Pongolle joins recreativo - Diao to follow?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:37 pm

Florent Sinama-Pongolle has signed a one-year loan deal with Recreativo de Huelva.

The 21-year-old has struggled to convince Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez of his ability since the Spaniard took over from Gerard Houllier at Anfield.

He became a peripheral figure last season and was loaned out to Blackburn for the tail end of the campaign.

Sinama-Pongolle had been strongly linked with a move to Osasuna this summer, while Lyon were also reported to be interested, but he has instead opted for newly-promoted Liga side Recreativo.

The forward will spend the entire season at the Estadio Nuevo Colombino but the terms of the agreement contain no option of a permanent deal, meaning he will return to Liverpool next summer.

Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao has also been tipped to seal a move to Recreativo before the transfer window shuts.

The Senegal international is well down the pecking order at Anfield and is expected to be loaned out to keep him playing more regularly.

Benitez is also reportedly weighing up what to do to do with defender Jan Kromkamp, with PSV Eindhoven in the running to snap him up.

---------------------------

The article says a loan deal but when the deal was announced on Sky sports they said a permanent undisclosed fee. Pongo like mellor will go down in history for his part against Olympiakos. He chipped in a with a few goals but in the end wasn't really good enough.

Thanks Pongolle. Good luck.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:43 pm

fuc.kin hell its all going off today :D sad to see him go TBH, his pen against spurs when we beat them with our kids and his part in the luton and olympiakos comebacks, i think hes a good little player but it just didnt work out for him.

Allez allez sinama pongolle
Allez allez sinama pongelle
Allez allez sinama pongelle

good luck flo-po lad, hope your a hit in the la liga

as for diao, thank christ if its true :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:43 pm

if diao is off on loan i will personally drive him to the airport.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:45 pm

Bit surprised the target team is Recreativo. THey're some sort of Sunderland or WBA with all due respect :( . Historically though, They're the oldest team in Spain. They were founded by 11 english men that were working around there. Their first line up was fully english.

Pongo deserves a better team footballistically, although Recre has all my respects. He'll be in the starting eleven all the games, that's for sure, perhaps that's one of the keys of that being the choice, as several teams are looking for forwards on loan around here.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:54 pm

Sabre wrote:footballistically

Cool word.  :D
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:58 pm

If Diao has only gone on loan, i'll be gutted because it means he'll almost certainly be back.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:59 pm

anyone know how much they got for him?
Lee2k6

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:00 pm

It's sad to see him go, because I always thought he was a very good player and he could well of became a top class striker here. It's not to be sadly and never was, so I'm pleased that he's found a team that will give him the games he needs in order to develop further, I'd like to see him break into the International scene someday.

I wish him all the best, it's ashame he couldn't attract a bigger club with higher aspirations, but as the saying goes beggers can't be choosers.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:20 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
Sabre wrote:footballistically

Cool word.  :D

Yup, Sabre's coined a gem, there!  :D

On the news...

I heard the Diao deal was to be permanent...will keep the fingers crossed on that one.

As for FSP, I'm a bit saddened by this news, TBH.  Not for us, mind, but for him.  We've now got a strike force to be proud of and I just don't see him getting a look-in for us again.  So, given that, a permanent move to a decent La Liga (Osasuna) or League 1 (Lyon) side would have been ideal for the lad.  I'd hate to see him return to us in a year's time still unsettled and with little chance of slotting into the squad here.  Hopefully, his season in Spain will impress a good club and they'll come in with a permanent deal for him.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:If Diao has only gone on loan, i'll be gutted because it means he'll almost certainly be back.

:D  This time he wont thank feck, cause he only has one year left on his contract, so he has gone on a free, in the echo it said, he recieves an enourmous amount in wages  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:37 pm

Up until the game at Old Trafford last season I'd never had anything but nice things to say about Pongolle. I really liked the lad. Then I saw him grinning and high fiving Evra at the final whistle, and my opinion of him changed.

The comments he made about scousers supporting Everton was the final straw. Thats where the negativity comes from, it wasn't there before.

Having said that, he was still a far better player than Cisse.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jkop » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:57 pm

Thought FSP was a good footballer, just a pity he wasnt allowed to establish himself more in our forward line, saying that i have every confidence in our strikers so good luck to FSP whatever happens. :)
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:14 pm

FSP is a really good player.... hope he doesnt move to recreativo on a permenant deal... im sure he'll be a massive hit in spain ! he's fast and got the skills and all, just wasnt given the chance at liverpool ! If he does well, i'll be glad to see him back in our squad next season!
as for Diao.... aDIAOs mate !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:33 pm

I tell you what, if Diao leaves, that'll put the lid on a fantastic summer's business for the club.

As for Pongolle, I'm indifferent really. I always liked him as a player, but looking at the squad now he's nowhere near the first 11. I hoped he'd explode when he got loaned out, but his time at Blackburn just seemed to highlight all of his shortcomings as opposed to bringing out the best in him.

Maybe if we hadn't signed Pennant he'd be an option for right mid, but as a striker it'd take maybe five injuries to get him on the pitch.
ivor_the_injun

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:41 pm

i feel sorry for him and ALT - they're good and still young.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion