Noel gallagher - Geezer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:08 am

i knew they did something after the champions league but i didnt know it was this, he also talks about the FA cup.

Soccer AM's old pal Noel Gallagher made another return to the studio on the final show of the 2005/06 season, our FA Cup final special.

Gallagher was in his usual ebullient mood, with Madonna, Bloc Party and Keane coming in for some stick, and when it came to the football, as you would expect, he wasn't short of opinions.

So first of all, given it was the Cup Final special, who did he want to win, and who did he think was going to win?

"Me head says Liverpool and so does my heart," he said. "I have got a lot of pals from Liverpool, so I want them to win. I just can't see West Ham doing it and I can't see Liverpool finishing without a trophy, can you?"

Noel seems to be making a habit of backing Liverpool as he said that one of the best gigs of their recent world tour was the one in south London on Champions League final night when they played Liverpool v Milan on big screens instead of having a support band.

"The night we had at the Champions League final was mega," he said. "We were sat in the dressing room with (Soccer AM's) Fenners and he was devastated at half-time. We were laughing our heads off, and it was like, 'this is an embarrassment to British football'.

"So it goes to penalties and the owner of the clubs says,'we are going to have to take the screens down because you have to go on or we will have to pay a fine', and we were like, 'you can't take the screens down, it is a penalty shoot-out'.

"So anyway, when they eventually won, we thought we would milk it for all it was worth and someone got on the computer and downloaded "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, and we came on to that and stood there and milked it."

But it was West Ham that put paid to Manchester City's hopes in the FA Cup this season, which Noel felt was the defining moment of his side's season, meaning a promising start ended with a 15th placed finish in the Premiership and no silverware again.

And it is isn't just this season that has been a disappointment, Noel already has his concerns about next year, not that he will be mentioning it to City gaffer Stuart Pearce.

"The season was going alright until we played that lot in the Cup and it all went downhill after that," he said.

"I am a bit worried about next season because he (Stuart Pearce) has cleared out about ten players - not that any of the ones he has cleared out were any good - but I don't know what his buying skills are like and it is kind of like starting again, isn't it?

"I like him, he is the man. He came into our dressing room when we played up at Eastlands and he got a spontaneous round of applause through sheer fear. We were petrified.

"He loves his music and he is into The Stranglers and that. He is a good lad though and the bravest man at City will be the one that starts chanting 'Pearce out!'

"He'd hear them up in the 29th row and it will be, 'I'll be back in a minute'."

With Oasis' touring duties over for this season, Noel has got the summer off to watch some football - "I have got my tickets for Sweden and I will take it from there" - but for now, that was it from Gallagher Senior, until next season perhaps.
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:13 am

also from soccer am an interview with crouch and carragher

Here is what defender Jamie Carragher and tall striker Peter Crouch had to say about Stevie G, Djib and the Kaiser...

Best trainer:
JC: Stevie (Gerrard). He is our best player and he is our best player in training as well.

Worst Trainer:
PC: It's not me is it? We'll go with the Kaiser, Didi Hamann. He's sloppy.

Most intelligent:
PC: I'd say Bolo Zenden. He speaks a few languages you know, four or five and has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do as well.
JC: Why do you need to be intelligent to do that?
PC: I don't know.

Least intelligent:
JC: Scott Carson?
PC: Yeah without a doubt.
JC: Has to be Scotty. He is a bit of dope - it is his accent I think. (Said with no trace of irony). He comes from Leeds, or around that way, and just sounds stupid.

Most skilful:
JC: Not me.

(Luis) Garcia has got a few tricks or (Robbie) Fowler for his bit of skill in training the other day, it was a bit special.
PC: It was a flick over his head, it was on Alonso, and it was unbelievable to be fair.

Worst dress sense:
JC: Cissé or Hamann.
PC: For different reasons. Djib is colourful and the Kaiser's just old school. He changes next to me and he has had the same trainers for three years now. He had a pair of cream loafers on today.

Worst taste in music:
JC: Cissé? Is it? Probably Djib for all that rap stuff.

Biggest moaner.
JC: Probably me, on the pitch. I am a bit of a moaner. I try to stop it but I can't help myself.
PC: I would go along with that all day long. I come back for corners and I get pulled and pushed all over the gaff and screamed at.

Quickest player:
JC: The whole team is pretty slow to be honest. We haven't got many quick players. Steve is quite quick but I would have to say Cissé.

Hard man:
PC: You would have to say Stevie no?
JC:Yeah, and Reina is a big lad, I wouldn't want a smack off him.

And who's longest in the shower...
JC: Crouchy for me!
112-1077774096

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:11 am

Most intelligent:
PC: I'd say Bolo Zenden. He speaks a few languages you know, four or five and has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do as well.
PC: I don't know

It's like Laurel and Hardy! :laugh:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:36 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Most intelligent:

that part made me laugh as well

:D
112-1077774096

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun May 14, 2006 1:05 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Most intelligent:

:D  :D  :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:33 pm

The best bit was the bit about Carson
Mark 23

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion