Mexico duo attract euro eyes - About time :@

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Mexico goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez and defender Carlos Salcido have attracted European interest in their services, according to club officials.

El Tricolores crashed out of the World Cup on Saturday, after putting on an honourable display in the last 16 defeat against one of the tournament favourites Argentina.

Both Sanchez and Salcido gave good accounts of themselves throughout the showpiece, starting and completing all four games.

They are team-mates domestically at Guadalajara Chivas as well as nationally, and club vice-president Nestor de la Torre has confirmed the interest from abroad.

"I am going to stay a few more days in Germany because some team officials that are watching the World Cup are interested in Sanchez and Salcido," De la Torre revealed.

"I can't say the names of the teams, but I am going to have some meetings to work out if what is offered is good for the players and the club."

Thirty-two-year-old Sanchez is reportedly being chased by a Spanish outfit, while Salcido, 26, is thought to have attracted Premiership interest.

-----------------------------------

Well if Salcido and Sanchez move to European clubs that 5 top Mexicans in European football, so Ace Ventura are Mexico any better yet?

:p
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:32 pm

You get better by the day.
You are asking me IF two players are signed by un-named European sides (could be Everton or TNS) Mexico are then a good side ?
My answer is still no, they are still average...an attractive side to watch but never contenders.
They are only ranked so high due to the fact that they play so many games a year and they often compete against the ridiculously weak central american sides.
They went out valiantly in an exciting game against the argentines, so what ?
They were average in a poor group and failed to beat angola...not  the makings of a good side imo.
We have been over this, but it really does make me laugh how you think the potential transfer of two players will change my opinion.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:40 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:You get better by the day.
You are asking me IF two players are signed by un-named European sides (could be Everton or TNS) Mexico are then a good side ?
My answer is still no, they are still average...an attractive side to watch but never contenders.
They are only ranked so high due to the fact that they play so many games a year and they often compete against the ridiculously weak central american sides.
They were average in a poor group and failed to beat angola...not  the makings of a good side imo.
We have been over this, but it really does make me laugh how you think the potential transfer of two players will change my opinion.

No I didn't want to change your opinion, I just wanted to show you how little you know about Mexico, and how you're ignorant comments about Mexico being "average" because the Mexican players are not tried and tested in Europe.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby davo_LFC » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:44 pm

I thought that player who was playing down the right for mexico against argentina was very good, he repeatedly beat the full back and got a decent cross in, forgot his name...tenor something, sounds like tenorio but he plays for ecuador :O .

Mexico are a decent side, technically very good and excellent tactically but they will always be an also-ran team as far as the world cup goes. They can compete with the best sides but i reckon that they would have to be at their very best just to do so and sometimes that is not enough as in the argentina game.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:51 am

You mean the right back Ricardo Osario, altho he did start off as the centre back, but as Lavolpe likes to change his tatics at least three times a match, Marquez and Osario swapped. Osario is linked with Dortmund and Werder Bremen.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:54 am

0asis wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:You get better by the day.

No I didn't want to change your opinion, I just wanted to show you how little you know about Mexico, and how you're ignorant comments about Mexico being "average" because the Mexican players are not tried and tested in Europe.  :D

What ignorant comments were they ?

Just read back over the last thread and considering how poor Mexico ALWAYS fare in the world cup i think i held back when you stupidly regarded them as tournament contenders.

Here is the statement i made about Mexico players not playing in the top European leagues.

You are right i have only heard of about 3 Mexico players, that doesnt mean they are sh!te but it does mean that they are also not world class players. Or they would be playing in the top leagues for the top clubs.
Again that doesnt mean that they are not a good side, they probably are and i am sure that whoever faces Mexico they will have a tough game, but i am sticking by what i have said that Mexico would go out to any of the sides i listed and probably a few others as well.

And after reading over it i stand by what i said. The majority of star/world class players in world football ply there trade in Europe, there may be the odd exception but the best Argentines Brazilians and even the Australians play there football in Europe.
For Mexico there is one genuine world class player Marquez (plays for Barcelona) Then there's Borgetti, struggled to get a place for Bolton behind the less than prolific Kevin Davies.
The other player i cant recall his name plays for Villareal and was woeful against Arsenal, that was one game so he may be half decent.
After an OK world cup there may be a couple of others who make the move in to European football, it wouldnt surprise me they wouldnt cost the earth so wouldnt represent a major gamble signing them.
You cant handle the fact that i pointed out to you that you were way of the mark when bigging up Mexico's chances, you might not like the fact that i dismissed them without knowing a great deal about the majority of the players but tbh i didnt need to know about them, they always will be a dangerous side capable of giving top sides a game but will never look like challenging in a major tournament.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:50 am

wasnt there a thread like this a while back, but instead of mexico it said senegal?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion