Joaquin - New link

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stoney » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:54 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Where did you hear that stmichael??

The same place where he heard Alves would sign last tuesday  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Who do you think is better Alves or Joaquin? I have seen Joaquin playin la liga but not alves.
Raiden Warr

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:29 pm

john craig wrote:Again though, I think that this is a case of Benitez playing mind games with Sevilla over the Alves deal to be honest.  Or else it's just pure rubbish.

interesting point. much like local rivals, sevilla wouldnt be impressed with real betis getting all that in return for one of their star players. unfortunately they seem loathe to release one of their own, at for me, a very decent sum. £10 mill + for a right back is pretty good business.

then again, this alves deal could well be the real smokescreen. and its joaquin weve been after all the time  ???  either way one of these two is going for beyond the 10 mill mark. it quite apparantly is the going rate...

either would do for me. though id probably sway towards joaquin if given the choice. just.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:32 pm

who'd have guessed..... :no

Blues face £15m winger fight
20060705 15:11

Chelsea are set to battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of Real Betis winger Joaquin who could be on the move this summer.
The Spain international has long been linked with a move to Chelsea and now that Arjen Robben's future has been cast into further doubt Jose Mourinho could be ready to pounce. 

If Robben does move to Real Madrid, Joaquin would be seen as the ideal replacement but the Blues will face strong competition for the player from Liverpool. 
The Reds are reported to have agreed a £15million fee with Betis but officials from the La Liga outfit say nobody has come forward.

"Betis would be equally happy to keep Joaquin or to have their coffers full," said Betis president Pepe Leon. "There have been a lot of teams after the player, but nobody is yet to make the final move."

==============================================

and the new administration at real madrid want robben....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raiden Warr » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:38 pm

So why Joaquin when he has 24 million pound shaun wright phillips on the bench? I was also under the impression Joaquin wanted to play at Real Madrid.
Raiden Warr

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:21 am

red37 wrote:who'd have guessed..... :no

Blues face £15m winger fight
20060705 15:11

Chelsea are set to battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of Real Betis winger Joaquin who could be on the move this summer.
The Spain international has long been linked with a move to Chelsea and now that Arjen Robben's future has been cast into further doubt Jose Mourinho could be ready to pounce. 

If Robben does move to Real Madrid, Joaquin would be seen as the ideal replacement but the Blues will face strong competition for the player from Liverpool. 
The Reds are reported to have agreed a £15million fee with Betis but officials from the La Liga outfit say nobody has come forward.

"Betis would be equally happy to keep Joaquin or to have their coffers full," said Betis president Pepe Leon. "There have been a lot of teams after the player, but nobody is yet to make the final move."

==============================================

and the new administration at real madrid want robben....

Source? Probably bullsh.it the lot of it but that would be just typical, that bellend trying to screw us again.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:52 am

stoney wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Where did you hear that stmichael??

The same place where he heard Alves would sign last tuesday  :D

It was suppose to be a  pretty much done deal from what  I heard. As the reports say, it was likely to do with the method of payment that stalled the deal.

Back tracking a bit, if we all knew that the only hurdle was the method of payment, I'm pretty sure most of us would assume that it would only be a matter of time before we got the player.

But in saying that, Del Nido is a stubborn git and Rafa won't be ransomed.
Last edited by wee_boi888 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:23 pm

oh well this puts the baby to bed....

Reds deny swoop for JoaquinJul 6 2006

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL completed the signing of a world class left winger yesterday - but rubbished reports that Real Betis right-winger Joaquin was also about to join Mark Gonzalez at Anfield.

As Rafael Benitez's dogged pursuit of Chilean star Gonzalez finally reached a successful conclusion - with the Department for Education and Employment granting a work permit - Spanish news agency AS reported an imminent £12m Reds bid for Real Betis star Joaquin.

The agency bizarrely claimed that Liverpool were willing to offer £12 million plus fringe players Jerzy Dudek, Bolo Zenden and Antonio Barragan - with the cash component split into two instalments.

But the Reds instantly dismissed the report.

"It's simply not true," said chief executive Rick Parry. "We have no idea where the story came from."

come on parry sort us out a decent f.uckin winger will yer!  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:18 pm

red37 wrote:oh well this puts the baby to bed....

LIVERPOOL completed the signing of a world class left winger yesterday - but rubbished reports that Real Betis right-winger Joaquin was also about to join Mark Gonzalez at Anfield.

As Rafael Benitez's dogged pursuit of Chilean star Gonzalez finally reached a successful conclusion - with the Department for Education and Employment granting a work permit - Spanish news agency AS reported an imminent £12m Reds bid for Real Betis star Joaquin.

The agency bizarrely claimed that Liverpool were willing to offer £12 million plus fringe players Jerzy Dudek, Bolo Zenden and Antonio Barragan - with the cash component split into two instalments.

"It's simply not true," said chief executive Rick Parry. "We have no idea where the story came from."

Fu.ckin hell. Its like hes sayin its simply not true, we have no interest in buying world class players, we only want players like pennant and bent. Gettin frustrated with this RW thing now, why cant we find a decent RW? I think rafa is being too cautious now, yeah we dont want to pay over the odds for a player but we shouldnt be offering under the odds then when they reject it we move onto another. We need to get them in, im sure we have the money somewhere to get a desperately needed RW or striker, if we want to challenge then we need to be able to spend a bit more than championship sides
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby flipmode » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:07 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=401180&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Reds+rubbish+Betis+link
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:29 pm

red37 wrote:oh well this puts the baby to bed....

Parry also came out with similar quotes when the rumours were flying about Fowler in January  :;):
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:29 pm

Joaquin wants Spain stay

By Francisco Acedo -  Created on 6 Jul 2006

Real Betis star Joaquin has admitted he would prefer to stay in Spain rather than move to England.

The flying winger has again been linked with a move away from Betis this summer following their disappointing campaign last season.

Liverpool and Chelsea have been credited with an interest in Joaquin with both sides big admirers of the player.

However, Joaquin insists if he was to leave to Betis his first option would be to move to Real Madrid.

"I have a contract with Real Betis, but if I leave the club my destination is clear," Joaquin told Marca.

"Always I prefer the option of Real Madrid and after that the Premier League.

"Betis know my opinion. I would only like to join a great club."

It remains to be seen if new Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon would be interested in a move for Joaquin as he already has Arjen Robben, Kaka and Cesc Fabregas in his sights.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....in+stay

I really have my doubts that we are gonna sign Joaquin, although if we wanted him this would be the time to go and get him, he's value seems to have dropped and this could be the defining move of he's career.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:40 am

Alonso14 wrote:Joaquin wants Spain stay

By Francisco Acedo -  Created on 6 Jul 2006

Real Betis star Joaquin has admitted he would prefer to stay in Spain rather than move to England.

The flying winger has again been linked with a move away from Betis this summer following their disappointing campaign last season.

Liverpool and Chelsea have been credited with an interest in Joaquin with both sides big admirers of the player.

However, Joaquin insists if he was to leave to Betis his first option would be to move to Real Madrid.

"I have a contract with Real Betis, but if I leave the club my destination is clear," Joaquin told Marca.

"Always I prefer the option of Real Madrid and after that the Premier League.

"Betis know my opinion. I would only like to join a great club."

It remains to be seen if new Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon would be interested in a move for Joaquin as he already has Arjen Robben, Kaka and Cesc Fabregas in his sights.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....in+stay

I really have my doubts that we are gonna sign Joaquin, although if we wanted him this would be the time to go and get him, he's value seems to have dropped and this could be the defining move of he's career.

though by the sounds of it he's not that bothered about coming here.

imagine if he came, had a good season then madrid made an  offer.... sounds like he'd go running!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:56 pm

john craig wrote:I'd not bother going after Joaquin to be honest.

Talented player no doubt, but from the la liga I've watched this season he's very inconsistent.  As we know any sort of foreign import comes with risks, so if we have to pay upwards of 15 million for a player who has consistency problems in his own league, I think the risk is too much.

If we could get him for up to say 10 million then I'd say the risk is worth it, because if Benitez can sort this guy out he's absolutely frightening on his day.

Again though, I think that this is a case of Benitez playing mind games with Sevilla over the Alves deal to be honest.  Or else it's just pure rubbish.

Spot on John.

wanted to say the samething
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:09 pm

Joaquin's dream move is RM as he said so himself. But man! Would I love to see him in our squad! Fingers crossed. :;):

And please don't read anything from that "rumour" site, ffs, it's 90% nonsense! ???
corsocomo

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill