Reds close in on depor's victor - Right winger signing on sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:03 am

Sabre, whats your take on Victor? I put this on here, cos its a done deal, and barring any interest from Cheatski and ManUre, he should be here on Sunday. Plus I wanna know what Sabre thinks of this guy. Here's the report:

Reds close in on Victor swoop
By Francisco Acedo -  Created on 27 Jan 2006

Liverpool are poised to follow up the capture of Robbie Fowler with the signing of Deportivo La Coruna winger Victor.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has made no secret of his desire to bring in a winger during the January transfer window and had been linked with a host of names.

Benitez has seen moves for Atletico Madrid's Luciano Galletti and Benfica's Simao Sabrosa hit the rocks, prompting the Spaniard to switch his attentions across La Primera to Depor.

The Reds are close to striking an accord with Depor and Victor has not made the trip to Madrid for the weekend clash with Atletico.

Victor, who has recently returned to fitness following a thigh injury, is expected to head to Merseyside on Sunday to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

A three-and-a-half-year deal is set to be put on the table and Benitez will hope to wrap up the transfer before the window slams shut on Tuesday.

Victor has class in abundance, having turned out for Real Madrid in the past, and Benitez will hope the 29-year-old can add some attacking thrust to his side.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:42 am

I assume he's a right hand winger.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:58 am

Don't think that he is that awesome....saw him a few times on tv....looks decent. Nothing more  ???

Maybe sabre can shed more light on him.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am

Robbie
66-1120597113

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:34 am

The_Rock wrote:Don't think that he is that awesome....saw him a few times on tv....looks decent. Nothing more  ???

Maybe sabre can shed more light on him.....

How many awesome wingers exist in the world?

He's not just a decent player, he's a good player and many times a VERY good player.

He's been an important part of Deportivo's good campaigns in La Primera and the Champions League, over the last 5 or so years.

He's good at most things....crossing, scoring, uses the ball intelligently and he's quite skilful too.

He's a dangerous player when he is an advanced position which is where he likes to be, near the box.

Just as good as Simao at most things, and no where near as expensive, only Victor is 2 or 3 years older but bear in mind his fitness level is fantastic.

A consistent and reliable player that will add class to the right.

Good buy if he comes, I like him a lot.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:09 am

ive heard hes like a slow version of newcastles luque... so i for one am not overly excited sorry
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:12 am

dawson99 wrote:ive heard hes like a slow version of newcastles luque... so i for one am not overly excited sorry

If he is more skillful, then I don't give a fkuk about the comparison.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:14 am

He played against us in both group matches in the Champions League last season if I remember correctly.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:27 am

dawson99 wrote:ive heard hes like a slow version of newcastles luque... so i for one am not overly excited sorry

Why? Luque proved a VERY high level in the Champions League and La Primera. Though he's been awful in Newcastle so far for many reasons.
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:40 am

Sabre has mentioned him in the Rumour Mill topic about Victor.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 am

He's a good right midfielder, more than a Winger. Luque is much more attacking player, but then Victor is much more useful for a team. Don's expect a player that goes til the corner and crosses after dribbling 2 players and saying hello to the stand. He's more a midfielder.

And yes, he can play in different positions.

I have no doubts that he'll do well. Our midfield is very strong. And we have depth. And options. The arrival of Victor will allow him to put Victor there, while Gerrard returns to the middle.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:50 am

Sabre wrote:Don's expect a player that goes til the corner and crosses after dribbling 2 players and saying hello to the stand.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Spanish humor is SOOO funny LOL
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Sabre wrote:Don's expect a player that goes til the corner and crosses after dribbling 2 players and saying hello to the stand.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Spanish humor is SOOO funny LOL

:D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am

He's not just a decent player, he's a good player and many times a VERY good player.

He's been an important part of Deportivo's good campaigns in La Primera and the Champions League, over the last 5 or so years.

He's good at most things....crossing, scoring, uses the ball intelligently and he's quite skilful too.

He's a dangerous player when he is an advanced position which is where he likes to be, near the box.

Just as good as Simao at most things, and no where near as expensive, only Victor is 2 or 3 years older but bear in mind his fitness level is fantastic.

A consistent and reliable player that will add class to the right.

True. And besides, he blocks his wing well defensively.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:24 pm

not too sure of this buy, he is 29 yeas old and the last time i see him he looked slow...ok not slow but lacking pace.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion