Director resigns - Noel white

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:22 am

It sounds to me like a conversation off the record that suddenly turned up in print. Like it or not, board members will have opinions on how the team should be run like any other Liverpool fan, but - as has been made perfectly clear - the media isn't the place to air those views. I don't believe for a second that he's gone to a journalist and allowed himself to be anonymously quoted.

That said, at any other club this would've dragged on for months. Thankfully it's over and done with now. And so we move on. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:25 am

comment from Rafa Benitez:

Benitez Sorry Over White Exit 31/10/06

Rafael Benitez hailed Liverpool's advance into the next stage of the Champions League with a 3-0 victory over Bordeaux, but still managed words of reconciliation with former club chairman Noel White.

White resigned from his position as a club director tonight in the wake of the previously anonymous boardroom attack on the Anfield boss.

White was quoted last week in the media initially as an unnamed director, criticising Benitez's management methods.

That attack had cast a shadow over the build-up to this Group C match, eventually won convincingly 3-0 by Liverpool to retain top spot in the group on goal difference from PSV Eindhoven.

But hours before the match White had admitted he was the director involved, and offered his resignation.

Benitez said: "It is a pity, I have not had a bad relationship with Noel White, and I am sorry this has happened. Now, though, I would prefer to look to the future.

"The important thing is the club, and such things as this do not normally happen here. This is a big club and there is a way of doing things here. But I am sorry that it has had to end this way."

does everybody else rule out Morgans involvement in this.

???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:35 am

Where did White stand, was he a Moores or Morgan man?

I'm a Bitter man myself. :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:36 am

Oh for god's sake, it's clearly just idle chat that reached someone it shouldn't have. Are you lot going to tell me you haven't slagged off any of your colleagues at home, or down the pub?
ivor_the_injun

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:51 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Oh for god's sake, it's clearly just idle chat that reached someone it shouldn't have. Are you lot going to tell me you haven't slagged off any of your colleagues at home, or down the pub?

Fookin 'ell Ivor I've even slagged off colleagues in work with them the other end of the room (big fookin room though  :p ); however you'd have to hope that for the daft sod's own sanity he's been quoted from an off the record chat. I suppose it could've been a chat that was meant for behind closed  doors and somebody has leaked it to the press. However I'm sure the club would've at least mentioned this in their statement; either way I still say good riddance.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:01 am

He had to resign. He should not have leaked those comments to the press. I agree with Mr Moores, any dissent or disagreements inside the club should remain inside the club confidentially. Rocking the boat in public can cause disruption. A united front must always be shown.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:19 am

I totally agree with the club's stance. The club has to be united as one both in any managerial appointments or dismissals, especially in public. Noel White has done the right thing.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 am

He didnt stay round long did he ! After making those comments.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:00 am

Im sure he was a respected member of the board room but its sad to see something like this occur for no reason at all especially when it doesnt reflect the views of the club on a whole.

I am happy though in a sense for Rafa as this has surley shown him that the club supports him 100%.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:29 am

Poor old Noel and he didn't even have his house party. He's done the right thing by resigning you cannot come out and slam the manager in public it makes us as bad as Chelsea and the treatment of Ranieri.
67-1161385641

Postby taff » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am

Its just an odd thing to say, something doesnt add up.  Is this the same board who have been patient with managers who havent won the european cup in their first season.

I can understand the frustration to the start of the season but this isnt the pub, and internet forum or ex players working in the media.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:38 am

I think people are reading too much into things. People are looking for a deeper meaning and are adding two plus two and coming up with five. For all we know he could of been a victim of undercover journalism or he might not agree with Rafa being incharge. People are linking him with Morgan, which is pure speculation.
67-1161385641

Postby taff » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:48 am

Your probably right, its just weird that he would say this and get caught by a journo, especially considering the things he has seen since the 90's
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:54 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:So directors job up for grabs . . . . Any takers???

Start pimping up your CV :D

I got offered it...... but id thought id wait for the England job to come round again!  :O
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:02 am

If I am not mistaken, was it not a squabble the reason why Rafa chose to leave Valencia? At Valencia Rafa had a reputation for telling the board to pi$s off if they tried to force him to do anything, my take on this is Rafa was not going to compromise and Noel did not appreciate being ignored when he wanted to put in his 2 cents...
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion