Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 101

Postby kazza » Tue May 15, 2007 11:33 am

s@int wrote:Kazza, I dont think Kewell would consider the time he has spent out with injury great mate. I don't think anyone likes having op's and struggling to regain fitness. No doubt one of the reasons he is so eager to sign a 5 year deal, is the fact that he has had long spells out with injury and he wants to secure his future. Can you blame him? Maybe ? You can't blame him for being injured though, its a risk every footballer takes. Did you blame Cisse for being injured?

If Kewell had come back fat or unfit maybe you would have had a point, but he has come back lean and mean, and if he manages to avoid injury for a few years could still be a major player for us.

I do not think that Kewell thinks that the time he was having ops was great, I just do not think that he should be painted as a victim. He has made a packet doing nothing.

He does look lean this time but he never did any of the other times he recouped from  long injuries. That was because he was on a long contract then and now he needs some other mug to resign him. He now wants to play in the final (and no doubt he will play well as his meal ticket has finished and he needs a new one) and to play for Australia in the summer. I have never doubted his talent only his motivation.

In the final however I doubt he will put himself about if the going gets tough, he will probably opt for the easier option of securing his meal ticket by playing well with Australia in the summer.

The problem I have with Kewell is that I have a good memory.

By the way, I did not blame Cisse for being injured, in fact it was the one thing I respected in him as he struggled to play again from a horrific injury. He showed heart and a refusal to accept his injury. Cisse always wanted to play.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 15, 2007 11:44 am

I'm gonna say no. it's one thing playing half an hour against fulham and Charlton but starting against a Milan side who keep the ball so well and really make you work to get it back is a completely different proposition.

Kewell coming from the bench when everyone is tired would be a much better idea.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mungi » Tue May 15, 2007 11:58 am

like i said before each final he was brought back too early from him being fully fit. at times he was playing at abou 70 per cent fitness. But rafa and houiller rate harry so highly that they were willing to risk harry pplaying not being full fit. this is y the managers r partly to blame for harrys injuries. he has broken through the pain barrier so many times its taken a toll on him. hopefully he will show all thses doubters wrng. YNWA
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 pm

He has a week to prove to Rafa that he is ready for the biggest game of his life.
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Tue May 15, 2007 3:44 pm

:buttrock  Come on Harry
grayghost

Postby AussieKopite » Wed May 16, 2007 7:06 am

Aussie link aside, I think he adds creativity to the side. Bring him on after about 60-70 minutes against some tired Milanese legs. Last time it seemed that his recovery was rushed both for the CL final and the FA Cup final but he's had a couple of substitute appearances to get him going and he's shown that creativity that's needed.

G'day everyone, long time no see.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:10 am

AussieKopite wrote:Aussie link aside, I think he adds creativity to the side. Bring him on after about 60-70 minutes against some tired Milanese legs. Last time it seemed that his recovery was rushed both for the CL final and the FA Cup final but he's had a couple of substitute appearances to get him going and he's shown that creativity that's needed.

I agree with you mate.

Infact you remind me of Kewell a bit, you havent been around for a while, yet when the CL finals on your back posting.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby mungi » Wed May 16, 2007 8:31 am

lol
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 am

He does look lean this time but he never did any of the other times he recouped from  long injuries. That was because he was on a long contract then and now he needs some other mug to resign him. He now wants to play in the final (and no doubt he will play well as his meal ticket has finished and he needs a new one) and to play for Australia in the summer. I have never doubted his talent only his motivation

Everton, Spurs, Chelses (F.A Semi's) never looked lean =S
duk

Postby AussieKopite » Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 am

Bamaga man wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:Aussie link aside, I think he adds creativity to the side. Bring him on after about 60-70 minutes against some tired Milanese legs. Last time it seemed that his recovery was rushed both for the CL final and the FA Cup final but he's had a couple of substitute appearances to get him going and he's shown that creativity that's needed.

I agree with you mate.

Infact you remind me of Kewell a bit, you havent been around for a while, yet when the CL finals on your back posting.  :D

lol, I'll cop that one. I've been working for a different firm, but I'm thinking of working for the gov so I figure stuff it, it CL final time, its much more important that what my soon to be ex-employers want.

Also I've been managing a football team in Brisbane...

Actually I am like Kewell, when I'm in form I dazzle even the best opposition... lol
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:37 am

Where abouts in Brisbane ?
66-1112520797

Postby AussieKopite » Wed May 16, 2007 9:42 am

Bamaga man wrote:Where abouts in Brisbane ?

I manage Kangaroo Point Rovers met 4 team.

Visit KPRFC
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Thu May 17, 2007 5:33 am

He has showed that he's coming back extremly strong, but given that hes still a ? for me because of game time.

:bowdown  Liverpool Till I Die!
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby mungi » Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 am

yeh , dont worry, rafa wil sort it out
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 pm

In Raf we trust.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<