Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 101

Postby Reg » Fri May 18, 2007 7:57 pm

If I was a Milan midfielder I'd crunch Harry in the first 5 minutes and help carry the stretcher off.

Whats the point of risking it? he's already fragile and in a big game like this he's begging for the big take out tackle which would use Liverpool's first substitute on the first quarter of the game - just like 2005.  Too much deja vu in this game !!!!!!!!

Sorry to be negative lads but I cant see the sense.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 18, 2007 8:32 pm

Reg wrote:If I was a Milan midfielder I'd crunch Harry in the first 5 minutes and help carry the stretcher off.

Whats the point of risking it? he's already fragile and in a big game like this he's begging for the big take out tackle which would use Liverpool's first substitute on the first quarter of the game - just like 2005.  Too much deja vu in this game !!!!!!!!

Sorry to be negative lads but I cant see the sense.

The alternative being?

I understand the concern, mate, but he really is the best option.  Arbeloa's recent dodgy form would make me a little hesitant to put him at LB and move Riise up to LM, which is really the only plausible alternative to Kewell.  Gonzales has shown no indication this season that he's ready for a game like this.  I'll take a partially fit Kewell over him every time.  As far as I'm concerned, Harry's more than worth the risk.  And, FWIW, I don't think Kewell's any more susceptible to getting injured from a crunching challenge than any of our other players.  He's not made of glass--he's short of match fitness after a year of having, and recovering from, a series of surgeries.  The bigger danger is him tiring and having no one to come on in his place.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Sat May 19, 2007 12:52 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Gerrard      Xabi Alonso      Maschereno    Kewell

That above me is potentially a world class midfield quartet. I know some have doubts over Xabi's "world class" status, but for me he is a world class footballer. Kewell another one some could raise eyebrows at, but when he's on form and free of injury - no-one can get near him.

Xabi is definatly a world class midfielder, his passing is sublime to watch at the best of times!

:bowdown  Liverpool Till I Die!
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby AussieKopite » Sat May 19, 2007 7:21 am

Isn't Gonzalez injured?

I thing Riise starting at LM, then after 60, sub off Arbeloa, move Riise back to LB and sub on Kewell.

See boys, I fixed it for yas...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sat May 19, 2007 8:01 am

I would love to see harry kewell have a blinder for us and I really do think he should play some part in this game. In an ideal world I'd bring him on as a sub early in the second half depending how things were going but I think he has to start really. While Riise could play wide left infront of Arbeloa I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that starting line up. Arbeloa seems to be a weak link at the moment and has under performed and made some bad mistakes in big games of late.
Riise LB and Kewell over Gonzalez ahead of him.....it is the way it has to be for me.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat May 19, 2007 2:31 pm

red_guy wrote:
mungi wrote:bring on kewell on the 50th min and watch him tear up milan

That would be great. Put him in the bench and 'release' him when Milan got tired.

When or if? I would go with 'if' Milan get tired. Going by their average age, I'd say they've the fittest team on the planet.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 20, 2007 2:26 am

Their average age is something like 30, our average age is something like 25.

If anything I'd say being younger and more supple is an advantage in fitness terms over a team that is a lot older.

I still think Milan have exceptional fitness levels, fitness levels that are probably superior to ours, I'm just questioning why you'd think them being older is an advantage in terms of fitness? ???

Or do you mean that given their age and subsequently being in such good condition at that age is something hard to match?
LFC2007

Postby mungi » Sun May 20, 2007 4:02 am

i think milans back 4 is suspectable to pace, especiialy if u put through balls (along ground) to the likes of bellamy and the wingers.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 am

mungi wrote:i think milans back 4 is suspectable to pace, especiialy if u put through balls (along ground) to the likes of bellamy and the wingers.

It'd be nice not to have to resort to long ball tactics tho...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wapunga » Sun May 20, 2007 11:55 am

Pretty silly if we don't play our best left sided player? Kewell's been very unlucky with injuries! Hopefully next season will have an injurie free season when he will show all the doubters what he can really do!
Wapunga

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Mon May 21, 2007 1:43 am

AussieKopite wrote:
mungi wrote:i think milans back 4 is suspectable to pace, especiialy if u put through balls (along ground) to the likes of bellamy and the wingers.

It'd be nice not to have to resort to long ball tactics tho...

Well said, its not very good to watch!

:bowdown  Liverpool Till I Die!
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion