Bullets and the courage to do the shooting - Noel white

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:33 am

Am I alone in thinking Noel Whites resignation was slightly out of character for a man so obviously steeped in Liverpool tradition , I mean why does a respected member of the board who has endured 16 veritably lean years in terms of   Liverpool challenging for the title  suddenly and without warning  criticise Rafael Benitez  .
It seems a little odd ,almost as if someone has provided the ammunition and not had the courage to do the shooting . I mean is it just simply coincidental that the same dissenting asides cast at Houllier by Steve groundshare Morgan were virtually identical 
Iwould be interested in hearing other views from forum members on this issue.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:36 am

Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:51 am

havent been on this forum for some considerable time, just proffered my opinion in order to get a response from people who know the workings of Liverpool football club and see this as slightly bizzare that in all Liverpools mediocrity he chooses to stand up when the club is augmenting new talent that will eventually give us the title we so dearly crave .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:36 am

Reade in the Mirror

IT'S A PIZZA BUDGET BUT RAFA HAS US DINING ON CAVIARE
4 November 2006

WHAT'S more enjoyable, seeing talented men quietly turning corners or loud buffoons falling flat on their gormless faces?

Tough call, isn't it? Especially when you assess the cast involved in the latest Rafa Benitez panto.

In the yellow corner we have a septuagenarian, former sheet-music salesman Noel White, who when he was Liverpool chairman allowed a troubled Kenny Dalglish to walk away from the club he loved, then oversaw its 16-year plummet from the summit of English football.

How noble of the director to knife his manager in the back by publicly questioning every aspect of his management. How typical he should do so anonymously.

Then there's David Mellor, the archetypal corporate leech who attached himself to football's backside when it became trendy, claiming Benitez more than any other Premiership manager deserves the sack.

Plus a bunch of bedroom-based nerds whose eyesight gets increasingly worse due to nights spent salivating over the internet, whacking off their rants to football websites.

Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

The object of their venom is a manager who has won the Champions League, European Super Cup and FA Cup in two seasons of intense rebuilding at a club which expects to dine with the Madrids and Barcas at the Savoy's top table on a Pizza Hut budget.

A twice La Liga-winning coach whose talent, dedication and track record has seen him coveted by most of the top sides in Europe, but whose loyalty has kept him at Liverpool.

A loyalty seven days ago he must have been questioning in private as the pressure mounted. And then a couple of games change everything.

Martin O'Neill's unbeaten Aston Villa are put to the sword by some breathtaking pass-and-move football, while the Kop voices its undying support for the manager. Bordeaux are swept aside, ensuring Liverpool are the only English side to qualify for the Champions League knock-out stages with two games to spare.

Steven Gerrard describes a supposed rift with him as "the biggest load of b*llocks I've ever read" and admits the senior players have not performed this season.

White resigns. Rafa stops rotating. Manchester United rest six players, lose in Copenhagen and suddenly Sir Alex Ferguson is the new Tinkerman from Hell. Football eh, bloody hell. As someone once said.

Liverpool have performed miserably in their first five away league games this season and Benitez must take his share of the blame. Which he has. But for supposed fans, commentators and his own director to call for his head on that basis exemplifies the current hysteria that disfigures football.

Examine the charges:

1 His rotation policy is a disaster.

Benitez asks to be judged at the end of the season. Re-read his record above to discover why.

2 He plays Gerrard out of position on the right.

Apart from the fact he played there last season, scored 23 goals and Liverpool won more games with him out wide than in the middle, isn't that where he plays for his country?

3 He's blown the league title when it was Liverpool's year.

Who said it was? Benitez? Or deluded fools who believed that despite signing six new players for moderate fees in the summer while an already-dominant Chelsea topped up their squad with superstars like Michael Ballack, Andriy Shevchenko and Ashley Cole, Liverpool's name was on the Premiership trophy?

It's the wishful thinking of his critics, not Benitez, which define him as an under-performer. He's just getting on with the job of building a squad capable of winning the title at a debt-strapped club.

Give the man the time and the respect he has earned. And before writing off this season remember Benitez has a habit of proving everyone wrong. Two years ago Alan Hansen, among others, accused him of sending out "the worst Liverpool team in living memory." A few months later that team was lifting the Champions League. Remember also this week's 20th anniversary of Fergie's arrival at United.

Four seasons it took him to win a trophy, and seven seasons to win the Premiership. Imagine if United had listened to buffoons like White, Mellor and the jerk-off brigade whenever Fergie's developing side lost a few away games...

You have to laugh, don't you? And in the case of Benitez I know who my money is on to have the last one.

A good read from Reade :)
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:10 am

Didnt know David Mellor had said Rafa needs the sack, cheeky kunt who the feck is he like fat b@stard he should stick to having affairs cause he knows nothing about football.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:21 am

Ciggy wrote:Didnt know David Mellor had said Rafa needs the sack, cheeky kunt who the feck is he like fat b@stard he should stick to having affairs cause he knows nothing about football.

To be fair to Mellor he has given hope to a lot of unhappy young people in this country.

They all think if he can get a gorgeous girl in bed so can they. :D
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:34 pm

s@int wrote:Plus a bunch of bedroom-based nerds whose eyesight gets increasingly worse due to nights spent salivating over the internet, whacking off their rants to football websites.

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:05 pm

Noel White is a fuc*ing shi*house.
Smeg

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:44 pm

This Reade fella has it in the bag.

Anyone - and I mean ANYONE - who wanted Rafa sacking needs a bullet. Simple as that.

Still - it's always better to prove dickheads wrong, isn't it?

Because that's what Rafa is and will be doing.

Eat it, you f*cking cretins! :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:55 pm

kazza wrote:
s@int wrote:Plus a bunch of bedroom-based nerds whose eyesight gets increasingly worse due to nights spent salivating over the internet, whacking off their rants to football websites.

:laugh:

:D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Smeg wrote:Noel White is a fuc*ing shi*house.

I think your out of order there Smeg. I know what he did was wrong but he performed a sterling job for Liverpool for over 21 years and statements like this are not justified.

I love Rafa, sometimes in a slightly homo way, he is the best thing to happen to this club in a long long time and although I was very angry with Noel for comments like the ones that got out. I would still thank him for the job he has done for Liverpool. Also I think it showed a lot of the character of the man in the way he conducted himself by going to the board straight away, resigning and putting himself in the firing line by admitting it. A very noble thing to do and in my opinion not "a fu*cking s*hit house" thing to do.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:39 pm

I could imagine that Rafa is impressed the way the club has handled this.

In Spain, the board are always shouting their mouths off especially when the team is not doing well. It must bug the managers.

Here, he was dispatched within days. The club regretted the whole affair.
The Liverpool Way.

Rafa is the winner here.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:01 am

Of all the cretinous gobshites in the tabloids Brian Reade is about the only one I can stand to read simply 'cos he's a fellow red and seems to be able to put the facts in front of you without manipulating them. The above article is spot on and as he says the time for judging Rafa is at the end of the season.

I'd have to generally agree with SMEG's assessment of White as doing what he's done is tactless, pointless and downright fooking spineless. He may have given 21 years service to the LFC board but as Brian Reade points out a lot of that time has seen the club decline from it's all powerful status. This is the guy that made king kenny resign completely from the managers job when all he wanted was to take a few months off having been completely worn down by the mental & emotional pressure's of attending so many of the Hillsborough funerals and the day to day pressures of the job.

I would say these are the ramblings of  an idiotic old man who's trying to possibly start some kind of boardroom upheaval and again allowed his totally selfish ambitions to come out and destabilise LFC.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:41 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Am I alone in thinking Noel Whites resignation was slightly out of character for a man so obviously steeped in Liverpool tradition , I mean why does a respected member of the board who has endured 16 veritably lean years in terms of   Liverpool challenging for the title  suddenly and without warning  criticise Rafael Benitez  .
It seems a little odd ,almost as if someone has provided the ammunition and not had the courage to do the shooting . I mean is it just simply coincidental that the same dissenting asides cast at Houllier by Steve groundshare Morgan were virtually identical 
Iwould be interested in hearing other views from forum members on this issue.

Noel White is on hte board, Morgan is a shareholder. That is the difference.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Leon I didnt ask what the difference was between the two ,I just asked wich other dissenting voices were remaining firmly in the background.  Leon  you have an irritating talent for stating the obvious and missing the  point totally ,some would call it condescending.       
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion