Northern ireland v england! - Healy eyes irish shock

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redsforever » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:53 pm

From sky sports:

Northern Ireland striker David Healy says that he is fit and ready to face England on Wednesday, and believes a jam-packed Windsor Park could inspire them to produce a huge upset.

England have not faced the Irish on their home soil for 18 years and Leeds striker Healy says that Windsor Park will be jumping for the Group Six encounter.

Although Sven Goran Eriksson's men are huge favourites, Healy says they will be looking to produce an upset - and promises they will do better than in their 4-0 defeat at Old Trafford in March.

"It's a big occasion for the spectators and the people of Northern Ireland to see the likes of Beckham, Owen and Rooney," Healy told Sky Sports News.

"You could go through all the squad and say what good players they are.

"We've got to go out on the night, not freeze, and hopefully keep our shape and then who knows?

"England are coming as massive favourites but there are always shocks somewhere along the line. England are going well but hopefully we can stop them getting three points on Wednesday.

"Wales weren't hammered or beaten by many goals and we've got to do that. We've got to keep the goals out and if they do score, which they probably will do, we've got to not collapse the way we did last time.

"There is goals in the team, me and Quinny (James Quinn) have got to be in there waiting for the chances to come along.

"You always read in the papers about things but they've got world class players in every position, it doesn't matter who plays and who doesn't or what formation they use.

"I'm sure Lawrie Sanchez is scratching his head wishing he had the same headache."

Healy came off late in the 2-0 win over Azerbaijan on Saturday, their first competitive win for four years, but he says the injury will not keep him out of the big clash against England on Wednesday.

"Yes, I'm okay if selected. Lawrie can use a number of people who can play up front.

"But I've done a job in the past for Lawrie. I'm looking forward to the game on Wednesday, I'll be fit and I'm sure everyone else will be fit and ready to go.

"It's just a thigh strain or whatever but I spoke to the physio people at my club and they've assured me it'll be okay and it was more to break the game up with 85 minutes gone.

"Lawrie took the decision to take me off, but there's nothing wrong and I'm fit and raring to go."

I cant wait til this game! will be at Windsor park watching it live!
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:57 pm

Unfortunately i aint got a ticket!! But looking forward to watching it on telly with a few beers!!
I cannot see us getting anything from the game being honest!!
But its football and ya never know!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby redsforever » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Its always good to look at the bright side of things. Being realistic i know that we wont win but i hope we can give a good performance and show everyone else that our country does exist! :D 

Unlucky that u didnt get a ticket! ill be in the kop end cheering on the boys!
redsforever

Postby Mikz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:06 am

I think england will do us again..but sure-as long as the lads get STUCK IN :D  What about the away in a manger song -the stars in the bright sky looked down where HEALAYYY!! HEALAYYYY!! :laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsforever » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:23 am

Ill be singing that in the kop! Hav a good feeling that Healy will score!! Come on the green and white army!!!!!!!!!! :D
redsforever

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:15 am

I thought my mate was talking the p.iss when he told me about the Healy song!! :D
Im really looking  forward to the game on TV but a shame it isnt on sky cause we have to endure 90 mins of Jackie (the worst commontator in the history of earth)Fullerton!!
hes sooooo bad its a joke,surely we could do better than him! :blush:
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:37 am

I know what ya mean mate he is absolutely dire! Turn the sound on yer telly right down and put 5 live on -thats what i do when hes commentating. :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:44 am

Jackie Fullerton!  Haha!  Cracks me up every time.

I'd love it if NI got something out of this game but I can't see it, the English will be too good for them I think.

Healy's by far the best bet for a goal for NI, I'd love it  :buttrock
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:31 am

couldn't give a monkeys about this game. i'll be watching ireland-france. should be a belter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:28 pm

stmichael wrote:couldn't give a monkeys about this game. i'll be watching ireland-france. should be a belter.

yeah will be a great game!! I think Ireland will get something from the game.
Its sh.ite that theyre both on at the same time  though cause i hate flicking channels!! :veryangry
66-1120597113

Postby redsforever » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:05 pm

stmichael wrote:couldn't give a monkeys about this game. i'll be watching ireland-france. should be a belter.

Will be a good game to watch, Ireland shud put up a good challenge to France!
redsforever

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:33 pm

redsforever wrote:

Will be a good game to watch, Ireland shud put up a good challenge to France!

If ya wanna talk about Ireland and France make your own thread!! :D
This thread is about N Ireland v England!!
Belfast centre has been buzzing all day!i was driving earlier about 9-30 and stopped at lights,3 half canned English men asked as there any pubs open so i pointed them in the direction of the Dockers!!It opens early every day and its probably the only place in Belfast u can get a beer until 11am during the week!
Judging by the state of these boys they are probably sleeping now And wont wake up for a while.3 good tickets gonna go to waste?Ihope not!
Cant wait to the game now,12 cool beers coming my way!
Good luck to both teams
66-1120597113

Postby nifan82 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:59 pm

O yess!! Nearly there now lads..cant wait to get into The Kop and sing at the top of my voice :D  and show the english boys up!

"We're not Brazil we're Norn Iron"     :bowdown
nifan82

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:53 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Unfortunately i aint got a ticket!! But looking forward to watching it on telly with a few beers!!

You wanna eat your words..................?

We beat England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 pm

kazza 1 wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Unfortunately i aint got a ticket!! But looking forward to watching it on telly with a few beers!!

You wanna eat your words..................?

We beat England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D

Yes please Kazza!! 
I did say it was football and anything cud  happen tho!!
HEART b4 TALENT
EFFORT b4 STATUS
TRY and TRY u will succeed!
YNWA
66-1120597113

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion