Director resigns - Noel white

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:28 am

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:32 am

Espionage wrote:If I am not mistaken, was it not a squabble the reason why Rafa chose to leave Valencia? At Valencia Rafa had a reputation for telling the board to pi$s off if they tried to force him to do anything, my take on this is Rafa was not going to compromise and Noel did not appreciate being ignored when he wanted to put in his 2 cents...

i think this is simply a case of  'a cuckoo in the nest'  or one bad apple...rather than a mutiny, espionage m8. the remaining directors threatened to vote Noel White off the board after he confided (shot himself in the foot) in some of them. that suggests the measure of their integrity at least. Valencia was different.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Espionage » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:59 am

red37 wrote:
Espionage wrote:If I am not mistaken, was it not a squabble the reason why Rafa chose to leave Valencia? At Valencia Rafa had a reputation for telling the board to pi$s off if they tried to force him to do anything, my take on this is Rafa was not going to compromise and Noel did not appreciate being ignored when he wanted to put in his 2 cents...

i think this is simply a case of  'a cuckoo in the nest'  or one bad apple...rather than a mutiny, espionage m8. the remaining directors threatened to vote Noel White off the board after he confided (shot himself in the foot) in some of them. that suggests the measure of their integrity at least. Valencia was different.

True, I am just glad that the board chose the right side!  :D
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:52 am

Well I'll remember Noel White in all his glory, thanks Noel for pushing Roy Evans out, he was .. this close to winning us the Premiership. What could of been from the bootroom trainee. :(
67-1161385641

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Ok, simple question.

Who would you like to see appointed to the Board of directors now that Noel White has left?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:16 pm

taff wrote:Its just an odd thing to say, something doesnt add up.  Is this the same board who have been patient with managers who havent won the european cup in their first season.

I can understand the frustration to the start of the season but this isnt the pub, and internet forum or ex players working in the media.

i think one of the problems is that Rafa's a victim of his own success, after winning cups in his first two seasons for once we all ACTUALLY believed we had a chance this year rather than our rose-tinted specs that we usually wear in previous years.

Then after the bad start everyone jumps on his back- as did many people on this forum. Hopefully we're following the pattern from last season where our first 8 games were awful then we slowly pulled it together to end the strongest of all sides. let's just hope that this year we go that one bit further and others drop a couple between now and then end of the season.

If there's a space on the board I don't mind doind the job if it helps us out!!  :p
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:32 pm

stmichael wrote:Ok, simple question.

Who would you like to see appointed to the Board of directors now that Noel White has left?

White himself wanted Steve Morgan on the board...i wonder whether there is still a viable argument for that to happen any longer, considering the stink that was kicked up.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 pm

tommycockles wrote:
taff wrote:Its just an odd thing to say, something doesnt add up.  Is this the same board who have been patient with managers who havent won the european cup in their first season.

I can understand the frustration to the start of the season but this isnt the pub, and internet forum or ex players working in the media.

i think one of the problems is that Rafa's a victim of his own success, after winning cups in his first two seasons for once we all ACTUALLY believed we had a chance this year rather than our rose-tinted specs that we usually wear in previous years.

Then after the bad start everyone jumps on his back- as did many people on this forum. Hopefully we're following the pattern from last season where our first 8 games were awful then we slowly pulled it together to end the strongest of all sides. let's just hope that this year we go that one bit further and others drop a couple between now and then end of the season.

If there's a space on the board I don't mind doind the job if it helps us out!!  :p

i had to laugh the other night on SSN....Gordon McQueen ( :sleep ) being asked by Rob McAffrey about Liverpool's involvement in this seasons Champions League. his retort was based on the premise that in the League, basically we aren't in the race.. and he reckoned ( :idea ) "Liverpool crumble too easily....I cant see them progressing further in the competition at this rate".. or such terms of garbage very close to that effect.

hmm...will they ever learn their History..as well as how to bloody pronounce the names right!

they will and always have done, continued to right off this club at their peril.

the point being: this club will continue to go about its business in a professional manner...just like they have done in dealing with the White furore...and whoever takes the spare seat on it, will im sure, adhere to those ethics that for so long have endeared this institution to its masses.
Last edited by red37 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion