Its gonna be a white white xmas/new year - Morientas = liverpool player (likely)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:40 pm

I really think morientas will be a liverpool player cum january. His comments on prefering monaco should have been taken in september. I mean seriously, which sane footballer will choose monaco over liverpool.

So we should have a new striker. Now for a right or left winger & a pacy centreback.

1)Good move, if it is true. Morientas is a different player from Garicia, Baros, Cisse, Pongolle & Mellor. To think of it, we have 5 different type of strikers (6 if you count morientas).

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/posting.php?mode=post&f=1

Morientes secures Liverpool move - reports

Newspaper reports today claim that Real Madrid have agreed to loan their striker Fernando Morientes to Liverpool for the rest of the season.

Manager Rafael Benitez has been trying to agree a deal all season but Liverpool have simply been unable to meet the demands from Spain with reports claiming that the Spanish giants want as much as £12million for the 28-year-old.

If today's reports are accurate, Morientes will sign for Liverpool in January until the end of the season when Rafa will be given the option of making the deal permanent.

2)Madrid ? Also seems there is more than meets the eye regarding La Tellac.

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Rafa's transfer hint as Parry returns from talks

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has hinted that he will bring in some reinforcements when when the transfer window re-opens.

The loaned out Anthony Le Tallec recently said that he would return to Anfield to help the Reds if the manager called for him but as far is Rafa is concerned that's not an option.

"Anthony is a very good player but there is now only a month until the transfer window opens," said the manager, who was unimpressed with Le Tallec's attitude when he took over from Gerard Houllier.

Meanwhile Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is believed to have held transfer talks with one of Rafa's January targets after jetting out of England at the weekend.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:57 pm

I'm unsure about Moreintes. That he was excellent in the Champions League last year cannot be questioned, but his domestic form for Monaco was sub standard.

It all depends on what money is available. I'd love Jermaine Defoe, but unfortunately, unless we get some serious cash somewhere, I cannot see it happening.

Were it a case of Morientese costing £3 or 4million less than Defoe, I'd seriously consider looking at trying to raise the extra money somehow, although its probably a pipedream.  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:05 pm

Reading the press, Villa from Zaragoza? seems to be the likely candidate.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 77-1099054247 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:22 pm

Thing is though with Morientes one minute a move seems likely...then the next something happens and he isn't...
77-1099054247

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:23 pm

I think Morientes would choose a Monaco move is cos he likes to like the celeb life and Monaco is more glamarous thank Liverpool :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:28 pm

a loan deal; gives u sthe chance to test out the talent and see if he can fit in.. Benitez knows the type of player he wants... he can bring the best out in each ..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:04 pm

I think Morientes would be an outstanding signing - his guile and cleverness up front will be breathtaking with Cisse fit or baros rampaging.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:37 pm

Paul C wrote:I think Morientes would choose a Monaco move is cos he likes to like the celeb life and Monaco is more glamarous thank Liverpool :(

I disagree. I think the Spaniards[mostly Benitez] here will influence him to sign with us. Liverpool is a bigger club than Monaco and the Premiership is popular these days.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm

This one is gonna run longer than Neil Mellor did on Sunday , just gonna have to wait n see
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:13 pm

A.B. wrote:
Paul C wrote:I think Morientes would choose a Monaco move is cos he likes to like the celeb life and Monaco is more glamarous thank Liverpool :(

I disagree. I think the Spaniards[mostly Benitez] here will influence him to sign with us. Liverpool is a bigger club than Monaco and the Premiership is popular these days.

I'm talking about the lifestlye mate, no doubt were a bigger club and better team than Monaco but the city isn't as flashy as Monaco and I think he's one of those players who like the glits and glamour.

Fingers crossed he'll be at Anfield in Jan  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Unfortunately, lifestyle would be a major factor, and if you can take football out of the equation (and sadly, it is not always as an important a factor as it should be) then going to the South of France is always going to beat the North West of England any day of the week.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Paul C wrote:
A.B. wrote:

I'm talking about the lifestlye mate, no doubt were a bigger club and better team than Monaco but the city isn't as flashy as Monaco and I think he's one of those players who like the glits and glamour.

Fingers crossed he'll be at Anfield in Jan  :cool:

Oh I see, didn't read your post all that well, sorry about that. I just hope he does sign for us like you said.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:32 pm

No probs dude :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:39 pm

Liverpools better than monte carlo any day :cool:
We have the best team in the world and our city is great :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Liverpools better than monte carlo any day :cool:
We have the best team in the world and our city is great :D

True, they have Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, we have Wade Smiths and C&A.

:D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion