Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 101

Postby Kharhaz » Thu May 17, 2007 11:56 pm

I think he should play, Zenden, Gonzalez or Kewell? no contest
Hes playing for his future, and I for one have liked what Ive seen end of season. Injurys are a part of being a footy player, harrys been one of the unlucky ones but its clear to see Rafa likes him when hes fit and so do I, weve got nothing to lose and everything to gain
PLAY HIM !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Fri May 18, 2007 1:25 am

Kharhaz wrote:I think he should play, Zenden, Gonzalez or Kewell? no contest
Hes playing for his future, and I for one have liked what Ive seen end of season. Injurys are a part of being a footy player, harrys been one of the unlucky ones but its clear to see Rafa likes him when hes fit and so do I, weve got nothing to lose and everything to gain
PLAY HIM !

You have a very good point there, we dnt have anything to lose and it'll be his chance to repay the fans after the way he went out in the last final.

:bowdown  Liverpool Till I Die!
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby Reg » Fri May 18, 2007 1:33 am

GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:weve got nothing to lose PLAY HIM !

You have a very good point there, we dnt have anything to lose

You lads might not have anything to lose but the rest of us prefer to win the european cup not lose it !!

The biggest night of the footy calendar and you want to risk playing a rusty Kewell?

Why not put Tony Blair in nets, he's out of a job as well.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Fri May 18, 2007 1:42 am

Reg wrote:
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:weve got nothing to lose PLAY HIM !

You have a very good point there, we dnt have anything to lose

You lads might not have anything to lose but the rest of us prefer to win the european cup not lose it !!

The biggest night of the footy calendar and you want to risk playing a rusty Kewell?

Why not put Tony Blair in nets, he's out of a job as well.....

Now, now be fair is was thinking more along the lines of depending on how we are going bring him on for the last 20mins.

GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby mungi » Fri May 18, 2007 1:50 am

bring on kewell on the 50th min and watch him tear up milan
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri May 18, 2007 2:36 am

mungi wrote:bring on kewell on the 50th min and watch him tear up milan

That would be great. Put him in the bench and 'release' him when Milan got tired.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Fri May 18, 2007 4:53 am

It all realy depends on what the score line is, as well as how threating milan are at that time in the game, if there playing counter or all out attack.

GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 18, 2007 5:55 am

noseybonk wrote:
Sabre wrote:I think that you have opened a new thread very well, quotes, personal explanation, and a question. :)

huh? wtf? patronising fecker  ??? it must get lonely up there on that pedestal of yours.

Shut up you c*nt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Fri May 18, 2007 6:28 am

now now take it easy fellas
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 am

From his impact he had when he came on against Charlton I think he should play some part in Athens.

His vision and passing allowed the team to surge forward. Add to that scoring a penalty, setting up another goal, and almost snapping the goal post. He gets my nod ahead of anyone else we have on the left wing. He also seems to have a great understanding with Gerrard in knowing where the runs will happen and where to place the ball for him.

Would a safer bet though, given that he is coming back from injury, be to actually start him ? Heaven forbid if he does pull something and need to come off, it would mean only using one sub. Imagine we sub him on with our last sub and then something does happen. Why take the risk some would say ? Because a Midfield consisting of Kewell Alonso Mascherano & Gerrard is a match for anything Milan can throw at us !!

Two things the Kewell bashes can never say is he doesnt have the ability and he isn't up for the big games (Barring injury)

Over to you Rafa !! What surprises will you show us in Athens !!
GLB1

Postby stmichael » Fri May 18, 2007 1:10 pm

well according to bascombe, zenden's probably out so it's looking more and more likely that kewell might start.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html

the other option of course would be to play arbeloa left back and riise left midfield.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri May 18, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 18, 2007 1:24 pm

I wouldn't mind Harry starting if I am being honest. I know he has only just come back from injury and seems to have this guarantee with him that he'll bring down in every major final but quite frankly, he is the best we have in that position.

Gerrard      Xabi Alonso      Maschereno    Kewell

That above me is potentially a world class midfield quartet. I know some have doubts over Xabi's "world class" status, but for me he is a world class footballer. Kewell another one some could raise eyebrows at, but when he's on form and free of injury - no-one can get near him.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I wouldn't mind Harry starting if I am being honest. I know he has only just come back from injury and seems to have this guarantee with him that he'll bring down in every major final but quite frankly, he is the best we have in that position.

That above me is potentially a world class midfield quartet. I know some have doubts over Xabi's "world class" status, but for me he is a world class footballer. Kewell another one some could raise eyebrows at, but when he's on form and free of injury - no-one can get near him.

My only worry with playing 4 in midfield is that Milan ripped us apart last time we played 4. Being out numbered in midfield is hard at the best of times, against players of Milans quality it might be a nightmare. 5 in midfield, keep it tight, and Milan will panic. Trust me  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 18, 2007 1:38 pm

s@int wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:I wouldn't mind Harry starting if I am being honest. I know he has only just come back from injury and seems to have this guarantee with him that he'll bring down in every major final but quite frankly, he is the best we have in that position.

My only worry with playing 4 in midfield is that Milan ripped us apart last time we played 4. Being out numbered in midfield is hard at the best of times, against players of Milans quality it might be a nightmare. 5 in midfield, keep it tight, and Milan will panic. Trust me  :D

For me though S@int thats what me, you and Milan will expect. Rafa likes to play games with the opposition and likes to keep them guessing.

No doubt Ancelotti will be in the Milan Lab this week, preparing his team for a match with Liverpool where he expects us to play a 4-5-1, he'll be working on it all week and then Rafa with throw a spanner in the works with 4-4-2. I 've seen it so many times this year, and its worked most of the time. Rafa has a personality trait where he likes to outsmart the manager of the other teams. I guess he takes great pride in his "master tactican" title the press are lavishing on him and he will try to outsmart Ancelotti here.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:07 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155965070518-1236.htm

confirmed now on the official website he is in doubt.

Maybe this could be an omen !! 

Could this mean that after so many failed attempts at finals this is Kewell's time.... Kewell's time to finally show the world what he can do... Show the world that in the biggest club game of the year he has the ability, the mentality and the passion to match it with the best.

As Rafa Dodd said... Kewell with Gerrard Xabi Alonso Maschereno are potentially a world class midfield. I would go one step further and say they if they are all on song and playing to their best there is no better quartet in the world currently!

Doubters can park their comments at the curb. We are on the home stretch leading up to the biggest game of the year. In my eyes even bigger than Istanbul. Not only are we playing for 07 pride, we are playing to validate our achievements of 05... To prove the people who say we were lucky in 05 wrong. Winning it this year will confirm that Liverpool is back !!! Back on our perch as  European champions !!!
GLB1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion