Joaquin - New link

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby lovebetis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:59 pm

I still hope that Joaquin stays on Betis the last season, because the century of Betis is in 2007. But I think that he will go out Betis this summer. I, sincerely, prefer that he goes to Liverpool and not he goes to Real Madrid.
But, Betis still any have offers.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby lovebetis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 pm

I still hope that Joaquin stays on Betis the last season, because the century of Betis is in 2007. But I think that he will go out Betis this summer.I,sincerely, prefer that he goes to Liverpool and not he goes to Real Madrid.
But, Betis still any have offers.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Spanish international Joaquin joins Valencia
Story Tools:       
  Print    Email    Blog This   
Associated Press
Posted: 7 hours ago     

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Spain winger Joaquin Sanchez has agreed to join Valencia from Real Betis for six years in a €25 million (US$32 million) transfer.

SUMMER TRANSFERS

Photo Gallery
• Summer Transfers

Stories
• Transfer List

News agency Efe said Thursday that Joaquin will be the third Spanish international - after striker Fernando Morientes from Liverpool and left back Asier Del Horno from Chelsea - to join Valencia in the offseason.

Sanchez had recently asked to leave Betis despite being under contract until 2010. He'd said he would welcome a move to Valencia because of its recent success and its involvement in the Champions League.

Joaquin, 25, established himself as favorite with Betis fans by helping the team gain promotion in his first season in 2001, win the Copa del Rey in 2005, and secure a place in last season's Champions League.

Joaquin's international debut came in February 2002. Four months later, his penalty miss in a shoot-out against co-host South Korea contributed to Spain's elimination from the World Cup quarterfinals. He also appeared at the World Cup in Germany.

Valencia hosts Betis in the opening match of the Spanish league season on Saturday.

well  valencia splash the cash on joaquin  could be a great signing... would have been great to have got joaquin but it never happened...  shame.  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill