No alonso bid so far but carrick close to signing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby charwell » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

weezy I am not being funny but please stop posting your messages as though they were texts as they are very annoying to read. Sorry m8
charwell

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:10 am

I don't think we should sell Owen unless he doesn't want to be here. But it seems he is tempted to move on to either Madrid or Barcelona by his agent. That only tells you one thing and that is all about money. Do you honestly think Owen is worth more than S. Gerrard? I don't and I would prefer to have two Gerrards than two Owens anyday. I like Owen but as many of you had said, if he doesn't want to be here then we have to move on. Its not like we initiate the prospect of selling Owen in the first place.:)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:09 am

the rumors:
Reports on Merseyside had suggested Carrick was moving closer to an Everton move, although now it emerges that Liverpool could be the midfielder's destination.

Carrick alerted a number of top-flight clubs since refusing to sign a new contract with the Hammers because of his desire to play Premiership football and further his international experience.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez sees Carrick as an ideal midfield partner for Steven Gerrard who has committed his long-term future to the Reds, whilst Carrick is dreaming of an Anfield move. He has realised that his chances of regular first-team football at Arsenal are limited.

West Ham - reluctant to see their star man go - are willing to listen to offers for Carrick in the region of £4m, but insist that all derisory bids will be rejected.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion