Northern ireland v england! - Healy eyes irish shock

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:43 pm

I have said for ages that England are not very good. Their players are high profile but that doesn't meen great. They have three or four passengers (I include beckham).

That said they'll still qualify - won't need playoffs and you'll all be tipping them to win the trophy in Germany. they won't and you'll all either blame the manager or luck.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsforever » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:41 am

MY GOD WHAT A RESULT FOR NORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT IM STILL DREAMING!!!! I WAS AT WINDSOR PARK TO WITNESS HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!!!!

WE'RE NOT BRAZIL WE'RE NORD IRELAND!! HEALY HEALY HEALY HEALY!!!!!!!!!

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS BRILLIANT IN BELFAST! PEOPLE U ALL SHUD HAVE BEEN THERE IT WAS BRILL!!

IM STILL RECOVERING FROM THE SHOCK OF THE RESULT AND ALL THE ALCOHOL FROM LAST NITE!

LADS YOU HAV DONE US ALL PROUD!

BRING ON THE WELSH! :D
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby redsforever » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:52 am

FROM IRISHFA:

DESPITE suffering the disappointment of England’s first ever qualifying defeat under Sven-Goran Eriksson, former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham still took time out to acknowledge the magnificent support given by the Windsor Park crowd.

“The Northern Ireland fans were absolutely incredible,” declared Beckham, who was one of the few England players to play to his potential last night. “They were magnificent at Old Trafford in March and tonight they sang all the way through the game to create a superb atmosphere.”

Of the match itself Beckham, who graciously applauded the Northern Ireland supporters in the Alex Russell Stand at the end of one of the most exhilarating matches at Windsor Park for years, admitted the home side were well worth the three points.

“A lot of credit has got to go to Northern Ireland, they worked incredibly hard all through the game and all over the pitch and they deserved their victory.”

“If we had have won against the Irish it would have been seven wins on the trot in qualifying games but it just wasn’t meant to be.”

With Poland defeating Wales 1-0, it now means England are five points adrift of the leaders in second place, however Beckham insists that automatic qualification for next year’s World Cup Finals in Germany are still very much alive.

“That defeat hurt more than anything, but if we win our next two games, which are both at home, then we can still top the group.”

HAPPY DAYS! :D
redsforever

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:44 pm

redsforever wrote:MY GOD WHAT A RESULT FOR NORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT IM STILL DREAMING!!!! I WAS AT WINDSOR PARK TO WITNESS HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!!!!

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS BRILLIANT IN BELFAST! PEOPLE U ALL SHUD HAVE BEEN THERE IT WAS BRILL!!

IM STILL RECOVERING FROM THE SHOCK OF THE RESULT AND ALL THE ALCOHOL FROM LAST NITE!

Enjoyed reading this topic.

On the 7th in Belfast you'd have thought we won the world cup. And as mentioned we deserved to win.

Think about this result in the context of a team that went 2 1/2 years without a goal  and 4 years without a competitive win.

But I have to agree - Erikkson is an abysmal manager. The individual quality of the England starting 11 is massive. In each position they have top quality players. On paper they should be competing to win the world cup. Yet collectively they are a disaster. And, that can only be attributed to the manager. All this 'The players have to accept responsibility too' is complete rubbish.

They didn't know where they were supposed to be playing. You could remove Gerrard and Lampard from a game any more if you did it deliberately. They were both lost. 4-4-2 with Beckham on the right and Rooney slightly off Owen was the obvious way to play.

But anyway, I'll remember the 7th September 2005 forever now.  :)  :)
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsforever » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 pm

fivecups wrote:
redsforever wrote:MY GOD WHAT A RESULT FOR NORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the 7th in Belfast you'd have thought we won the world cup. And as mentioned we deserved to win.

Think about this result in the context of a team that went 2 1/2 years without a goal  and 4 years without a competitive win.

But I have to agree - Erikkson is an abysmal manager. The individual quality of the England starting 11 is massive. In each position they have top quality players. On paper they should be competing to win the world cup. Yet collectively they are a disaster. And, that can only be attributed to the manager. All this 'The players have to accept responsibility too' is complete rubbish.

They didn't know where they were supposed to be playing. You could remove Gerrard and Lampard from a game any more if you did it deliberately. They were both lost. 4-4-2 with Beckham on the right and Rooney slightly off Owen was the obvious way to play.

A day to remember indeed! Not often a team ranked 116th in world can do that to england who are in top 10...... :D..
Would be good if the home nations championships were brought back instead of pointless friendlys all the time!
redsforever

Postby fivecups » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:11 pm

redsforever wrote:
fivecups wrote:

A day to remember indeed! Not often a team ranked 116th in world can do that to england who are in top 10...... :D..
Would be good if the home nations championships were brought back instead of pointless friendlys all the time!

Aye, give us a chance to defend our 'British Champions' title.

Just to remind all on the forum - Northern Ireland are the reigning British Champions!!!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion