like a blatent dog :censored: rumour), or,
B: Let them run their course first?

Just a suggestion, that thread will probably evaporate into nothingness where it is now.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Have they joined? no
Are they definately gonna join? No
Is it a rumour? Yes

That's why, unless you want umpteen others opening new threads every time a new January possibility occurs. Just means people have to go to a different thread to read about it, hardly a mass expedition is it? there are too many threads in the football part around this time of year about rumours
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:Have they joined? no
Are they definately gonna join? No
Is it a rumour? Yes

That's why, unless you want umpteen others opening new threads every time a new January possibility occurs. Just means people have to go to a different thread to read about it, hardly a mass expedition is it? there are too many threads in the football part around this time of year about rumours

You're completely missing the point. The thread was more about Janurary signings, who you would want to see, why, what would they bring etc.

Just because it included a rumour doesn't mean its a rumour thread. Its like saying that every threat that includes Dirk Kuyt is a Kuyt thread.

It was something that was interesting to discuss but its been moved to a part of the forum nobody uses.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Isn't there some way you can only use the other parts of the forum to just move threads to once they're dying a death.

Stu, it's our policy to keep all threads about transfers in the rumour mill unless the player(s) discussed are actually signed.  As for your suggestion, highlighted above, it already exists for all intents and purposes.  Active threads are to be found by clicking on the "New Posts" button, while threads that are slowly dying don't appear there.  So, if you keep clicking New Posts, you'll find the threads that people are actually discussing, regardless of what section of the forum the thread is in.  It's a beautiful system.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Isn't there some way you can only use the other parts of the forum to just move threads to once they're dying a death.

Stu, it's our policy to keep all threads about transfers in the rumour mill unless the player(s) discussed are actually signed.  As for your suggestion, highlighted above, it already exists for all intents and purposes.  Active threads are to be found by clicking on the "New Posts" button, while threads that are slowly dying don't appear there.  So, if you keep clicking New Posts, you'll find the threads that people are actually discussing, regardless of what section of the forum the thread is in.  It's a beautiful system.  :nod

Fair enough, but if i dont use it at 25, what chance does saint have at 104 of understanding it? :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:40 pm

I don't even understand the question nevermind the solution. :(

I just use the new post button most of the time as it refreshes your screen while showing who's just posted what.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:55 pm

s@int wrote:I don't even understand the question nevermind the solution. :(

I just use the new post button most of the time as it refreshes your screen while showing who's just posted what.

:D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Fo Dne wrote:It wasn't a "Welsh Wizard" style Rumour "Owen and Metzelder are signing fact!

stu is the new welsh wizard........... :laugh:

not a rumour ..fact :shifty
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:37 pm

what did you have for dinner, stu?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:42 pm

andy_g wrote:what did you have for dinner, stu?

stew?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 pm

I think the forum only really needs 4 sections;

Liverpool FC - General Discussion and Polls
Premiership - General Discussion and Polls
Football World Wide - General Discussion and Polls
General Chat Forum and Polls

Your always going to get some berks who start threads in LFC General Chat just for attention but it’s up to the mods then to decide whether it should be merged into other threads.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum