Sales - Profit or losses

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 pm

IMHO this thread is not pointless, and afterwards some good posts have been written.

However, if "numbers" are to be analysed it must be done case by case and bearing in mind other relevant factors such as age, and remaining contract.

For instance Crouch was a great buy, because he was bought for a reasonable sum, he has done his job for us, and if he's sold now, it would be more expensive than when we bought him.

Morientes is more tricky, because a player of 28 years will be always more valued than a player of 30.

I think that every case must be analysed individually and THEN jump into conclussions rather than getting all the raw figures and jump in to conclussions.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:22 pm

s@int wrote:
Hamann* - in £8m, out £4m

I think you got this one wrong mate.

Owzat : I repeat that I don't know how accurate some figures are, certainly the Diouf figure was never likely to be confirmed. If someone has a reliable source then I am happy to amend the above, it is only guideline to show how we do or don't make profits on players and not meant to be 100% gospel
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:
Hamann* - in £8m, out £4m

I think you got this one wrong mate.

Owzat : I repeat that I don't know how accurate some figures are, certainly the Diouf figure was never likely to be confirmed. If someone has a reliable source then I am happy to amend the above, it is only guideline to show how we do or don't make profits on players and not meant to be 100% gospel

No offence meant Owzat, I was meaning you got that one so WRONG (way out)not just a slight discrepancy. ie He went for free or at best £100k. £4MILLION is just a little too far outside the box to slip by without comment.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Reg wrote:Which top 10 side actually does buy in and sell at a profit?  I dont thik any does surely?

arsenal have sold players for huge profits down the years.

anelka, petit, overmars, henry, vieira to name but five.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Owzat wrote:Ironically some of our best sales have been youth team produced players

£11m Fowler
£8.0m Owen
£4.5m Matteo
£3.0m Wright
£3.0m Thompson
£1.5m Warnock

If we sold Gerrard or Carra then they would be near the top if not top of that list

yep carra i say is worth 22 mil even this late on , gerrard is harder to value he is pretty priceless mabye 45-50 mil mabye more and i could only see him going to spain to barca or madrid but he wont leave for a while or mabye never *crosses fingers*
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion