Pennant - Out for up to 10 weeks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:39 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think we need to get back to

Kewell 

Nice dream, if you want Kewell to play LM I suggest you play FIFA, PES or a management game.

Why?

Great comment.. well thought out response...  Why don't you make a serious contribution, like post something against the whole post.. or......  go asomewhere else??

Oh dear, I've rattled some pr at's cage. If you can't work out for yourself that Kewell has barely played a role this season or last so including him in an "ideal midfield" is pointless then you're a sad so and so. I put plenty more thought into my comment than you did or you wouldn't have bothered, in fact the only reason you did appears you are some high horser who thinks some people can't post what they like.

You don't like what people post then YOU'RE the one who should go elsewhere, of course you are a pr at and so you won't realise that there is no "perfect" forum where there are no rows, everyone posts an essay every time but you may find one full enough of pr ats like yourself
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:44 am

roberto green wrote:Plus Pennant being injured IMO is a blessing in disguise cos Gerrard goes back over to the right and the midfeild becomes more resolute again and Gerrard has more of a free role without p!ssing Benitez off for being indisiplined.

Plus i don,t rate Pennant and never have he is Lazy and has a big head.

My sentiments exactly, as some may have noticed I posted earlier (if not the full version as above) .

I did some checking and Pennant has played significant minutes in EIGHT Premiership games this season with zero goals and just ONE assist - he's been booked twice. Someone on a mixed fan forum was commenting on Gerrard scoring 23 goals the season he played a lot on the right, how many SEASONS before Pennant has 23 assists, 23 goals or 23 assists and goals combined?

As a winger he doesn't necessarily have to score lots of goals but he is there to beat the full-back and/or get in crosses, there has to be an end product and being able to beat his man and not much else simply ain't good enough. He wouldn't get into the Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd teams - I have said before that you're not going to find much quality shopping at Southampton (Crouch) and Birmingham (Pennant) - with odd exceptions obviously
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:05 pm

Owzat wrote:
roberto green wrote:Plus Pennant being injured IMO is a blessing in disguise cos Gerrard goes back over to the right and the midfeild becomes more resolute again and Gerrard has more of a free role without p!ssing Benitez off for being indisiplined.

Plus i don,t rate Pennant and never have he is Lazy and has a big head.

My sentiments exactly, as some may have noticed I posted earlier (if not the full version as above) .

I did some checking and Pennant has played significant minutes in EIGHT Premiership games this season with zero goals and just ONE assist - he's been booked twice. Someone on a mixed fan forum was commenting on Gerrard scoring 23 goals the season he played a lot on the right, how many SEASONS before Pennant has 23 assists, 23 goals or 23 assists and goals combined?

As a winger he doesn't necessarily have to score lots of goals but he is there to beat the full-back and/or get in crosses, there has to be an end product and being able to beat his man and not much else simply ain't good enough. He wouldn't get into the Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd teams - I have said before that you're not going to find much quality shopping at Southampton (Crouch) and Birmingham (Pennant) - with odd exceptions obviously

dam owzat u're good bro , whr do you get ur statistics from. I am sure we can all agree that pennant is not the best player in the line up but the matches he has played this season , he has the ability to beat players , like against derby when he switched flanks with babel , he was creating havoc , i feel that he is due a england call up soon if he plays well for us . The good news like mick said the right flank will be unchanged for a while due to his injury and gerrard will be moved to the right

Also in his central role , against less capable teams . i feel that rafa should partner lucas with alonso and see how that partnership
grows. Lucas did well when he came on for the captain in the merseyside derby and would have gotten the winner and what a debut and firt start it would have been. He was committed and went in for every 50-50 tackle and came out victorious of almost all . Great prospect for the future and only 20 , still got alot of things to learn and i feel he will mature into a star one day , credit to rafa and scouting team for bringing him in    :grinning:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion