Director resigns - Noel white

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:27 pm

LIVERPOOL FC PRESS STATEMENT

Paul Eaton 31 October 2006 

Liverpool Football Club announce that Mr Noel White has resigned from the Board of the Club with immediate effect. The move follows Mr White's confirmation that he was the Director quoted in an article which appeared in a national newspaper last week. 
The Club's Chairman Mr David Moores said: "This is very sad for both the Club and Mr White who has been a valuable member of the Board for 21 years.

“However, the Board considers that the statements made do not reflect its own views and that this is not the Liverpool way of doing business. The proper place for debate is around the boardroom table.

“It is vital that we pull together at all times whether on the field or off it.

"It has to be said that at the first available opportunity on the day the article appeared Mr White was completely honest in telling me that he was responsible for it. He recognised that this made his position on the Board quite untenable and he did the honourable thing by resigning.”

Mr White said: "It is with great regret that I have tendered my resignation as a Director of the Club.

“For the 21 years I have had the privilege of being a Director of this great institution my guiding principle has been to act in the best interests of the Club.

“In view of the controversy caused by comments in a national newspaper, attributed to an anonymous director, and the effect this has had on the Chairman, my fellow Directors, the Manager and many supporters, I feel the honourable course is to resign. Indeed, my guiding principle dictates that this is the only course.

"It was never my intention to cause such controversy, nor did I envisage that my remarks would receive such widespread coverage. I recognise, however, that I must take responsibility for my actions even though the outcome was not what I intended.

“I have always received a great deal of support and friendship from the Chairman, the Board, the Club and staff and I hope and believe I have reciprocated. I continue to wish them, the Manager, the Players and all associated with Liverpool Football Club every possible success.”

Both the Club and Mr White now regard the matter as closed and will be making no further comment.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:46 pm

I can't believe he didn't realise the controversy this would cause. Well atleast he's done one thing right in resigning.

I've got no simpathy at all , he shown a total lack of loyalty to the club , manager and supporters.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 pm

I had my suspicions it was him. At the end of the day his comments do not help the team of the manager. The guy was careless to do such a thing. I'm afrtaid he couldn't have been more wrong. He has shown disrespect to everyone involved in the club. We don't need people like that on the board who do not have confidence in the manager.

Good riddance
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 pm

Fully back the club on this.  Commendations for acting so quickly and efficiently on this.  Noel White had to go. 

We're not fucking Newcastle United.  I can't believe he came out with his shit in the first place.  For someone who had been there 21 years did the guy lose his marbles or something?
jonnymac1979

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:50 pm

21 years right though Souness, Evans and Houllier and he choses now to have a go.
And he didn`t think it would get any coverage what a tit.
Does that make a space on the board?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:50 pm

theres got to be more to it than what we know if u ask me. Hes been there over 20 years and just comes out with something out of the blue?

sounds weird to me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 pm

Noel gob :censored:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 pm

So directors job up for grabs . . . . Any takers???

Start pimping up your CV :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:46 pm

Rush Job wrote:21 years right though Souness, Evans and Houllier and he choses now to have a go.
And he didn`t think it would get any coverage what a tit.
Does that make a space on the board?

There was nothing wrong with Roy Evans management. I did say in a thread about a week ago it was him.
67-1161385641

Postby joko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:47 pm

can someone be that stupid overnite? weird  ???
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:13 pm

Like Adam I thought straight away when I heard about these comments it'd be him. For years I've had an axe to grind with this pillock; I've always had suspicions about him forcing King Kenny out of the job permanently, I've heard 'RUMOURS' about him and the transfers under Souness but we'll leave that alone for now  :;): . There has always been something about him to me that made me think that he was only pulling for himself and not for LFC.
As RUSH JOB said we've had the Souness and the later Houllier years and NOW he chooses to start gobbing off in the media about poor results and the managers methods. Having served 21 years on the board of the club you'd think by now he'd know the way the club conducts itself and to make comments in public criticising the manager (whose delivered the European and FA cup in his first two years) ain't gonna cause controversy is it?

T1T
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:19 pm

There obviously must be some sort of hidden agenda in all of this, maybe he is linked with Morgan and a possible takeover.
At the end of the day despite any recent poor results our club has been in far more worrying positions while White has been a director and he's said f'ck all, so something doesnt add up.
The club have done the right thing by dealing with this as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:There obviously must be some sort of hidden agenda in all of this, maybe he is linked with Morgan and a possible takeover.
At the end of the day despite any recent poor results our club has been in far more worrying positions while White has been a director and he's said f'ck all, so something doesnt add up.
The club have done the right thing by dealing with this as quickly and efficiently as possible.

You might be right ACE however I just wonder if you're looking for a conspiracy that ain't there. Either way it's good riddance.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:42 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:There obviously must be some sort of hidden agenda in all of this, maybe he is linked with Morgan and a possible takeover.

You might be right ACE however I just wonder if you're looking for a conspiracy that ain't there. Either way it's good riddance.

Maybe i am, it just doesnt make sense, with most of the previous managers we have been in far worse positions and White has said nothing. Rafa wins the Champions league and the F.A cup in two seasons and gets publicly slated (something that has never happened) ???
Whatever the reasoning i think we are all glad that the club dealt with things so quickly.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:55 pm

dawson99 wrote:theres got to be more to it than what we know if u ask me. Hes been there over 20 years and just comes out with something out of the blue?

sounds weird to me

You're right I'm sure. He's sat thru Houllier, the new stadium fiasco, the Moores/Morgan saga, on/off take over deals with dodgy Thais (the guy suffered a coup FFS!!) unknown arabs and yanks and god knows whatelse recently - at 76 he's probably wondering what the BH is going on.

A guy who's been a director and LFC fanatic for 21 years doesnt simply open his mouth and blurt. Tell you, if he feels like that then he's not alone.

I'm a great admirer of Moores and I'm against any Get him out talk, but, he MUST get the ship back on an even keel IN THE BOARD ROOM.  Folks are clearly becoming disillusioned and losing patience.

John Smith, Peter Robinson......... miss you!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion