Pongolle wants out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:42 am

Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle has conceded he has asked to leave The Reds due to a lack of first-team opportunities this season.

The 19-year-old French striker was a bright prospect under Gerard Houllier, but has been frozen out under new boss Rafa Benitez this term.

Pongolle admits getting a starting role at Liverpool is difficult, following the big-money summer arrival of Djibril Cisse, but is willing to work for his place.

"I am not playing and have asked to leave," explained Pongolle to the News of the World. "All I want to do is play.

"The coach (Benitez) doesn't want me to go so I don't know what will happen.

"The fact he will not let me leave must mean he has confidence in me. That is fine if I am given a chance.

"It is not easy to earn your place, especially at a club like Liverpool but the only thing I can do is keep working.

"I am still young, but I need to be playing
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:44 am

i think it will be hard to give him a place in the team , but i dont think we will get much for him if we sell him
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:54 am

we need 2 loan the geezer out and give him experience like le tallec and once we get morientes it will be even harder for the youngster
gerrard_steven

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:07 pm

well it looks like we are in for mista again as well, for a cut price 1 million i heard. they will sell him for virtually nothing in january as he wont sign a new contract. pongolle wont geta  look in then. we should loan him to blackpool i reckon. hed fit in well at norwich tho, with huckerby the pace between the  2 could be good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:27 pm

I dont think Pongolle will make the grade.  I think Le Tallac shows more potential.

They're both 20 which doesn't make them ancient, but they do need to start making big steps forward.

Pongolle won't get a chance and unless Le Tallac impresses on loan then their days are numbered.
I cannot see us getting much.

REMEMBER:  We paid Le Havre £3M each in Spet 2001.  We are talking about £6M worth of assets!
spud

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:28 pm

He needs to toughen up a bit. A loan spell in the Championship with someone like West Ham or Ipswich would be good for him.
If we were to sell Baros, he might get his chance then.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:30 pm

He needs to toughen up a bit. A loan spell in the Championship with someone like West Ham or Ipswich would be good for him.
If we were to sell Baros, he might get his chance then.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby long sleeved joe » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:57 pm

The lads making a mistake wanting out because over the course of this season Baros, Cisse or Garcia will get injured and then he will get a chance to play at a top premiership club and maybe in the champs lge. He wont get a chance at a club as big as L'pool if we sell him now- he just needs a bit of patience like Kirkland.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:31 pm

Redrider wrote:If we were to sell Baros, he might get his chance then.

at this current situation, i rather sell cisse than baros...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:13 pm

He is not good enough to play in the first team yet and I do agree that he need to play first team football to get experience and confidence perhap send him to League championship's clubs would be useful for him. No need him to get back to France, I don't want that, cos it would be better to play in English Football than poxy French football!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:37 pm

Pongolle is a good play but for a smaller team as I don't think he has what it takes to play at Liverpool's level.  I'm not a big fan of small strikers as defenders in the EPL are big and strong and it is easy to isolate Pongolle out of the game :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:45 pm

we should give pongolle a chance. If i am not wrong, he was the top scorer for some youth world cup for france. So he has the ability to score goals. He just needs to compose himself more at this level.

We should loan him out to clubs like west ham.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:16 pm

personally ive never heard of him
but it just shows his youth inexperience wanting out
if he was smart he would say a loan to someone would be good maybe even to someone like aston villa would be a good thing for the guy
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:03 pm

Time to get Mista, for free. Everything so far has shown that Mista will be walking out on Valencia and joining us, especilly since he has the same agent as Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:32 pm

Hmmmm, Mista again.  I've been hearing that name a lot but I wonder how many people here have actually seen him play reguarly?  To me he's not the sort of striker who would do well in the premiership, too little pace and without the dribbling skills.  He has excellent positional knowledge which helps him get into good positions to score, but only if he gets the service.  Maybe with Alonso and Gerrard he would receive the right service but in general I dont think the style of the premiership is well suited to him.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion