china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat May 05, 2007 9:00 am

redhayesy wrote:i can remember when he came on as sub in the luton cup game (thinking he won"t make much difference) how wrong was i! & feckin glad i was wrong cause without pongolle that day we might not have turned the game round
he scored 2 brilliant goals that day,for that i thank pongolle GOOD LUCK LAD, BEST WISHES.

And Olympiakos 08/12/04. Came on as a half time sub for Eeyore and scored within a couple of minutes to set us up for a cracking finale and help us on our way to the final

Sinama Pongolle

9 goals in 63 appearances (41 appearances as sub)

Maybe not many goals but how crucial are most of them? Didn't help him that he was used predominantly as a sub

1 vs Leeds Utd (h) W3-1 : came on as a second half sub and scored the third to make 3 points safe

1 vs Bolton (h) W3-1 : scored the second, Smicer adding the third before Bolton pulled one back

1 vs Tottenham (a) D1-1 : League Cup, equalised to take it to penalties, we would have gone out otherwise and not reached the final

1 vs Real Betis (a) W2-1 : got us off to a flier, scored in the 2nd minute and we were 2-0 up in no time

1 vs Olympiakos (h) W3-1 : came on as half-time sub to score Liverpool's first at 1-0 down as we needed 3 to go through

1 vs West Brom (a) W5-0 : scored the second in an easy win

1 vs Southampton (h) W1-0 : scored the only goal of the game

2 vs Luton Town (a) W5-3 : came on as sub and turned the game from 3-1 down

We never lost when he scored, albeit 9 goals isn't enough to make that hugely significant P8 W7 D1 L0 F23 A8. We have to thank him for his part in progress to THREE cup finals :-

League Cup final in 2004/5 - without his equaliser we'd have gone down in extra time.

Champions League final 2004/5 - had he not come on and sparked some life into the team we might well have gone out to Olympiakos

FA Cup final 2005/6 - he came on and changed the game from 3-1 down

I thought Blackburn would keep him but they decided not to. He's only 22 now, I wonder if we shouldn't have kept him.
Last edited by Owzat on Sat May 05, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 05, 2007 11:34 am

never expected him to come back to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Good luck to the lad - hope he shines !

(though history says he won't - Owen, Baros, Berger [where's Igor Igor], Diouf, Diop Diarra, Warnock, Mellor etc etc - looks like the death knell ay :(  )
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 09, 2007 1:49 pm

Talking of St Michael, anyone read the newspaper that claims he has a £9m get out clause? For £9m I'd risk Owen, we could get most of £9m back from selling Bellamy or Crouch and have X times the quality of striker. And he'd have the motivation to get fit and stay fit, he won't get that with the prospect of playing for the barcodes and their intertotalcrap campaigns
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby curly_whirly » Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Damn Shame if i may so say. I was a big fan of his when he was here and thought he would have done wonders for us. But obviously it wasn't meant to be. Gd luck to him, all the best!
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion