Pennant - Out for up to 10 weeks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:24 pm

FFS we could be doing without this...

You can forget about Babel playing upfront now.

From Sky Sports News....

Liverpool have suffered an injury blow with the news that Jermaine Pennant has broken his right tibia.

Pennant has been struggling with the leg injury for some time and the injury worsened during Wednesday's Champions League defeat to Besiktas.

The former Birmingham man was forced to limp off against Besiktas and Liverpool have decided to send Pennant for surgery to resolve the problem.

Pennant is expected to be sidelined for up to ten weeks and he will miss this weekend's clash with former club Arsenal.

Club spokesman Ian Cotton told the club's website: "For the last eight weeks Jermaine has undergone intensive treatment at Melwood between matches for the injury.

"But following an acute exacerbation of the problem during the game against Besiktas it has now been decided he requires surgery.

"We anticipate Jermaine will be out for approximately 10 weeks."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Terrible news. This means a lot more of Yossi and or Gerrard on the right, good thing we have Kewell coming back on the left and Xabi in the centre.
JoeTerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:42 pm

it's a shame, as i would have liked to see him play against Arsenal, cos he has a piont to prove with Wenger.....hopefully this will let Yossi and Kewell step up...... :Oo:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 pm

damn it
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Obviously it's a pain, but it'll make using Gerrard on the right far less of an issue from the media's point of view.

It certainly helps explain Pennant's dip in form after a promising start to the season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Feeney » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:08 pm

Dundalk wrote:FFS we could be doing without this...

You can forget about Babel playing upfront now.

From Sky Sports News....

Liverpool have suffered an injury blow with the news that Jermaine Pennant has broken his right tibia.

Pennant has been struggling with the leg injury for some time and the injury worsened during Wednesday's Champions League defeat to Besiktas.

The former Birmingham man was forced to limp off against Besiktas and Liverpool have decided to send Pennant for surgery to resolve the problem.

Pennant is expected to be sidelined for up to ten weeks and he will miss this weekend's clash with former club Arsenal.

Club spokesman Ian Cotton told the club's website: "For the last eight weeks Jermaine has undergone intensive treatment at Melwood between matches for the injury.

"But following an acute exacerbation of the problem during the game against Besiktas it has now been decided he requires surgery.

"We anticipate Jermaine will be out for approximately 10 weeks."

I'm quite happy to see Babel play on the right - i'd be happier to play him on the left with Alonso and Mascherano in the middle with Gerrard on the right though.

I've been a bit dismayed the last few weeks why Pennant and Babel haven't featured as much when our game has been crying out for width - the derby being a prime example.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 pm

It could be worse I think. At least it aint a defender injured !
Gerrard on the right could kick start his season as well as Liverpools.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:39 pm

Sad for the lad. "Relief" because 10 weeks would have been a very optimistic time table of recovery years ago for that inury.

Fortunately we seem to have options, you already have mentioned them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Finally some good news eh?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 pm

babel can play on the right. yossi kewell have to step up. might see gerrard on the right for a couple of the games
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 pm

mungi wrote:babel can play on the right. yossi kewell have to step up. might see gerrard on the right for a couple of the games

Who is yossi kewell? wasnt he in boys from the black stuff?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
mungi wrote:babel can play on the right. yossi kewell have to step up. might see gerrard on the right for a couple of the games

:D

I think he means yossi + kewell
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

:D

I think he means yossi + kewell

Oh of course......silly me !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:05 am

He's been carrying the injury for eight weeks? WTF? ???

By my maths, that means he got injured around or in the Derby game of Sept. 1st.  Since then, he's played in 7 of our 10 games. :no  No wonder he's gone off the boil quite significantly, after getting off to a flyer in August.  A fit Benayoun or Babel wouldn't have been a better option? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:17 am

i would like to ask that why, when we have this fantastic squad that is good enough to be rotated regularly without any risk of it upsetting the flow have we been persisting with a player with a bad injury.

the fact is the pro rotationers have been pointing towards the loss of alonso and agger as the reason for our poor form, totally missing the fact that w have a squad good enough for rotation the loss of agger and alonso shouldn't have any effect on us, we should just have the players to slot in their without braking an rhythm.
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion