Reds close in on depor's victor - Right winger signing on sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Barton is a central-midfielder, so how would he be the answer?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:53 pm

might play on the right as well
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:57 pm

Disclaimer: I don't trust Marca. They are the ones that said Gonzalez was going to deportivo

Hour of the note of press: 18.00h

"LFC has  broken negotiation over Victor with Deportivo, after they fail to reach an agreement for both sides and having not material time to make it happen.

This tuesday ends the deadline to acquire new players. According to EFE (Spanish reuters, trustworthy), Liverpool Football Club didn't admit the request of Deportivo that wanted Gonzalez in the deal, due to Gonzalez is going to play in Real Sociedad eventually. Because of that, the footballer from Madrid will continue until June in La Coruña. Rafa might try again to sign him up in summer, as he also tried to sign him up last summer".

The EFE bit is trustworthy, Deportivo would try to feck other teams as the use to do and Liverpool Football Club is a gentle man club as we are used to. The there's not time bit is from Marca though, so that isn't trustworthy.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Sabre wrote:
I'd take Valeron.

One of the best players to watch live with his passing, vision, technique and general play. Lazy bugger though he is.

He could have done so much more in the game imo. His skill level and composure on the ball are immense. Seems to have a slow silky style but he's a genius on the ball.

You've described him well, it's obvious you've seen him playing. Perhaps I'd add that he has an unnatural ability to spot the correct pass, he sees passes when others don't. I think you call it vision.

Anyway, when you lot talk about the epl physicallity I tend to :) as I don't think there are many differences. But if any, Valeron would be one of the ones that would have difficulties to adapt. He's not strong.  Not the case of Victor, though

Isnt Valeron injured for a while - his knee again??  ???
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:57 pm

Yes 7 month  injury, it has happened very recently!! bad one :(

???
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Well this is a rather strange transfer saga. It doesnt look much like we will be signing this Victor now it seems to have fallen flat and it looks like we are going to miss out on our winger yet again  :(  We seriously need to get this mess sorted out we cant keep playing gerrard and cisse on the wing all the time especially with cisse being so sh.ite these days. I cant say iw ould be disappointed if we lose out on this Victor as he's not the sort of player i was hoping we would sign and hes 29 years old, we should be looking to sign a top class player for the long term
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:19 am

stu_the_red wrote:
Sabre wrote:Not that I don't understand your point Andy, Stu.

But I'd secure my future with a 3 year contract in Liverpool and not asking for the settlement! it's more money! and important! to play here than in a team that has  won the Liga once!

Once in Liverpool I don't see why he can't go to the common justice to defend his rights, as forcing a worker to lose his settlement money seems completely anticonstitutional to me! Deportivo would get his medicine, as they don't doubt about going to the justice to settle footie issues.

Well, I wonder now where's that Valeron twát so that he speaks us about the gentleman that is Lendoiro. ???

I'd take Valeron.

One of the best players to watch live with his passing, vision, technique and general play. Lazy bugger though he is.

He could have done so much more in the game imo. His skill level and composure on the ball are immense. Seems to have a slow silky style but he's a genius on the ball.

You know what? I have a friend down in London (Arsenal supporter) and he said EXACTLY the same thing after watching Arsenal v Depor live in the Champions League at Highbury.

I really like Valeron, he has an extraordinary talent, and you are 100% correct when saying he never fulfilled his true potential....I doubt now that he ever will.

One of the best players I've seen.

Sad to hear about his injury, would have been great to see him in the World Cup IF he made it in to the national squad.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:31 am

Anyway, i must retract this thread, once again we have been thwarted with signing a right winger as sh1t went down..... check it:

Liverpool end Victor interest
By Lucas Brown -  Created on 30 Jan 2006

Liverpool have ended their interest in signing Victor from Deportivo La Coruna after failing to reach an agreement with the Spanish club

With the transfer window closing on Tuesday, there was not enough time for talks to continue and so the move is now dead.

Reports in Spain suggest that Depor refused to budge in the negotiations and Reds boss Rafa Benitez pulled the plug on the deal that was expected to go through this week.

Victor's contract at Riazor expires in the summer and the player is hopeful that the deal can be resurrected then.

Spanish news agency EFE reported that Depor were keen to include Liverpool winger Mark Gonzalez as part of any deal, but when the Premiership side refused the discussions were brought to a halt.

Gonzalez has since joined Real Sociedad on loan for the rest of the season, while Victor is preparing to earn his place back in the Depor side in order to earn a move at the end of the current campaign.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:12 am

i'm disappointed we missed on victor maybe he's not the best player in his position but he is a very experienced player who played a big part in depotivo successful years (1999-2004). I think now Rafa will identify his target(s) and will do his homework andhopefully we will be able to sign the couple of players we need to seriously challenge for the EPL.

YNWA
ToTinho

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:27 am

I'm getting a bit p*ssed off with Spanish and Portugese clubs.

First Real Madrid, then Benfica, and now Deportivo.

Sort yourselves out you welching b*stards.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:40 am

That's natural Lando. If you haven't been píssed  off so far is because you're well away up there in Liverpool of some of the Spanish cráp. Because Deportivo is cráp and have a twát for president

See?

But the loads of cráp that there's in Madrid, could rival Manchester United + Chel$ki cráp altogether. :angry:

:D
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:51 am

Looks like to guy off the Aussie Home loans ad :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:05 am

Don't know about you lot, but this is a fair dinkum snub!

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....ollapse
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion