Summer gucci sales! - Italian clubs poss relegated

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 pm

Luca Toni strikes me as a Kevin Phillips type to be honest, unheard of, comes up with second division club into top flight, top scores and golden boot winner................ then disappears of the face of the earth.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:01 pm

Leon, that would be more like Toto Scillaci (did I get the surname right?). This guy was to be merely a reserve behind Gianluca Vialli in Italia '90, but with all the pressure on Vialli, Scillaci delivered the goods and ended up top-scoring at the 1990 WC. Then, with a big transfer (to a wrong club called Inter if I am not mistaken) his career nosedived.

I think Luca Toni is a better player than Scillaci and he should still be a good striker, if not a highly prolific one, with the right club like AC Milan, in the years to come. If he goes to Inter, somehow seemingly cursed with good players becoming inconsistent at that club, he'd not do too well. But then, if the judgement on Milan stays with the points handicap, Inter has the best chance to win the Scudetto. If they don't win, they are really cursed!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:56 am

Thuram and Zambrotta gone to Barca
kobashi

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion