Recreativo de huelva - Collaboration agreement

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Link in Spanish

Translation in a nutshell:

In exchange of a cheaper signing up of Pongolle (right now he's on loan), Liverpool FC will use Recreativo de Huelva as a "bridge" team to test their players

Miki Roque, Anderson, Guthrie,  Mascherano and CB Paletta are the players in which Recreativo is interested. Apparently LFC would receive aswell first option for Recreativo players.

I see this agreement in the context that Rafa is not happy with the level of competition of the reserve leagues and that he'd preffer to use Recreativo as a place in which those players have competitive games.

I'd be very surprised if Rafa got rid of Mascherano on loan though
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:45 pm

Sounds interesting....
sworth26

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:03 pm

Sabre wrote:Link in Spanish

Translation in a nutshell:

In exchange of a cheaper signing up of Pongolle (right now he's on loan), Liverpool FC will use Recreativo de Huelva as a "bridge" team to test their players

Miki Roque, Anderson, Guthrie,  Mascherano and CB Paletta are the players in which Recreativo is interested. Apparently LFC would receive aswell first option for Recreativo players.

I see this agreement in the context that Rafa is not happy with the level of competition of the reserve leagues and that he'd preffer to use Recreativo as a place in which those players have competitive games.

I'd be very surprised if Rafa got rid of Mascherano on loan though

You cant loan out a player who you have loaned yourself old chap.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:10 pm

True :)

What are the exact conditions of his loan though? is there a buy option -I missed that bit of Mascherano thread.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:28 pm

im under some impression that we have infact signed JM permanently. That is the idea ive got- dont ask me how 

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Elchris » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:34 pm

sounds very good....are we allowed to do that..it will benefite both the clubs
Elchris

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Before you ask me, no, there's not players in recreativo that could be interesting. Perhaps Cazorla... and still... not sure. Uche their striker is good, but not good enough to improve what we have. Pongolle, well he's a player I rate, but you already know him.

That's why I think this agreement is more thought on giving the likes of Paletta and Guthrie a competitive spell in the Spanish liga.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:55 pm

I don't really see the point in signing Spanish league players and then loaning them back to La Liga clubs to gain experience. Think about it, a young player from a Latin culture comes to England, has to deal with the culture, language, food, weather and totally different football culture. He struggles at first as he is a fish out of water, but after about 9 months his English gets better and he starts to settle down. It makes no sense to uproot him and send him back to a Latin country, forgetting all the harsh lessons he learns in England.

If we are loaning young players out it should be to British sides, either to lower division sides like Crewe or possibly to a Scottish league side. For example, if we were to send the likes of Roque or Paletta to a team like St. Mirren for a season they would be almost certainly guaranteed 35 games or so in a tough (for them) climate and in a league not entirely dissimilar in culture to the Premiership. Sending them to Spain is a backwards step for the club as the Latin players might find it hard to motivate themselves to return to wet and wind beaten blighty and hanker for a move back to La Liga.
Last edited by JBG on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:21 pm

JBG wrote:or possibly to a Scottish league side. For example, if we were to send the likes of Roque or Paletta to a team like St. Mirren for a season they would be almost certainly guaranteed 35 games or so in a tough (for them) climate and in a league not entirely dissimilar in culture to the Premiership.

on paper that sounds like a perfectly reasonable suggestion JBG. One thats Feasible however?  quite probably not..(perhaps with good reason) with due respect to our friends North of Carlisle..

The scottish leagues below 3rd spot in the top tier have little else to play for realistically, other than the spirit of the game within which they ALL participate. (That sounds extremely unfair to say, but it is inescapable regardless) Theirs is a hierarchy that is simply unrealistic to the other sides whose ambitions do not lie upon foreign shores (ie the UEFA tournaments). The idea that each of the remaining teams in the SPL (excluding the two obvious) might garner a number of 'hot properties' from the top sides in the English Leagues (and im not talking solely about the PREM).
Could, in the grand scheme of things..eg Rafa Benitez/Jose Mourinho's plans, find a workable platform for their experimentation.

Like i say though, Politically/Geographically and more to the point, Patriotically. I dont see it transpiring. Good idea though.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Sounds interesting.  Don't know anything about RDH.  What can you tell us about them Sabre?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Kash: Recreativo de Huelva is the oldest team in Spain. His first line up were 11 english men -- yep you hear right, as it was founded by english men.

They're a humble team now. They were promoted this year and made 15 signings!!! basically players on loan, and players discarded by bigger clubs.

Their secret is their coach. They play with much order, their back 4 manages to leave you off side often. They have pace up front and they've succeeded with a simple and classic yet effective football.

I see where's JBG coming from. The main point of this agreement IMHO is to loan our players in a competitive league rather than having them in the reserves team.

In Spain they will also play in pitches full of mud, the north is rainy. The grass is short and the ball moves quickly, and the pitch is watered to make it even faster some minutes before the match starts.

My point is that players like Guthrie or Paletta will be get used to play in a fast football where few mistakes are allowed, a football in which you must control and give it fast or you're dispossesed.

A good player is a good player everywhere mates. Here the segunda is physical, tough matches. Alonso excelled in Segunda. Alonso excelled in primera. And Alonso excelled in Premiership. Good footballers do not care about the slight differences of different leagues -- which are similar in level.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:56 pm

Would rather loan players out in the Premirship or the Championship, but it may be useful for some of the younger domestic players to have the opportunity to play a more cultured game.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:58 pm

Cheers for that Sabre.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:45 pm

That would be very good,hopefuly none of this becomes premanent and the players actually come back to us.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:34 pm

crewe alexandra  should be our feeder club IMHO it's local and it has a fantantic manager and setup that   knows how to produce young players
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion