Fabio - Only out 3-4 months?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:33 pm

According to both lfc.tv and espnsoccernet it says that Fabio is out UP TO 4 months with a ruptured achilies.  If this is the case I would consider Fabio lucky to be able to start the next season after having such a horrific thing happen to him.  Hope he comes back without losing any pace.  Does anyone think that when they say out for 4 months that he wont be able to start rehabilitating until 4 months from now? or does it mean he will be fit in 4 months?
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 pm

I don't know enough about achilies injuries to be any authority on the subject but four months for a ruptured one suggests either wild optimism or that medical science continues to improve really rapidly.

That aside I'm really glad that before he got injured Aurelio had convinced almost everybody that he is a good player. At the start of the season when one or two had doubts I was pretty sure then that there was nothing much to worry about and as it doesn't happen very often I must say it's nice to be proven right for once.      :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:56 pm

I know a bit about Achilles injuries because the last three in the Spanish liga have been of Real Sociedad players -- don't ask.

It's a tricky injury but by no means will mean that his career is over.

The injury requieres 3-4 months to come back to continuous runs (running constantly with no bursts of pace, or changing directions, or sprints), and then requires about a month of patient and slow recovery untill the "fear" to make jumps and stop suddenly or make sharp movements is dissapeared.

This injury is also tricky because it has a higher risk of re-occurance, and might lose the work of recovery of 4 months in a bad movement -- also happened to a Real Sociedad player, Kovacevic.

But LFC has good proffessionals or at least have that reputation since Xabi Alonso has invited his brother and other Spaniards to receive treatment and second opinion to Melwood facilities in the last months.

They'll fix it. 4-5 months, me thinks.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:07 am

Good news that he'll be back for pre season.

I'm not a doctor, never have been, and not likely to be one in the future  but I had feared for his career according to what some were saying.

Good news.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Well seeing as hardly any of us know much about the injury, here's a site dedicated to informing us of an achilles tendon injuries.

Apparantly they can take up to 6 months to heal:

Achilles Injuries

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:23 pm

If i'm honest as soon as he done it I thought Christmas at the earliest.

If this is accurate then its very good news.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:38 pm

i hope hes fit for pre-season as he was starting to show his class before yet another injurie hit

for me hes a top class footballer and is as good at delivering crosses as any player in the game, plus if he'd played more games this season im sure he would have stuck a few free kicks in the top corner
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion