They must win the uefa - cup final.... - ... but only if they play vålerenga !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:31 pm

And then Vålerenga must beat Newcastle! And they are playing as shi**y as L`pool these days ! Saw them vs Vålerenga on thursday, and it seems as they didn`t perform well yesterday either.
But seriously, can L`pool win the UEFA cup again ? I think yes, but they will probably meet Barcelona or Roma on their way - and that`s another ( cup of tea ? ) :D However , if planning to win you must take on whatever comes in your way, right !? :cool:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:35 pm

when playing well we are a far superior team than newcastle. the fact is neither team is fulfilling anywhere near their potential this season. realistically the uefa cup is going to be difficult. the teams to avoid are roma, valencia and celtic. if we showed even half the passion celtic show we'd have a better chance of winning it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:37 pm

Surely we can win the eufa cup again . We are suddenly hitting a little bit of good form . Baros looks sharp , Owen needs a goal and we should be ok . There isnt alot to be frightened of if we get our own house in order .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:40 pm

we won it last time due to an exceptional defensive record. clean sheets away to roma, porto, barcelona etc. i just can't see that happening this season because at the moment we don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet, especially away from home.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:04 pm

stmichael wrote:we won it last time due to an exceptional defensive record. clean sheets away to roma, porto, barcelona etc. i just can't see that happening this season because at the moment we don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet, especially away from home.

You know, it`s good enough to play draw away and win at home. I think it`s important for you local supporters to stand by your team in every way possible now.
It would be fantastic if the final is played between L`pool and our norwegian Rosenborg ( Stig and Vegards old club ) Dream on !   :cool:  :laugh:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:46 pm

Winning the Uefa Cup will salvage what is left of this season. It will be very hard of course. But it does not help if he keeps picking Heskey and now Murphy......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:52 pm

We won't win the UEFA Cup this season as long as Valencia are still in the competition.

They have wiped the floor with us the last couple of times we played them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:01 pm

Couple of points
1 Liverpool and Newcastle are both playing to their potential.  Newcastle have a halve descent team but the rely too much on Shearer.  Bellamy gives them a new deminsion but they are playing above their potential because they have a great manager! 
2 Liverpool have some exceptional players but they never seem to be in a system that compliments the strenghts of squad members.  They are not playing to their potential on paper but its a bloody miracle that they are even so close to fourth place with the formations being played, or with the positions some players have had to play.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:42 pm

Arsenal will win the league , and someone else the fa cup , Chelsea might win ferk all after all their spending its a peculiar season . So if we win either the eufa cup or 4th place or both surely its not so bad considering how badly we have played early on . We need to get real .
Middlesborough have won one cup in 128 years and they are over the moon . Although 3 teams have been competing up top all season only one stands out , Man Utd are faltering and Chelsea arnt living up to money paid out at all . It could all end pretty good for pool in the end .
:D
shilton_red

Postby big al » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:06 pm

Shilton mate thats the point middlesbrough are delighted but let me remind you  "THIS IS LIVERPOOL"  Can you imagine 13 years of Brasil being absent from the World cup.  People, get some perspective on this mediocrity.  THis is just not bloody good enough. Agh see I did'nt want to rant until the french t#s#er had left but you Houllier fans just make me lose it!  Too many Liverpool fans believe the cr#p!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:38 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:We won't win the UEFA Cup this season as long as Valencia are still in the competition.

They have wiped the floor with us the last couple of times we played them.

I`ve seen Valencia a couple of times lately, they no longer wipe ground with any1 ! Besides, if you`re planning on winning, you`ll have to beat them all ! :cool:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:43 pm

Ok so you get your way , Houllier goes , steps down overnight who do we bring in . There is no sudden fix , we cannot bring in players now .
People say Dalgleish , he came in last time with a ready made team , blamed stress and left before it all went wrong . He hadnt started to replace players and thats the start of the problems . He went to Celtic and ferked up there and blamed stress again left and gave John Barns all the problems . Great player but manager not so good i think . He got Blackburn the championship with lots of money , and was lucky in the end to win it . There is no easy fix guys .
shilton_red

Postby Supermarius » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:46 pm

I beg to differ! Martin Oneill is an easy fix! and if they dont want him or for watever reasons he doesnt want us ..Give Thommo the job until an easy fix becomes available.
With the record Liverpool have -I dont think too many managers would not want to manage Liverpool
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Levski » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:53 pm

Supermarius wrote:I beg to differ! Martin Oneill is an easy fix! and if they dont want him or for watever reasons he doesnt want us ..Give Thommo the job until an easy fix becomes available.
With the record Liverpool have -I dont think too many managers would not want to manage Liverpool

hey...TO WIN THE UEFA CUP YOU'LL HAVE TO BEET LEVSKI FIRST..WELL, THAT'S NOT GOIN' TO HAPPEN..but look at the bright side...at least you will have a new manager!!!!! :D  :D  :D
Levski

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:51 am

Yeah well you look on the bright side...we promise not to humiliate you tomorrow, by not putting more than 3 goals past you!! :laugh:  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion