Reds close in on depor's victor - Right winger signing on sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:26 pm

ah... cheers for the proper translation... cant trust those guys at skysports :p .... but seems we'll know by the end of today whatever way it turns out
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:34 pm

'However, this is not the first time an outgoing player has complained at Depor's conduct ahead of a transfer from the club and Victor seems determined to hold out for what he is owed.'

Reading the above statement maybe we shouldn't be so quick to criticise the player.  It's fine saying he's haggling over money, but maybe it's not so much the money as the principle of Deportivo continually doing this to players.  It sounds like the club have been trying to force him out and on top of that they're trying to get out of paying him what he's owed.  I personally don't have a problem with him doing that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:49 pm

come on .....if u guys are owed a few hundred thousand pounds, surely u will make a meal outta it rite ?  :glare: ....

Lets not judge victor (u are rite, i want him here.....any RW is better than no RW).  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:52 pm

got to agree with mr craig there. its easy to bang on about footballers desire, commitment and passion to play for whatever club and for so many of us to say we'd play for liverpool for free. but you have to remember that these are professional sportsmen with their own set of workers rights. just because they have a brilliant job doesn't mean they should have to forego what is rightfully owed to them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:59 pm

The_Rock wrote:judge  :p

ditto rock  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 pm

Judge wrote:

get out more often  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:18 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Judge wrote:

get out more often  :p

:lookaround   :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:24 pm

andy_g wrote:got to agree with mr craig there. its easy to bang on about footballers desire, commitment and passion to play for whatever club and for so many of us to say we'd play for liverpool for free. but you have to remember that these are professional sportsmen with their own set of workers rights. just because they have a brilliant job doesn't mean they should have to forego what is rightfully owed to them.

Exactly. For alot of them aswell they're not the sort of people who are going to work after football so its understandable they want there future's secured.
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Not that I don't understand your point Andy, Stu.

But I'd secure my future with a 3 year contract in Liverpool and not asking for the settlement! it's more money! and important! to play here than in a team that has  won the Liga once!

Once in Liverpool I don't see why he can't go to the common justice to defend his rights, as forcing a worker to lose his settlement money seems completely anticonstitutional to me! Deportivo would get his medicine, as they don't doubt about going to the justice to settle footie issues.

Well, I wonder now where's that Valeron twát so that he speaks us about the gentleman that is Lendoiro. ???
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:20 pm

Sabre wrote:Not that I don't understand your point Andy, Stu.

But I'd secure my future with a 3 year contract in Liverpool and not asking for the settlement! it's more money! and important! to play here than in a team that has  won the Liga once!

Once in Liverpool I don't see why he can't go to the common justice to defend his rights, as forcing a worker to lose his settlement money seems completely anticonstitutional to me! Deportivo would get his medicine, as they don't doubt about going to the justice to settle footie issues.

Well, I wonder now where's that Valeron twát so that he speaks us about the gentleman that is Lendoiro. ???

I'd take Valeron.

One of the best players to watch live with his passing, vision, technique and general play. Lazy bugger though he is.

He could have done so much more in the game imo. His skill level and composure on the ball are immense. Seems to have a slow silky style but he's a genius on the ball.
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:23 pm

I'd take Valeron.

One of the best players to watch live with his passing, vision, technique and general play. Lazy bugger though he is.

He could have done so much more in the game imo. His skill level and composure on the ball are immense. Seems to have a slow silky style but he's a genius on the ball.

You've described him well, it's obvious you've seen him playing. Perhaps I'd add that he has an unnatural ability to spot the correct pass, he sees passes when others don't. I think you call it vision.

Anyway, when you lot talk about the epl physicallity I tend to :) as I don't think there are many differences. But if any, Valeron would be one of the ones that would have difficulties to adapt. He's not strong.  Not the case of Victor, though
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Oh well another one bites the dust.........................

Benitez foiled in bid to land winger
Jan 30 2006

LIVERPOOL'S bid to land Deportivo La Coruna winger Victor broke down today - leaving Rafael Benitez frustrated in his attempt to sign a right-sided midfielder before the transfer window closes.

Benitez may now be forced to keep Steven Gerrard off centre-stage and continue in his successful role on the right flank.

Unable to secure a work permit for Chilean winger Mark Gonzalez, the Reds were reported to have secured a £2m deal for Spanish international Victor over the weekend.

Anfield chief executive Rick Parry, however, revealed today: "There are difficulties with that transfer and it does not look like it is going to happen."

Victor was withdrawn from the Deportivo squad for last night's match against Atletico Madrid, but only because of the speculation surrounding his potential move.

He has not travelled to Merseyside. The 29-year-old could not secure a satisfactory severance package with Deportivo - he is out of contract in the summer - while he is also believed to have wanted a longer term contract than Liverpool were prepared to offer.

With the transfer window closing at midnight tomorrow, Benitez now looks like being frustrated in his bid to land a right-winger.

Benitez originally moved for Victor after frustration in his bid to secure a work permit for highly regarded Chilean international Mark Gonzalez.

Signed on a four-year deal from Albacete - subject to work permit - Gonzalez is now considering offers to play on loan at Deportivo La Coruna, Real Sociedad and Espanyol.

The player's agent, Cristian Ogalde, said: "If the Home Office doesn't help we will choose from three offers."

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:41 pm

"There are difficulties with that transfer and it does not look like it is going to happen."

Yeah they are difficulties but this is the same Parry that said that we weren't going to sign Fowler :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:47 pm

so will we be the victor  then ????

sorry i will get my coat :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Just seen on SSN that Joey Barton has submitted a transfer request. Might he be the answer since Victor's transfer seems to be far from done ?
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion