Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kewell has final chance? - Should kewell play in cl final?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 101

Postby red37 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Champions League Final....Uruguay...Argentina....Asian Cup?

Quite a hectic schedule coming up H.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kingred » Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 pm

i know what your saying but am just glad hes back but he did look bleeding sharp didnt he    :D
kingred

Postby red37 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:49 pm

kingred wrote:i know what your saying but am just glad hes back but he did look bleeding sharp didnt he    :D

He did. But we musnt get carried away here. The lad has one eye on Singapore, lets be truthful. Id like nothing more than a fully functional Harry Kewell on board in this current side. But whether or not we will get to reap any of his considerable benefits in time before he gets crocked again out in Asia is anybody' guess.

But hell yeah...good to see the lad back. Lets hope he gets the rub of the green for a decent stretch this time.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mungi » Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am

guys dont forget that harry when picked for all the finals was half fit and carrying many injuries. Rafa and particulry Houllier fked up harry because the kept on picking him even though he wasnt fully fit. he looks good now on his comeback matches and it looks like he has regained some of his pace back. i think he should come off the bench in the final and play 60mins, run past miilans old tiring legs. good 1st post no?
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:52 am

no     :D
112-1077774096

Postby mungi » Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 am

man im crying, how could u do this too me:p
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:58 am

haha, only joking
112-1077774096

Postby tubby » Tue May 15, 2007 8:59 am

I think he should definatley be an option all be it even as a sub but if Rafa thinks hes fit enough to play as a starter then thats his perogative.

Id rather have him though starting rather than Zenden or Gonzales.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue May 15, 2007 9:01 am

im very doubtful harry can last the 90 mins. if he comes on say the 50-60 min then he could do some damage. plus he can be a handy pen taker if it goes to shootouts
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 am

Harry Kewell has revealed he would be happy to spend the rest of his career at Liverpool.

The Australian has endured a miserable season for Liverpool after returning from last summer's World Cup finals with groin and foot injuries.

Kewell made his long-awaited return to action last weekend against Fulham and he came off the bench on Sunday to rescue a 2-2 draw with Charlton scoring a last-minute penalty.

The 28-year-old, who has just over a year to run on his current contract, has invited the club to offer him a new deal to keep him at Anfield for the long-term.

"If it came around that I had to sign another contract for another five (seasons), for the rest of my life then I will, because it's a fantastic club," Kewell told SBS.

Kewell is also hoping to be involved in Australia's Asian Cup campaign in July after a frustrating spell on the sidelines.

"I've rested for 11 months. I just want to start playing football, competitive games and get back into the action again," added Kewell.

"I've missed that and if everything goes well and Liverpool give me the go ahead, I would love to play in the Asian Cup with Australia, because I think it's a great opportunity."

Typical, he is only getting himself ready to play for Australia. He will be fit and up for it as long as he signs a new contract and then he will get injured for the next year. I pray we do not sign him as he plays for himself. It bothers me that they make him a victim when he has made a bundle of money for doing nothing. People need to wise up about Kewell. This last year must have been great for him. I would put any team player before him on the left against Milan just out of principle (bring back Traore).

The only Liverpool players I would slate are the ones that play for themselves. Kewell is their poster child. Sure he would want to sign for another five years with the club, and yes we are fantastic. It would be ineresting to see his eagerness to sign for this "great club" if they offer him a pay cut. It is right that footballers make money on their talent, but they have to give back more than false promise.

:veryangry
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Tue May 15, 2007 10:46 am

I'd play him... we've got quantity but not necessarily a lot of quality down our left... on an avg day... kewell has more quality than the lot we have now...
blur

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 15, 2007 10:48 am

Kazza, I dont think Kewell would consider the time he has spent out with injury great mate. I don't think anyone likes having op's and struggling to regain fitness. No doubt one of the reasons he is so eager to sign a 5 year deal, is the fact that he has had long spells out with injury and he wants to secure his future. Can you blame him? Maybe ? You can't blame him for being injured though, its a risk every footballer takes. Did you blame Cisse for being injured?

If Kewell had come back fat or unfit maybe you would have had a point, but he has come back lean and mean, and if he manages to avoid injury for a few years could still be a major player for us.
account deleted by request

Postby oakton » Tue May 15, 2007 10:55 am

I think Kewell should be a sub, come in at the 60th min.  If we are behind at half time, he is coming in straight at the 2nd half.
oakton

Postby noseybonk » Tue May 15, 2007 11:01 am

Sabre wrote:I think that you have opened a new thread very well, quotes, personal explanation, and a question. :)

huh? wtf? patronising fecker  ??? it must get lonely up there on that pedestal of yours.
noseybonk

Postby oakton » Tue May 15, 2007 11:03 am

can download the interview here, the interview took place before the Charlton game

Kewell SBS Interview

oakton

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion