Alonso - the best signing since…

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:40 pm

I know it's early days, but I'm not a gun-jumper. I've seen Alonso play 3 times now on Sky and he looks an absolutely stunning signing. His vision, his weight of passing, his awareness and his confidence for a player bedding into a frantic-paced league are massively impressive. His shot from the halfway line says a lot about his talent, even more about his belief in his talent.

given his form so early on, when did we last sign someone of his potential?
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:47 pm

I just hope Nunez will be just as good. Kewell really made me angry, he showed no effort what so ever. Ball given away too easily, as if we weren't even trying to get to the ball.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:49 pm

Stevie G out is bad news whatever angle you look at it but thank God for Alonso and Garcia in the team last season it would have been grim
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:51 pm

Nunez, come on Muskateer show your magic
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:17 am

lets not forget about garciqa, he's a great player too, though today he was lucky not to get handed a second yellow.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:20 am

Alonso.. one word CLASS!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:36 am

Gotta agree with every poster here. What a footballer. I had to smile at the lukewarm reception on the Sky to his audacious long shot. Jesus, if that had been Renaldo or Drogba they would be still talking about it this time next year. Guess thats the way it is when they don't love you any more.
Also looks like he's got that bit of devil in him as well, gets his foot in. What did we pay 10.5mill? If we stuck him on the list today we'd probably get 15 in my view. He's even better than our two previous 10 mill signings, Heskey and Diouff. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:55 am

Alonso has played 3 games for the reds and after his 2nd half performance he looked like he had played 300, he was evry were in the 2nd half passin,tacklin,chasin balls down gettin back and forward....sounds a bit like gerrard which cant be bad! He is by far the best passer of a ball in the prem and if he can start havin a dig ive heard that he possesses a mean shot, all in all a superb purchase by rafa, along with the other spanirds
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:25 am

Ade wrote:I know it's early days, but I'm not a gun-jumper. I've seen Alonso play 3 times now on Sky and he looks an absolutely stunning signing. His vision, his weight of passing, his awareness and his confidence for a player bedding into a frantic-paced league are massively impressive. His shot from the halfway line says a lot about his talent, even more about his belief in his talent.

given his form so early on, when did we last sign someone of his potential?

You think he looks good on the TV, then you wanna see him in the flesh, add to the passing awareness and confidence an undoubtedly quick football brain, movement and running you only get to see live. The lad looks like he is going to be an absolute steal at £11m, and he is only a puppy as well.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:10 am

Couldnt agree more mate, At the Monaco game there was a 20 minute spell in the second half were it was as if he was showboatin with the different range of passes he had, i just sat there gobsmacked at how good he was, if cisse and baros make the runs he will find them no problem, yesterday is just a minor set back and we must put things right startin on saturday
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion