Pongolle

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:58 am

This guy just looks like the new heskey to me.
hope he leaves sooner rather than later.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:00 am

he played 1 sh1t match against spurs and he's head is already being called for. he looked very promisin last year and scored some good goals. just give him a chance. we're all entitled to an off-day or two
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:28 am

i think pongolle is the most suitable replacement of owen since i know he's the little giant killer who can adapt the liverpool football style but he's still young and lack of experinces.

it's nice to see him on the field. why not we loan him out to let him gain more useful lesson in other team such like the gunners's jermaine pennant?
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:41 am

Heskey was a one-off, one-off because he was such a big flop considering his transfer cost to Liverpool yet strangely played in a large number of matches.

Pongolle is still very young and has shows good performances last year. We should give him a bit more exposure before calling him another heskey.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:49 am

We couldn't loan him out because then we'd only have two strikers.  Its also more than a little unfair to call him the 'new heskey' after just 1 bad game in the entire season  :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:20 am

There'll be no other Heskey under Rafa. Pongolle was a talented youngster when we brought him in and he will establish under Rafa, I believe. GH is famous for his capability in converting certain players into 'pigmies'.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:33 am

On the floor Pongolle looks a good future prospect but he's too small against big EPL defenders :(

I hope he gets a few goals this season to boost his confidence :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:43 am

DAV wrote:This guy just looks like the new heskey to me.
hope he leaves sooner rather than later.

Say What ? ??? Boy u crazy :p  He's still got a few rough edges but he's no Heskey.  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:45 am

I think if cisse played with pongolle we might see a big diffrence ok he might be small for the EPL deffenders but he can also run rings round them he played well last year what we seen of him with the right nurturing he could become a big hit for us and we cant loan him out we would have no one left an reports in the paper this morning looks like Raffas run out of cash so we wont be gettin anyone new till january his main worry is the defence if any area need sorting out its this one and i dont think Raffa was a happy chappy with the defence on saturday ok it was only man city but imagine arsenal we would be destroyed i love carra but i think his bottle goes a bit escpecially when we play arsenal we need it sorting out if we have got any chance of achieving anything this season i agree to sell traore to everton but finnan im not to sure about so maybe get a good defender on the cheap surely in div1 there must be 1 good one that would relish playin for us and wouldnt be that expensive.
oh and btw we got a spanish ref tonight from real sociedad lets hope he gives a lot of desisions our way and not to the opposition :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:56 am

Pongolle is a very promising youngster and some of you are being too critical. He got us so many penalty kick last season and was very effective. He got speed and skill. Just look at the defender reaction when he has the ball, they never stay too close because scare of his first step. Pongolle would become a very good player for LFC. Maybe some of you should watch more football to know better.:D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:04 am

Paul C wrote:On the floor Pongolle looks a good future prospect but he's too small against big EPL defenders :(

I hope he gets a few goals this season to boost his confidence :)

Totally disagree mate, yes Pongolle is small but that is only a problem if you bang balls up to him like he's Jan Koller ! Owen was not exactly a giant, and the best ever player in epl (Henry aside) was Zola, and he was tiny. :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:53 am

Another idiotic post by DAV.

I'd take an on form Owen ahead of anyone.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby Red_Si » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:31 am

Yes, give the kid a chance. Pongolle is a fast, skilfull player.
Heskey was just a big, lumbering oaf and one of the clumsiest Premiership players ever.
Red_Si

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:56 am

i think Pongolle would be far more effective if he didn't play so deep, get the lad in the box and I think he'd bang them in for fun.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:14 am

STU
I can have an opinion and a say
u may not agree but tuff
i read your posts and most of the others and like to see what others think of our team, manager and progress
U don't seem like the kind of person who anyone can have a Sensible debate with.
So why bother posting???
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion