Pennant - Out for up to 10 weeks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:43 am

It makes a mockery of the rotation system doesn't it. A player struggling for weeks, yet still getting a game - just for the sake of rotation!!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:25 am

weringo wrote:Finally some good news eh?

I'm surprised more aren't saying it could be a lucky break. I think we're a better team without Pennant, stick Yossi on the right or even Gerrard and play Yossi in the middle with Mascherano.

I might even play a slightly defensive approach and play Riise, Mascherano, Sissoko and Gerrard across the midfield. One thing's for sure and that's we need to retain possession and I don't think Babel and Pennant do that enough. In fact our midfield seems to have become very guilty of that disease, giving the ball away carelessly. You can't do anything about a clever interception or if you are dispossessed, but giving the ball away - consistently or carelessly - is a crime
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:50 am

I think we need to get back to

Kewell  Alonso  Mascherano  Gerrard

I really believe that is the best midfield we can possible field, but Gerrard has to stick to the task and not do what he did against  EFC and wnder off leaving massive gaps..  24 goals from the right? ???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:56 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think we need to get back to

Kewell 

Nice dream, if you want Kewell to play LM I suggest you play FIFA, PES or a management game.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:05 am

Owzat wrote:

Kewell 

Nice dream, if you want Kewell to play LM I suggest you play FIFA, PES or a management game.

Why?

Great comment.. well thought out response...  Why don't you make a serious contribution, like post something against the whole post.. or......  go asomewhere else??
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby heimdall » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:37 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Kewell 

Why?

Great comment.. well thought out response...  Why don't you make a serious contribution, like post something against the whole post.. or......  go asomewhere else??

Ooohhh tensions are still high at the moment aren't they, I think the point being made there was that Kewell is still not fit so the only chance you have of playing him is in a video game.
I still don't understand why everyone thinks of kewell as this great Mesiah, he'll come back play 5 or 6 games and get injured again, we should have bought a great left winger in the summer, Rafa or Parry screwed that up I feel.
heimdall

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Boobies :D

When he did come back (Kewell) he looked like a bit of quality that we were missing so I think a lot are looking forward to getting him back in the team
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:31 pm

It might force Rafa's hand - Gerrard on the right. I'm from the school of thought that he does a better job as a roving right midfielder. I'd love to see Masch as holding and Alonso at the top of a diamond threading passes through to the front guys. We might get caught on the break down that right wing but Gerrard is the type of player who'll break his :censored: getting back to defend. And Finnan is competent enough to handle it.
Last edited by Avi Cohen on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Rafa D » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:59 pm

Avi Cohen wrote:It might force Rafa's hand - Gerrard on the right. I'm from the school of thought that he does a better job as a roving right midfielder. I'd love to see Masch as holding and Alonso at the top of a diamond threading passes through to the front guys. We might get caught on the break down that right wing but Gerrard is the type of player who'll break his :censored: getting back to defend. And Finnan is competent enough to handle it.

I'm from the same school of thought. With the quality we have at CM, Gerrard has to accompany the right midfield role for me.

Imagine a fully fit line up of -

Kewell-----Alonso----Maschereno-----Gerrard

The balance and passing quality of that midfield would be immense.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Well at this rate we won't be talking about rotation for a while cos we've got no fecker to rotate. In all honesty in the short term it just means movuing Gerrard out to the right which some of us prefer anyway. If, as seems likely Alonso comes in to partner Masherano in the the centre, I hope they can get their act together and not stand within touching distance. I haven't been impressed with that particular pairing in the past.

Might Rafa be tempted to go with Sissoko to break up the Arsenal flow? It would be controversial given Momo's recent performances but I wouldn't be at all surprised. Perhaps even Lucas? It should be interesting.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:13 pm

I think he will pick sissoko. Although he hasnt played well he does get stuck in with the tackles and could be perfect for a counter measure to arsenals flowing football. I also think mascherano could well partner him with alonso making a second half appearance while gerrard plays on the right. If crouch isnt up front then I would guess that he is all but gone in january.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:25 pm

I actually see a lot of promise in Lucas and i think the more he plays the better he is going to get BUT against Arsenal is not the game to be testing him out,  how is he going to really figure with the other four midfielders vowing for the 2 midfield place in the rest of the season.

It just doesn't make sense when you look at how weak we are in other areas ie strikers,wingers,central defenders, that we have too much quality in one area and not others,one of the reasons why we will again finish below the obvious three.
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Plus Pennant being injured IMO is a blessing in disguise cos Gerrard goes back over to the right and the midfeild becomes more resolute again and Gerrard has more of a free role without p!ssing Benitez off for being indisiplined.

Plus i don,t rate Pennant and never have he is Lazy and has a big head.
roberto green

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:34 pm

I think pennant has improved a lot since hes been at anfield and he hasnt disrupted the dressing room at all like many thought he would do. Oh and its not his head its his perm ! Nordberg from naked gun 3 1/3 !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Kharhaz wrote:I think pennant has improved a lot since hes been at anfield and he hasnt disrupted the dressing room at all like many thought he would do. Oh and its not his head its his perm ! Nordberg from naked gun 3 1/3 !

lol I thought i'd get a comment like that :D
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion