Villa and joaquin anybody?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18 pm

I think you lot need to jump in a very cold shower together! I'd love us to sign the lad, I'll certainly admit I wanted him ahead of Torres last summer, in fact, in front of any other player but if you think we've already signed the player or are about to do so you're gonna be very dissapointed. And as for getting him for 17 mill!??!! No chance. There's no way Valencia would have agreed to a sale prior to the Euros, not when they know he is an Aragones favourite and that a good tournqament would guarantee them a much bigger transfer fee, even if they need to sell. This guy will go for between 25 and 30 mill and no less. WAY out of our league.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Whether the fee is £17m or £30m...who cares.  He is the sort of signing that gets us closer to to winning the Prem.

If we are even thinking about paying £15m for Barry, b@lls to that...save the cash, and I'd even go as far as selling Alonso for £15m to fund the other half...much as I love him playing for us.

I said all last season that we need a second world class striker...Villa being my choice even back then.  He and Torres get on, and can obviously play together, and with two up front, we need one less holding midfielder...sorry Alonso   :(

We are off loading lots of costly players (like Kewell) wages wise, so we should be able to afford this guy....

If the Yanks want to try to win back some favour then this is the way to do it.

I'd settle for that being our only major signing this summer, and watch the defences at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge sh1t themselves.   :buttrock
mkingdom

Postby username » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:31 pm

Villa wouldnt be a money sink for the americans. The amount of revanue Torres earns for the club is outstanding. Villa will help earn alot of money while making us a better team, thus earning even more money.

Win win situation
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Scottbot wrote:I think you lot need to jump in a very cold shower together! I'd love us to sign the lad, I'll certainly admit I wanted him ahead of Torres last summer, in fact, in front of any other player but if you think we've already signed the player or are about to do so you're gonna be very dissapointed. And as for getting him for 17 mill!??!! No chance. There's no way Valencia would have agreed to a sale prior to the Euros, not when they know he is an Aragones favourite and that a good tournqament would guarantee them a much bigger transfer fee, even if they need to sell. This guy will go for between 25 and 30 mill and no less. WAY out of our league.

I know what you mean Scott but am sure i read somewhere before the tournament started that it was possibly between Torres and Villa who woul play as Spain would probably go with just one striker, and after Torres playing that sort of role so well the last third of the season he was expected to get the nod, so Valencia may have had a bit of twitchy bum. Its unlikely what we are all hoping for but in football you never know, one things for sure by his last interview he obviously really admires us, and imagine what Fernando is saying to him about the fans, the european nights and playing at anfield etc.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:29 pm

IF it happens, which I hope to god it does (best strike force in Europe IMO) we WILL challenge next season, oh god, i'm ready from stroking one out right now.

I cant help feeling he'll goto Cheatski though :(
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Well the owners despite there utter :censored: at times did say that they would sanction 1 major signing a year. Be it by loans put onto the back of the new stadium or whatever. Now if we have to sell to buy Barry then wouldnt this mean we have already bought the 1 major signing a year?

Now obviously they might of lied but they did sanction Torres and Babel.

Think about that.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:47 pm

I ma thinking about that, but didnt they also say that the shovel would be in the ground ages ago for the new stadium too? - I just dont trust these :censored:
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Feck me some people make us sound like Accrinton Stanley, winging and whining..we have no money, so feckin what we are Liverpool have some feckin hope we are not as poor as people think
the owners are tight granted but not feckin paupers hesus christ fix up people,
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:43 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3693685,00.html   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 am

mistyred wrote:Feck me some people make us sound like Accrinton Stanley, winging and whining..we have no money, so feckin what we are Liverpool have some feckin hope we are not as poor as people think

I'm not whinging Misty, I really arent, but my trust for them guys is ZERO - See they are not only fooking our club up, they are destroying my (and a lot of other fans) hope :( :(

I wanna see Villa here! - In fact i want him more than anyone else!
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 am

OneHotRed wrote:
mistyred wrote:Feck me some people make us sound like Accrinton Stanley, winging and whining..we have no money, so feckin what we are Liverpool have some feckin hope we are not as poor as people think

I'm not whinging Misty, I really arent, but my trust for them guys is ZERO - See they are not only fooking our club up, they are destroying my (and a lot of other fans) hope :( :(

I wanna see Villa here! - In fact i want him more than anyone else!

Not anybody in particular mate i just get stressed like everybody else sometimes i think we should keep our heads up  :)
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby icemanleung » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 pm

it is a good choice to sign joaquin.he is the player that i appreciate
very much.hs can do more than pennant.we must to get him when the price is under 18 million euro
icemanleung

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 pm

icemanleung wrote:it is a good choice to sign joaquin.he is the player that i appreciate
very much.hs can do more than pennant.we must to get him when the price is under 18 million euro

I don't know, he's been atrocious this season.  I wouldn't give more than 10 mill for him.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:59 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
icemanleung wrote:it is a good choice to sign joaquin.he is the player that i appreciate

I don't know, he's been atrocious this season.  I wouldn't give more than 10 mill for him.

Isn't that because he had a dickhead manager who couldn't bear having talent at his disposal?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill