Impressed by the mexico team ! - Following their win over brazil...

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:30 pm

The whole Mexico team have been impressive yesterday nite against world champions Brazil. They prevented Ronaldinho, Kaka and Rubinho from providing threats.

Morales has been impressive on the left wing. A bit of a Riise style but more skilful. Would definitely be a good buy if we decide to let Mr Kewell go one day(was a former fan of the aussie). Jared Borghetti had to take a penalty 3 times and missing it. Finally showed great determination to jump in front of Roque Jr to score the only goal.

The Mexico defence has also been outstanding even though missing Rafael Marquez(Barcelona). The goalkeeper was also great.

Their midfield was also in good shape. I was also impressed by Brazilian Right Back Cicinho who has a great pace and vision.

Cant wait for the first signing !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:51 pm

Mexico stepped up big. Unfortunately I was only able to see the highlights.

Have you checked out the Argentinian team? As most know, they kicked the cr@p out of Brazil a few weeks ago. I think that they might win the whole thing next year. Brazil just looked out of whack and they were left NO room to maneuver in that match. Argentina may get into trouble though if Brazil figures them out.

Mascherano is probably headed from River Plate to Corinthians and then Chelsea soon. Ronaldinho was almost a non-factor because of him and the defense.

Sorin (Villareal)is a monster for them. Has to be one of my favorites of the team. Absolutely all over the pitch.

A strange thing tho was that I didn't see a bunch of La Raza waving their Mexican flags in LA yesterday. It was pretty quiet.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:51 pm

I agree.  They were strong all around yesterday.  They put in an impressive match against the US in a cup qualifier a couple months ago as well.

Never seen anything as bizarre as the thrice taken penalty though.???
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:03 pm

Saw the game and Ronaldinho was non-existant. Adriano had three or four chances to score but his finishing was disapointing suprisingly.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:09 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:Never seen anything as bizarre as the thrice taken penalty though.???

I have !!!!

Unless i am mistaken, when Brazil beat Argentina in the first game (in brazil), i think they won 3-0/3-1 and all were penalties....Bit scandalous I thought at the time, as the Argentinians were definetly the better team, as was proved when the two played a couple of weeks ago.
76-1115222408

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:11 pm

We've all seen this happen plenty of times before FFS.

Brazil just don't give a fu.ck until the world cup comes around, then they turn it on.  its the same every time.  They almost didn't qualify for the last world cup because they :censored:.ed about in qualifying but they still won it.

Argentina nearly always look the better side in qualifying but the truth is they've bottled it in the last 4 world cups.

I'd still have Brazil as favourites next summer
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:19 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
jeffiroquai wrote:Never seen anything as bizarre as the thrice taken penalty though.???

I have !!!!

Unless i am mistaken, when Brazil beat Argentina in the first game (in brazil), i think they won 3-0/3-1 and all were penalties....Bit scandalous I thought at the time, as the Argentinians were definetly the better team, as was proved when the two played a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah I think iv seen a thrice taken penaly this season actually I think it was Yakubu vs Norwich (not sure if it was norwich but i think it was).
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:23 pm

john craig wrote:We've all seen this happen plenty of times before FFS.

Brazil just don't give a fu.ck until the world cup comes around, then they turn it on.  its the same every time.  They almost didn't qualify for the last world cup because they :censored:.ed about in qualifying but they still won it.

Argentina nearly always look the better side in qualifying but the truth is they've bottled it in the last 4 world cups.

Yea you're right, but I think that if Brazil persist to play Roque Junior at CB, they are heading for a fall, IMHO!!!!
76-1115222408

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Lets sign all the Mexicans now then.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:01 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Lets sign all the Mexicans now then.

hahahahahahahaha.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby policy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:02 pm

john craig wrote:Argentina nearly always look the better side in qualifying but the truth is they've bottled it in the last 4 world cups.

I would have to agree with you there.  :D
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Yea you're right, but I think that if Brazil persist to play Roque Junior at CB, they are heading for a fall, IMHO!!!!

I didn't see the game the other night but I've seen Roque Junior plenty of times before and you're right, he's a donkey!!!

But Dida is a good keeper and Lucio is a quality defender, and I'm sure they'll find another decent centre half in time for next summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:19 pm

... I wonder are the Brazillians on the decline.. Argentina will win the World Cup..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:50 am

on the decline!??!?!? after one bad result against a good Mexico team they are all of a sudden on the decline! They tore Greece apart 3 days ago in a fantastic footballing display.

Most if their best players like Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Robinho are under the age of 25 - in decline my :censored:.    :laugh:

Argentina could well win the World Cup though, and if not them Brazil. South American football is in really good shape at the moment.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:35 am

Brazil have an aura about them that frightens other teams to death, especially in world cup tournaments. On paper they the best players and they always have a great team spirit, so you could say they have a few things going for them! on the downside you could say the defence aint great but they have plenty of attacking options all over the pitch, so they wont worry about conceding a few as they are almost certain to score a fair few
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion