Judge wrote:Image

as we can see, kazza is clearly lying :D

Thanks Judge :D  I think i might have done a better job than that though :rasp
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:52 pm

tis true. You may have to have the dealer to fix it for you, otherwise the costs in the long run (ie: no warranty) could be excessive.

too much to risk i think
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm

Its not a dealer! Its a car breakers! They do the stuff dirt cheap and I have been quite lucky to get bodywork in the colour of the car. My other half is quite good at fixing it to. He does all the services it needs, but there is the odd time I do have to go the proper dealer. Shes a 1997 Passat so the parts are not that expensive........
Have you checked with any local breakers? You might get lucky and get a door the same colour etc...
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:01 pm

kazza 1 wrote:
Judge wrote:Image

as we can see, kazza is clearly lying :D

Thanks Judge :D  I think i might have done a better job than that though :rasp

if you had slowed down  :D   :wwww
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:09 pm

:D  :p
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:14 pm

he he :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:17 pm

€1200+ to get it fixed by the dealer, €700 to €800 to get it fixed by my dad's friend.

I checked the warranty and its not affected.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:19 pm

JBG wrote:€1200+ to get it fixed by the dealer, €700 to €800 to get it fixed by my dad's friend.

you must have only the mechanical one which gets affected if someone other than the dealer doesnt fix it??

its simple maths then jbg  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1136150807 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 pm

Sounds a lot of money, just for a door!
I knew the dealer would be scandolously expensive, best bet is getting a scrappy door (70-150GBP max.) and should only cost £70-£90 to spray the door. Spraying a door is easy work, and you should have the car back the same day, as long as it is started in the morning. Only other factor that may not lead to same day pick-up would be rain/snow etc;
72-1136150807

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Judge wrote:
JBG wrote:€1200+ to get it fixed by the dealer, €700 to €800 to get it fixed by my dad's friend.

you must have only the mechanical one which gets affected if someone other than the dealer doesnt fix it??

Only mechanical parts, not bodywork are affected under the warranty, I think.

The door is €435 (new) for both guys. The dealer's quote for labour is €750 while the other guys is only €250.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:06 pm

JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:

The door is €435 (new) for both guys. The dealer's quote for labour is €750 while the other guys is only €250.

Just proves that going to the big boys is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Just had my car (FORD FOCUS)  serviced at a ford dealership and although the service wasn't too expensive they came back with a list of 'RECOMMENDATIONS' which included changing the anti-freeze - cost £18 + vat. They seem to think that 'cos they are connected to the manufacturers their labour is gonna be better than any other mechanics which to me is bullshit, in the past I used an independant guy who was working out of a little garage under a bridge off a main road and if i had a problem and took it to him he'd have a look and if there wasn't actually anything needed doing he still wouldn't charge me anything eventhough he'd spent a good amount of time checking the car over whereas last week i asked ford to see if they could repair the boot release button on my dashboard that had packed up and do it under the warranty and guess what; 'We will probably do the work under the warranty but we can't do it 'til we've found out what the problem is so it'll need a diagnostic' - cost fecking £30 quid just to come to the conclusion it ain't workin', needless to say i told 'em to shove it and i'll just use the button on me key fob.

ROBBIN' SWINES THE BIG GARAGES, I'LL ONLY USE 'EM WHEN I'VE GOT A WARRANTY ON THE CAR!!!

RIGHT THAT'S ME GETTING OFF MY SOAPBOX  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:40 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:

Just proves that going to the big boys is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Just had my car (FORD FOCUS)  serviced at a ford dealership and although the service wasn't too expensive they came back with a list of 'RECOMMENDATIONS' which included changing the anti-freeze - cost £18 + vat. They seem to think that 'cos they are connected to the manufacturers their labour is gonna be better than any other mechanics which to me is bullshit, in the past I used an independant guy who was working out of a little garage under a bridge off a main road and if i had a problem and took it to him he'd have a look and if there wasn't actually anything needed doing he still wouldn't charge me anything eventhough he'd spent a good amount of time checking the car over whereas last week i asked ford to see if they could repair the boot release button on my dashboard that had packed up and do it under the warranty and guess what; 'We will probably do the work under the warranty but we can't do it 'til we've found out what the problem is so it'll need a diagnostic' - cost fecking £30 quid just to come to the conclusion it ain't workin', needless to say i told 'em to shove it and i'll just use the button on me key fob.

ROBBIN' SWINES THE BIG GARAGES, I'LL ONLY USE 'EM WHEN I'VE GOT A WARRANTY ON THE CAR!!!

Its a known fact that in the 1980s a lot of European brand cars were actually sold below cost and the garages and manufacturers made their profits from expensive repairs and servicing.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:03 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:

You'll probably have tried this, but if not I can virtually guarentee that this is the problem with your tailgate release:

Check the terminals in the boot and give them a clean. Once the main grime is off, scratch them lightly with a knife or screwdriver until the copper is shiney.

That solves almost all problems with tailgate releases in Fords.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:54 am

JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:

your dads mate wants that much for doing you a favour.

i would have thought 50 quid would be ok as a gesture. I mean most doors are slung on two pegs, with the electrics plugged in through some kind of door scart etc
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:10 am

Judge wrote:
JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:

your dads mate wants that much for doing you a favour.

i would have thought 50 quid would be ok as a gesture. I mean most doors are slung on two pegs, with the electrics plugged in through some kind of door scart etc

No, all the interior trim, handles, electric windows etc have to be taken out of the old door and put into the new one.

He also needs to mix the paint and spray it.

€200 for labour is not much.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum